HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radko Gudas

Old
05-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Hockeyfan02

vCash: 500
I saw them in the team store when I was there before game 1, not sure if they have a number for the store but try calling the team to find out.

Hockeyfan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
FEAR THE BEARD!!

Happy birthday Big guy!!!!!

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 08:29 PM
iwtb*

Next season I want to see Gudas we saw in the beginning of this season. Do I have a point if I say his game fell when he had that fight against Sbisa? After that he didn't hit or fight much and overall played terrible.

iwtb* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-15-2014, 08:58 PM
MattM92

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radko Gudas View Post
Next season I want to see Gudas we saw in the beginning of this season. Do I have a point if I say his game fell when he had that fight against Sbisa? After that he didn't hit or fight much and overall played terrible.
I agree with you. I think it was a combination of fatigue and nagging injuries. Plus, I'm not so sure he's a top 4 dman anymore. May be best suited for 16-18 minutes a night in a bottom pairing role.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 08:28 AM
AimForTopCheddar
trust the yzerplan

vCash: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
I agree with you. I think it was a combination of fatigue and nagging injuries. Plus, I'm not so sure he's a top 4 dman anymore. May be best suited for 16-18 minutes a night in a bottom pairing role.
I still think he can be a #4 as he progresses. It was no doubt fatigue and injuries that was his downfall but that can be accommodated by rest and some more endurance training and conditioning in this off season.

A rejuvenated Gudas can be that #4 we saw earlier this season. Carle is just a bad partner with Gudas in my opinion.

AimForTopCheddar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 05:21 AM
Sky04

Quote:
. May be best suited for 16-18 minutes a night in a bottom pairing role.
I'd rather keep him on the bottom pairing also, until he does improves his skating that is. He was exposed many times this year, won't take long before guys get past the intimidation factor and know they can just beat him on the outside consistently.

Sky04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 10:29 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky04 View Post
I'd rather keep him on the bottom pairing also, until he does improves his skating that is. He was exposed many times this year, won't take long before guys get past the intimidation factor and know they can just beat him on the outside consistently.
Won't take long because it already happened. Notice how his hits went down and he started looking tired? Guys figured out that he cheats for a check and they started taking advantage of that.

MattM92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 10:42 AM
jg39
SFY is great

We need to remember that not all of our prospects arrive completely perfect. This was Radko's first full NHL season, so I think we can give him some leeway in regards to fatigue. He stayed physical, made some good plays, put the puck on the net, and brought a lot of what the team needed this season on defense.

He also had some boneheaded passes, and a couple serious WTF moments. The skating needs to be better.

However, it's a learning process for a guy who just turned 24. He's gonna have some hiccups here and there, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. Every guy has some things he can work on in the offseason, especially a guy who is < 100 games in the NHL. No way am I going to put Gudas in the #5-6 slot.

jg39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 04:41 PM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by jg39 View Post
We need to remember that not all of our prospects arrive completely perfect. This was Radko's first full NHL season, so I think we can give him some leeway in regards to fatigue. He stayed physical, made some good plays, put the puck on the net, and brought a lot of what the team needed this season on defense.

He also had some boneheaded passes, and a couple serious WTF moments. The skating needs to be better.

However, it's a learning process for a guy who just turned 24. He's gonna have some hiccups here and there, but the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. Every guy has some things he can work on in the offseason, especially a guy who is < 100 games in the NHL. No way am I going to put Gudas in the #5-6 slot.
Nothing against him, like you said, he's young and at this point he is a great 5/6 and only an ok number 4.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:15 PM
Kramerica Industries

Quote:
Won't take long because it already happened. Notice how his hits went down and he started looking tired? Guys figured out that he cheats for a check and they started taking advantage of that.
To wit, take a look at this if anyone needs a refresher:

Gudas got cooked badly there.

Kramerica Industries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 11:46 PM
Stamper

All I see is Carle ****ing it up in a dazzling manner

Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2014, 02:00 AM
Sky04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamper View Post
All I see is Carle ****ing it up in a dazzling manner
How do you see that? He intercepted a pass, won a puck race and tossed it back into their zone, that was pretty much on Gudas for falling on his ass and Lindback for amplifying the play 100x's worse by giving up a softy.

Old
06-19-2014, 06:13 AM
HoseEmDown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky04 View Post
How do you see that? He intercepted a pass, won a puck race and tossed it back into their zone, that was pretty much on Gudas for falling on his ass and Lindback for amplifying the play 100x's worse by giving up a softy.
Don't blame Lindback for Gudas' mistake.

I think he's a solid bottom pair player and best served there where his style of play can be utilized fully. As we saw this season he wore down trying to play that way 20 minutes a night. 15-16 would be ideal. He showed though he can play top 4 if needed so if we need him to step up he can be relied on for stretches.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 04:35 PM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

All I hear is Glen Healy trying to sound like he knows what he's talking about.

I just had to watch that video, didn't I? Now I'm pissed.

In other news, ice is slippery. Players fall. Happens all the time. Gudas didn't really get cooked, he just misstepped. Furthermore, he took a bad angle on Plekanec, which is why Plekanec was able to swivel around him, and make him misstep. Gudas realized this and tried to correct it, but... that happened.

And as mentioned, it wouldn't have been as big of a deal if Lindback could play an angle.

Last edited by HoseEmAllAround: 06-20-2014 at 04:42 PM.
HoseEmAllAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-26-2014, 03:23 PM
Off Center

victor hedman, potentially the bolts' best Dman ever by the time he hangs it up, has taken 4+ years to shore up his game and really deliver on his potential. i have faith that Gudas will continue to shore up his game in the coming seasons and be an important player for the bolts long term.

Off Center is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 06:04 PM
ultra63

"How to Hate the Atlantic: Tampa Bay Lightning"

"Radko Gudas is as dirty a player as there is in the NHL these days. While idiots gush about how hard he tries and about how he could be the next coming of Scott Stevens, this dookhammer takes it upon himself to chicken-wing his elbow up at every opportunity and bash opposing players in the face for the crime of scoring against his team minutes earlier."

I did not think Gudas was beloved by other fan-bases bur he does seem to piss off other teams.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/hate-at...194839976.html

ultra63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 06:17 PM
Brie
bearer of bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultra63 View Post
"Radko Gudas is as dirty a player as there is in the NHL these days. While idiots gush about how hard he tries and about how he could be the next coming of Scott Stevens, this dookhammer takes it upon himself to chicken-wing his elbow up at every opportunity and bash opposing players in the face for the crime of scoring against his team minutes earlier."

I did not think Gudas was beloved by other fan-bases bur he does seem to piss off other teams.

Wow, I don't know how to respond to an article that seem to have been writen by a 10-year old but I loved the part about Gudas, he is making quite a name for himself and people start to see that when you face him will hurt and that will make people see that facing us will be hard and the games won't be easy or painless.

Brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 06:17 PM
AlwaysSunnyInTampa
Ride the Lightning

Haters gonna hate. We need a goon anyway. I'm tired of teams thinking they're gonna get over on us. The old Bolts of the early to mid 90's weren't all that great but no one sure as hell messed with them.

AlwaysSunnyInTampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 06:59 PM
xteesy

Quote:

That just means he's doing this job

xteesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 07:23 PM
The Macho Man
Fire Cooper

vCash: 134
I mean... Gudas is one of the cleanest hitters I've seen of the big hitters in the league. Whatevs... hate away haters.

Edit: Oh - it's just a trash-talking piece. Nothing to see here.

The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 07:59 PM
Mikey 48
Still D.R.E.J.

Quote:

Good, good...

Mikey 48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 10:09 PM
chasespace

Haters gonna hate

chasespace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-19-2014, 11:57 PM
Still All In
Plz stop pucks

I didn't know yahoo sports took over for the bleacher report.

Still All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2014, 11:01 AM
dbieon12
Vinik-Yzerman-Cooper

Soooo this is a long offseason because of the hype for this team.

dbieon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-20-2014, 11:51 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

To the haters:

LightningStrikes is online now   Reply With Quote