HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

My girlfriend says she needs time and distance. Is she calculating velocity?

Closed Thread

Old
06-16-2014, 05:58 PM
TheDaysOf 04

vCash: 500
MERICA!

Old
06-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Bout time they get a Bolts fan in there. Every year our team/players are criminally underrated. WE HAVE A VOICE NOW!
Is this the point where I mention that the aforementioned David Littman played for the Lightning and has been a producer on the NHL series for several years now?

Old
06-17-2014, 09:04 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 50
So both Germany and the USA won yesterday at the FIFA World Cup. How cool is that? Very cool, I say.

Old
06-17-2014, 09:23 AM
MattM92

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
So both Germany and the USA won yesterday at the FIFA World Cup. How cool is that? Very cool, I say.
What's gonna happen when USA and Germany meet?

Old
06-17-2014, 09:57 PM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Stryfe, I should refer you to a post I made on the wishlist thread in the EA section of the forum. It was for NHL15 I think. I mean, I doubt you'll be able to make a difference just getting into the company and all, but keep it all in mind

Yup, found it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoopThereItIs View Post
Don't have NHL 14, but I've played it. Had the ones before it. Got a PS4 now, so I don't see myself buying 14.

Anyway, what I'd like -

Make it so when pinning against the boards, you must mash the button. Nathan Gerbe should not be able to pin Zdeno Chara with ease and keep him there. If you mash it faster than your opponent, you win the battle. Obviously, size and stuff would be taken into account as well. It's not a perfect idea, but it could be a good one.

Also, make it so the NHL players actually have hands. Too many times one of the players will watch the puck go by them with no effort to get it. Maybe make it so you push O at the same time the puck goes by. Players with better hands would be given a higher cushion as to when you can push the button. Players with bad hands, it must be precise.

Every time a player blocks a shot, they go off in pain. I don't know about you guys, but when I play defense and a guy isn't in a shooting lane, I switch and move the closest skater to the players shooting lane. I don't bother with that L1-R1 combo. Takes too much time. Shot blocking should happen naturally. And when the puck hits the player in the shinguard, don't have him buckled over in pain.

Have my Be a Pro Goalie be able to stop a ****ing beach ball.

Make dump and chase actually work.

Change the rating system. For both players and teams. The star system is especially stupid.

Make stick checks work better. Make it so I'm able to actually tie up a players stick.

I'd like better graphics too. The NHL series looks like **** compared to the other sports games. This includes not making the coach the same generic balding guy for every team.

Oh, and new commentators. If they can't do that, better commentating.
They got new commentators. The graphics looks good from what I've seen so far too. I feel like EA holds back on cool features, so they can release it next year as the coolest new feature. Know what I mean?

Old
06-17-2014, 10:50 PM
Crabby Williams

Quote:
Stryfe, I should refer you to a post I made on the wishlist thread in the EA section of the forum. It was for NHL15 I think. I mean, I doubt you'll be able to make a difference just getting into the company and all, but keep it all in mind

Yup, found it:

They got new commentators. The graphics looks good from what I've seen so far too. I feel like EA holds back on cool features, so they can release it next year as the coolest new feature. Know what I mean?
You must be referring to the broken sticks feature.

Old
06-17-2014, 11:49 PM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Yup, found it:

Quote:
Don't have NHL 14, but I've played it. Had the ones before it. Got a PS4 now, so I don't see myself buying 14.

Anyway, what I'd like -

Make it so when pinning against the boards, you must mash the button. Nathan Gerbe should not be able to pin Zdeno Chara with ease and keep him there. If you mash it faster than your opponent, you win the battle. Obviously, size and stuff would be taken into account as well. It's not a perfect idea, but it could be a good one.

Also, make it so the NHL players actually have hands. Too many times one of the players will watch the puck go by them with no effort to get it. Maybe make it so you push O at the same time the puck goes by. Players with better hands would be given a higher cushion as to when you can push the button. Players with bad hands, it must be precise.

Every time a player blocks a shot, they go off in pain. I don't know about you guys, but when I play defense and a guy isn't in a shooting lane, I switch and move the closest skater to the players shooting lane. I don't bother with that L1-R1 combo. Takes too much time. Shot blocking should happen naturally. And when the puck hits the player in the shinguard, don't have him buckled over in pain.

Have my Be a Pro Goalie be able to stop a ****ing beach ball.

Make dump and chase actually work.

Change the rating system. For both players and teams. The star system is especially stupid.

Make stick checks work better. Make it so I'm able to actually tie up a players stick.

I'd like better graphics too. The NHL series looks like **** compared to the other sports games. This includes not making the coach the same generic balding guy for every team.

Oh, and new commentators. If they can't do that, better commentating.

Quote:
So they made me sign a NDA. I will be as general as I can. A lot of the things you said work better. And the things that are better are significantly better. You really feel the difference in this game. One thing people don't talk about is how good puck feels. It feels real. You will complain, you will scratch your head, and you will rage at how it moves sometimes but at the end of the day the puck doesn't move like flubber. I can't say much more, but Bolts overall stats are better than Colorado, and overall are one of the better ones in the game. Although I am going to take it up with someone that Palat and Johnson are too low when compared to Nyquist.

And the game looks ****ing gorgeous. I will try the other stuff out tomorrow and see what I discover.

Last edited by Yzlamic Preacher*: 06-17-2014 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Words and afterthought
Old
06-18-2014, 02:18 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Who are the new commentators?

Old
06-18-2014, 09:26 AM
Kramerica Industries

NHL 2004 is the most recent game I have, for a bevy of reasons too much to explain.

I love the game and play it to this day, but damned if it doesn't annoy me from a hockey fan POV when I don't see active sticks in the passing lane whilst on the PP. When I'm trying to slip a cross-ice feed from the boards to the slot for a one-timer with a crashing F, there should be a D with an active stick to deflect the pass away, and it doesn't happen nearly enough.

Seeing as how the last NHL game to be on computers was in 2009 and I don't have a PS, so is it logical to assume this has been an improved feature in the 2005-2013 editions? Based on what Coop said WRT hands and everything, I'm not so sure.

(also, faceoffs after the opponent ices the puck; they win the draw, and then ice the puck again. It's almost systematic with the way they do that and I HATE it. It's unrealistic, it wastes time, and it basically goes that way until you break the cycle; that is, I end up letting them win an icing race just to stop the madness.)

Old
06-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

So I'm watching Jimmy Fallon solely because he's in Orlando this week.

It's a 36 minute show with 18 minutes of standing ovation from the crowd and I'll admit, a witty host, but I don't get it, did he like...do something funny before?

Wand = penis. That's rare comedic genius.

Him mentioning Graham Zusi was pretty surreal though as I went to HS with him and our sisters played soccer together for several years. (although I still don't care enough to watch the World Cup)

Old
06-18-2014, 10:03 AM
Yzlamic Preacher*
Believes in Yzergod

Quote:
Who are the new commentators?
Doc Emmerick and Eddie Olcyzk. Ferraro offers some on ice stuff too. Overall feel to tthe game is that you are watching an NBC broadcast of an NHL game. Right from the intro.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

It's coming

(language)

handy chart

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-18-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old
06-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Kramerica Industries

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Doc Emmerick and Eddie Olcyzk. Ferraro offers some on ice stuff too. Overall feel to tthe game is that you are watching an NBC broadcast of an NHL game. Right from the intro.
I was about to ***** about this, but then I remembered that the alternative is Rogers' Sportsnet now and, umm, NBC wins that battle of lesser evils by default.

Of course, NBC has, like, three different intros to their broadcasts (by this, I mean one of three types, not three in the same broadcast) so I'm not sure it's been whittled down as to what the intro will look like.

Old
06-18-2014, 10:34 PM
HoseEmAllAround
Extend Matt Carle

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
Yup, found it:

So they made me sign a NDA. I will be as general as I can. A lot of the things you said work better. And the things that are better are significantly better. You really feel the difference in this game. One thing people don't talk about is how good puck feels. It feels real. You will complain, you will scratch your head, and you will rage at how it moves sometimes but at the end of the day the puck doesn't move like flubber. I can't say much more, but Bolts overall stats are better than Colorado, and overall are one of the better ones in the game. Although I am going to take it up with someone that Palat and Johnson are too low when compared to Nyquist.

And the game looks ****ing gorgeous. I will try the other stuff out tomorrow and see what I discover.
Awesome. I'll probably buy 15 when it comes out. You've definitely got to say something about the ratings system, because according to EA, Tampa Bay's defense has been miles better than it's offense the past 4 years.

Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh

Old
06-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

It has arrived.

Old
06-19-2014, 10:45 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

guys, if anyone is still up, I need an alternate way to synthesize the antidote.

Old
06-21-2014, 03:45 PM
MattM92

Hey guys, Tropico 5 is on sale on Steam. Usually $30.00 but is now $29.99. Buy it now and save a penny!

Edit: Or maybe it's 39.99, hard to tell with the slash through it. Still, too rich for my cheap blood.

Best deal I see today is Terraria for $1.99 and Skyrim for $4.99

Old
06-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattM92 View Post
Hey guys, Tropico 5 is on sale on Steam. Usually $30.00 but is now $29.99. Buy it now and save a penny!

Edit: Or maybe it's 39.99, hard to tell with the slash through it. Still, too rich for my cheap blood.

Best deal I see today is Terraria for $1.99 and Skyrim for $4.99
Tropico 5 was reduced by $10. A mere 25% off, although I like your taste.

But did you see it on a flash sale or community choice? No. Did you see it as a daily? No.

It's a very new game so this is about what I'd expect from them on a discount, but if you're not going to play it in the next few months (if you buy it), then wait for the Fall or Winter sale. Developer Calypso gets involved with Humble Bundles and tends to deep discount their games frequently, but it takes a few months.

In the current Community Choice, they've got Papers, Please for 3 bucks. I consider Papers to be in the class with GTAV for the best game of last year. No ****ing joke. Get dat ****.

$2.50 for Surgeon Simulator is a pretty good number too as it's too intentionally broken to really justify paying more money for. It'll give you a laugh.

$6 for the Stanley Parable, especially if you haven't played the original HL2 mod, sits well with me. I'd recommend that. The demo for the game is also all original content, so download that anyway.

I'm looking at Banished, it's only 1/2 off though ($10). Think it'll drop further? Goat Simulator also hasn't been featured, and I'm interested in that, anyone played it?

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-21-2014 at 06:32 PM.
Old
06-22-2014, 06:35 AM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Dragon Age: Origins Ultimate Edition is also a good buy for the price, as is I feel Prison Architect (although it's still in early access)

I've got a game idea guys. Zombie survival game. Release it for early access.

Stop it, Steam. STOP.

I also see that for some reason I've got a handful of giftable Steam keys to Dead Island: Epidemic. If you're on my Steam friend list, I've sent you one, but I've still got like 3 extra sitting around. Who wants?

It's supposed to be a F2P MOBA at release, so I think the keys are to the closed beta.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-22-2014 at 07:18 AM.
Old
06-22-2014, 10:10 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Thanks FP!

Edit: Either I'm an idiot or steam is bugging. It's stuck in the "checking for licence updates" dialog and I can't activate / install the game.

Edit 2: Ok, apparently I didn't get the gift although I got the e-mail saying I got the gift. When I click the "mail" icon in Steam there are no active (nor past) gifts. This is strange.

Last edited by LightningStrikes: 06-22-2014 at 11:47 AM.
Old
06-22-2014, 05:28 PM
Felonious Python
Still Drej

Quote:
Thanks FP!

Edit: Either I'm an idiot or steam is bugging. It's stuck in the "checking for licence updates" dialog and I can't activate / install the game.

Edit 2: Ok, apparently I didn't get the gift although I got the e-mail saying I got the gift. When I click the "mail" icon in Steam there are no active (nor past) gifts. This is strange.
I actually have little idea what I gifted, I just knew that gifting was the only thing I could do with them (I have not played DI: Epidemic either way, although I did get a beta key)

but, is free.

Seeing the Witcher 2 and Tomb Raider sell for 5 dollars each made me look at graphics card options. I'm looking at a Radeon 6670. Anyone have one of those?

Buying a graphics card online is truly the most difficult experience of my life. Everything I've trained for means nothing.

edit: check out Battleblock Theater. 75% off/$3.74 It's by The Behemoth, who made Alien Hominid and Castle Crashers. I wasn't too sure if I'd like BT, but I have quite a bit so far. Controller is definitely recommended.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 06-22-2014 at 07:39 PM.
Old
06-22-2014, 07:50 PM
Stammer Time
Sons of Pirates

vCash: 107
Let's work out a deal LS, a draw is better for both of our countries, let's just kick the ball around for 90 minutes and both advance.

Old
06-23-2014, 12:51 AM
TheDaysOf 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish please View Post
Let's work out a deal LS, a draw is better for both of our countries, let's just kick the ball around for 90 minutes and both advance.
Everybody wins!

except Portugal and Ghana

Old
06-23-2014, 04:13 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bish please View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaysOf 04 View Post
Everybody wins!

except Portugal and Ghana
Sounds like a plan! Let's get Jürgen and Jogi on the phone!

Old
06-23-2014, 04:16 AM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Python View Post
I actually have little idea what I gifted, I just knew that gifting was the only thing I could do with them (I have not played DI: Epidemic either way, although I did get a beta key)

but, is free.
The e-mail says you gifted me the game. When I proceed and activate the gift nothing happens (except for a "checking for licence updates" dialogue) and the Steam client isn't showing the gift so I can't download the game. What an emotional roller coaster!

Closed Thread