HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Garon Should Start

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2004, 10:11 AM
gohabsgo2010

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Garon Should Start

Don't get me wrong, I'm still a Theodore fan by all means, but he's been playing some pretty terrible hockey. It's not just the All-Star break that's affected him, though. If you take a look at the game by game stats, he has allowed 10 goals in three stars since the break, while allowing 13 goals in four games prior to the break.

Whether is he overworked, frustrated, or just plain slumping, I do not know, but I do think that Mathieu Garon looked extremely solid after he came into the game last night. There's no doubt in my mind that Garon should play against the Thrashers on Tuesday, even if Theodore has had Kovalchuk's number this year. In fact, I would even consider throwing Garon in against the Leafs on Saturday. Regardless, if we do lose with Theo between the pipes on Tuesday, there has to be a change in net.

I'm not trying to spark a controversy or anything, simply put, I think Jose is playing pretty poorly and a rest should be in order. Perhaps if he was able to watch his teammates play some inspired hockey from the bench he would have less reason to blame losses on those playing in front of him?

Old
02-15-2004, 10:14 AM
Mathletic

if Thédore is really the big star of the team he has to stop that streak ... and if Garon does it, you better start to ask questions

Old
02-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
Well don't blame it all on Theodore, he has had some really poor defence infront of him lately.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:18 AM
Mats NAslund

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
Well don't blame it all on Theodore, he has had some really poor defence infront of him lately.

....Go to Garon, he looked good last night!

Old
02-15-2004, 10:18 AM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSU Seminoles
if Thédore is really the big star of the team he has to stop that streak ... and if Garon does it, you better start to ask questions
Exactly. Fact of the matter is, not making the playoffs is unacceptable; and we're not about to sacrifice youth to get to where we want to be, not this year at least. Now, I know, we've literally gone from mini-beasts in the East to 'losers', but the thing is there are three teams better than us on paper, all of which play out of the state of New York, that are closing in on us. Normally, losing three in a row is no reason to panic, and in that case panicking would be considered 'bandwagon jumping', but we've lost three winnable games and we are in danger.

Things must change, and it starts with effort, but the effort is not going to be there if the players aren't comfortable with the man behind them. We have a world class goalie, he needs to start playing like one.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:33 AM
oli500

Im all for garon to start next game. I even think that if he gets the win vs the trashers he should start vs the flames. Put him in tel he losses a game. I dont now if its just me but when garon is in net the hole team seem to play better. Its like when theodore is in net the rely on him and play like crap. I would put garon for the next two games to see what he can do. This way theodore well be hungry for a win vs the leafs. We have nothing to loose.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:36 AM
Firthbird

Send a message via MSN to Firthbird
The only thing that concerns me about Garon going in net, is that everytime he is in net, he seems to lose the Game with a few minutes left. I get nervous when it comes to about 3:00 left in a game.....

Old
02-15-2004, 10:38 AM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firthbird
The only thing that concerns me about Garon going in net, is that everytime he is in net, he seems to lose the Game with a few minutes left. I get nervous when it comes to about 3:00 left in a game.....
because he plays once every month

Closed Thread