HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated"
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Political Discussion - "on-topic & unmoderated" Rated PG13, unmoderated but threads must stay on topic - that means you can flame each other all you want as long as it's legal

All-Purpose Benghazi Butt-Hurt Thread

Old
05-27-2014, 12:03 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
Yeah, even joking about it will get some of the teenage mods on the hockey boards to come down on you with their tiny bit of power.
Is the solution an NBA-type age requirement?

Kurtosis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:33 PM
Sharpshooter1

vCash: 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtosis View Post
Is the solution an NBA-type age requirement?
IQ test for some would be a good starting point.

Sharpshooter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 02:48 PM
Doppler Drift

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpshooter1 View Post
IQ test for some would be a good starting point.
That would cut down the Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk & National Hockey League Talk forums to 2 posts per week.

Doppler Drift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 05:36 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Mr Atoz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-27-2014, 07:04 PM
FF de Mars

I'm pissed off because sports will be on private TV in Canada next year. I'm singing communists songs. Can't believe you think it's alright to get dominated by Elysium like that. Getting back to the arena. Go Habs go !

FF de Mars is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 09:53 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

http://freedomoutpost.com/2014/06/bo...us-government/

I'll just leave this here.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Troy McClure

They accuse the government of producing the video. Why do they think the government wanted to do so? What was the point?

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 10:32 PM
GarbageGoal
Follow the Buzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troy McClure View Post
They accuse the government of producing the video. Why do they think the government wanted to do so? What was the point?
Look, you're dealing with the same sort of braintrust that thought going into a Walmart on a Sunday and committing murder/suicide AND THEN hijacking a courthouse and blowing it up was the proper plan of action.

GarbageGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-10-2014, 11:33 PM
Free Torts

Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Misfits View Post

Pick it back up on your way out.

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Torts View Post

Pick it back up on your way out.
I seen it, and had to share it.

Lethargic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 07:28 AM
TheThrill81
So Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Misfits View Post
Walid Dingbat is up to his old tricks again I see.

TheThrill81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-11-2014, 08:11 AM
Ilkka Sinisalo
Amazing American

Gee, think they referenced Shoebat.com enough in that crappy article?

Ilkka Sinisalo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 09:15 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

These people are insane:

Heritage’s ugly Benghazi panel

Quote:
Representatives of prominent conservative groups converged on the Heritage Foundation on Monday afternoon for the umpteenth in a series of gatherings to draw attention to the Benghazi controversy.

But this one took an unexpected turn.

What began as a session purportedly about “unanswered questions” surrounding the September 2012 attacks on U.S. facilities in Libya deteriorated into the ugly taunting of a woman in the room who wore an Islamic head covering.

The session, as usual, quickly moved beyond the specifics of the assaults that left four Americans dead to accusations about the Muslim Brotherhood infiltrating the Obama administration, President Obama funding jihadists in their quest to destroy the United States, Obama and Hillary Rodham Clinton attempting to impose Sharia blasphemy laws on Americans and Al Jazeera America being an organ of “enemy propaganda.”

Then Saba Ahmed, an American University law student, stood in the back of the room and asked a question in a soft voice. “We portray Islam and all Muslims as bad, but there’s 1.8 billion followers of Islam,” she told them. “We have 8 million-plus Muslim Americans in this country and I don’t see them represented here.”

Panelist Brigitte Gabriel of a group called ACT! for America pounced. She said “180 million to 300 million” Muslims are “dedicated to the destruction of Western civilization.” She told Ahmed that the “peaceful majority were irrelevant” in the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001, and she drew a Hitler comparison: “Most Germans were peaceful, yet the Nazis drove the agenda and as a result, 60 million died.”

“Are you an American?” Gabriel demanded of Ahmed, after accusing her of taking “the limelight” and before informing her that her “political correctness” belongs “in the garbage.”

“Where are the others speaking out?” Ahmed was asked. This drew an extended standing ovation from the nearly 150 people in the room, complete with cheers.

The panel’s moderator, conservative radio host Chris Plante, grinned and joined in the assault. “Can you tell me who the head of the Muslim peace movement is?” he demanded of Ahmed.

“Yeah,” audience members taunted, “yeah.”

Ahmed answered quietly, as before. “I guess it’s me right now,” she said.

Plante had kicked off the forum by lamenting a “news media that is spectacularly uncurious when it comes to even the basic bare-bones facts of what happened in Benghazi that night.” But the hour that followed showed exactly why Americans (or at least the non-Fox-News-viewing subset of Americans) are rightly skeptical: The accusers’ allegations grow wilder by the day.

Plante cast doubt on whether Ambassador Chris Stevens really died of smoke inhalation, demanding to see an autopsy report.

Gabriel floated the notion that Stevens had been working on a weapons-swap program between Libya and Syria just before he was killed.

Panelist Clare Lopez of the Citizens’ Commission on Benghazi said the perpetrators of the attack are “sipping frappes with journalists in juice bars.”

One questioner said he had heard that Gen. Carter Ham, then-commander of U.S. Africa Command, had been “placed under house arrest” at the time of the Benghazi attack. “I’ve heard the same story,” Plante seconded.

Another questioner, claiming to be from a Web site called GodSaveUSA.com, asked about an assertion that Obama “watched our people die” in real-time drone footage from Benghazi.
There's plenty more.

Epsilon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 09:26 AM
Sevanston

Why would Obama watch real-time drone footage of Benghazi when he was clearly the one leading the strike?

Honestly, it's like these people don't realize that Obama has a body double in the White House 99% of the time.

Right now, he's in Mosul, personally leading ISIS' charge. That's why "Barack" in the WH keeps saying he won't have Americans intervene, because they'd ruin his real goal of establishing an Islamic Caliphate with him as the Caliph.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon View Post
These people are insane:

Heritage’s ugly Benghazi panel

There's plenty more.

For fuck's sake with these people. They are not even trying to mask their racism and prejudice anymore.

Old
06-17-2014, 11:18 AM
Kadri43

Thanks for including me in the OP, I appreciate the sentiment.

Kadri43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 11:49 AM
Johnnywhite

Quote:

For fuck's sake with these people. They are not even trying to mask their racism and prejudice anymore.
Complete arseholes, nothing much else to say to that.

Johnnywhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 12:00 PM
slip

Quote:

I guess when your own government no longer hides its barbarity toward Muslim nations across the globe, what's the point of pretending anymore?

And I know plenty of liberals who share similar attitudes toward Muslims. It's really a bi-partisan thing.

slip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 12:05 PM
Kurtosis
Patiently Waiting

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post
I guess when your own government no longer hides its barbarity toward Muslim nations across the globe, what's the point of pretending anymore?

And I know plenty of liberals who share similar attitudes toward Muslims. It's really a bi-partisan thing.
It doesn't matter to me what side of the aisle you are when you hold those types of views; it is disgusting just the same.

Old
06-17-2014, 12:08 PM
Johnnywhite

Quote:
Originally Posted by slip View Post

It's tragic when the lunacy of the likes of Pam Geller veers towards becoming mainstream.

Johnnywhite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Sevanston

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...a52_story.html

Quote:
U.S. captures Benghazi suspect in secret raid

U.S. Special Operations forces captured one of the suspected ringleaders of the terrorist attacks in Benghazi in a secret raid in Libya over the weekend, the first time one of the accused perpetrators of the 2012 assaults has been apprehended, according to U.S. officials.

The officials said Ahmed Abu Khattala was captured Sunday near Benghazi by American troops, working alongside the FBI, following months of planning, and was now in U.S. custody “in a secure location outside Libya.” The officials said there were no casualties in the operation and that all U.S. personnel involved have safely left Libya.

Abu Khattala’s apprehension is a major victory for the Obama administration, which has been criticized for having failed so far to bring those responsible for the Benghazi attacks to justice.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 01:26 PM
Led Zappa
Tomorrow Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
False Flag!

Youth Movement! Tally Ho...
Led Zappa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Sharpshooter1

vCash: 550
Quote:
It doesn't matter to me what side of the aisle you are when you hold those types of views; it is disgusting just the same.
I think the manner in which this girl was attacked is also disgusting. I also think that Islamists and the Right wing Christian fundamentalists in the US have more in common than they realize. Lastly, I don't think Islam is a religion of peace, though I do believe that many peaceful people are muslim. They're not the ones that are of primary concern but they are the silent majority. It's their silence that allows for the radical minority to dictate the direction of the course of the religion that the silent minority are beholden to. And this isn't isolated to Islam, but also extends to other religious moderates of other 'faiths'.

Sharpshooter1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 10:23 AM
CaptainCrunch67

Hillary isn't even backing her president any more on this.

She was all over the video causing the riots at the time, now she's backing off on that.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...nton-fox-news/

CaptainCrunch67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2014, 10:44 AM
Ugmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch67 View Post
Hillary isn't even backing her president any more on this.

She was all over the video causing the riots at the time, now she's backing off on that.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014...nton-fox-news/
Who friggin' cares, apart from people who would never vote for her anyway?

Ugmo is offline   Reply With Quote