HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Munchausen, you are a traitor!

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 01:08 PM
Dutchy

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
I always get a good laugh, when I look into a two way mirror, I think see the 1 hit wonder THEO ...
I missed you!

Happy Valentine's day!

Old
02-14-2004, 01:11 PM
JOHNNY V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchy
I missed you!

Happy Valentine's day!

VIVA LA Dutchy, Happy Vachon cake day

Old
02-14-2004, 01:27 PM
Bud The Spud*

Send a message via MSN to Bud The Spud*
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNNY V
VIVA LA Dutchy, Happy Vachon cake day
Ah, love is in the air. Happy Vachon Cake Day to you too, JOHNNY V :p

Old
02-14-2004, 02:16 PM
goalchenyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphee
Try and remember that it's good to be able to laugh at yourself. You'll live longer.
read this post i find in an other board...you could see how far it could go

Hey Quebecers - Triumph the insult dog on Conan O'brien
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hey Quebecers - did you catch that skit on Conan from Toronto?

At first I thought it mean of me to laugh so hard, but then I thought:

"Thanks Conan, for getting revenge on every Quebecer who's ever treated me like complete crap when I go to visit the province and spend my money in it, 3 or 4 times a year either to go to the Bell Centre and watch the Leafs-Habs, or to spend crazy money skiing in Mont Tremblant."

Consider it a little revenge for all you Quebecois in separatist country and even in Montreal who've ever treated me like a piece of garbage because I'm an Anglophone.

Consider it revenge for every Quebecer that has treated me like crap (and there are alot of them) even though I've always shown your culture the utmost of respect, even though I've had nothing but glowing things to say about your province and your people, and even though I've made every attempt to speak your language to you, yet got ripped off, treated like crap, threatened, sworn at and anything else that a good many of you have said to me upon my numerous visits.

Consider it revenge for sucking the life out of this country by taking far, far more than your share of our tax dollars to prop up Quebec culture, which doesn't really need it, because It's actually a very strong and healthy and glorious culture.

Consider it minor revenge for years of blackmailing the rest of the country with empty threats of separating.

It's a minor thing, I hope you guys are big enough to take a joke. At least big enough as I've been after having been treated the way I have on visiting your beautiful province year after year, and yet still defending you guys and your culture.

Cheers,

Old
02-14-2004, 02:20 PM
Dutchy

Send a message via ICQ to Dutchy
mark0v, again... COME ON!!!

This guy has issues... There are morons everywhere. It's not the fact that he saw a comedian making fun of Quebecers that made him become an ass. This guy was was born this way. Plus, the way he speaks, he really seems to have issues... Probably childhood trauma or something.

Blaiming TV for every idiots out there is too easy.

Old
02-14-2004, 02:52 PM
loveshack2

Old
02-14-2004, 03:06 PM
chicpea*

You'd think the one place where we wouldn't get into this swampy debate is here on the Habs' forum. Habs fans are not only the best hockey fans, we are the *ideal* canadians. If you'll note, there are many of us (e.g., myself) who are not from PQ. We always get along (except, periodically, when we're losing) and this forum is often bilingual. Who cares about a stupid puppet? Yes, it was tasteless, but it was soo obviously a deliberate attempt to be provocative and to cause an uproar (read, free publicity).
Of course, I'd prefer if the puppet went to Alberta (no offence Sheldon).

Old
02-14-2004, 04:22 PM
ShootOut

Send a message via ICQ to ShootOut Send a message via MSN to ShootOut
The problem is that most people do not know what Triumph is, or what its purpose is. I heard about it once or twice, vaguely, have never seen him live. I went to check if Triumph is regularly that irreverent with other people from another places and, yes, he is, if not more; then that's alright in my book.

IMO, the uproar comes mostly from the fact that almost no one knows what Triumph is about here. Yes, of course, they should have had a hint when they saw "the insult comic dog" attached to his name...

But hat would be asking a lot.

Old
02-14-2004, 05:09 PM
tritone

Money?

The argument that tax payers paid for this is completely irrelevant.....Do any of you righteous anti-humourists have any idea how much money was GENERATED from having Conan O'Brian in Toronto ?
Do you think the Government had any clue that this was going to happen in the first place?
Don't you think you're all being a little too sensitive here? Half of the things the Dog said weren't even stereotypes of French Quebecers , they were more France French stereotypes. Bandwagon bleeding heart righteous politically correct bogus moaning, enough already .
Heaven forbid we ever laugh again , someone might think we're laughing at them .
Nobody ever laughs at English Canada noooooo , no stereotypes there huh? just beer drinking hockey playing , eh saying , moose hunters. Americans? nobody ever pokes fun at them noooooooo , uh huh uh huh i's gonna sleep wiff mah sista ellie may , let's go to war with ummmm anyone.... no, the only people that ever get laughed at or stereotyped are us ...the french quebecers, give it a rest .

Old
02-14-2004, 05:19 PM
Vicious

Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicpea
Who cares about a stupid puppet? Yes, it was tasteless, but it was soo obviously a deliberate attempt to be provocative and to cause an uproar (read, free publicity).
Of course, I'd prefer if the puppet went to Alberta (no offence Sheldon).

Triumph makes that kind of joke *every time he is on the show*... It has nothing to do with causing an uproar or free publicity. It's incredible how some people are closeminded.

Old
02-14-2004, 05:56 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerberos

Coming from anybody else that might be seen as offending. However, Triumph has made a name for himself by insulting everyone about everything. Everybody's treated equally by him, so nobody should feel victimized. That's right, everybody's equally crappy.

Or if you prefer, everybody's great, for him to poop on!

Old
02-14-2004, 08:25 PM
CHareth

I condemn the government for being dumb enough to hire a late night program for promotion purposes and expect kid-glove treatment. I wouldn't ask Don Rickles to emcee my wedding and not expect him to insult anyone there. I'd do it because, even if shocking, it would be memorable and hilarious. This is what comedians on late night do (Leno with Jaywalking, Letterman with his cameras on the streets of New York, etc), and with Triumph, it's even more outrageous. What I find totally offensive is the Canadian government now wasting taxpayer dollars to initiate this frivolous action against Conan. Does the American government cry about CBC going in there making fun of Americans on 22 Minutes? No, because they're not as insecure and couldn't care less.

And anytime someone takes major offense to or takes some action against Triumph, you're just asking for more trouble: Pets.com and Eminem anyone? This should be a fun challenge for Triumph: poking fun at an overreacting government of a country.

Old
02-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Natural Habs Fan

It's nice to know there are still people out there with a sense of humour.

Old
02-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Ford Prefect

Maybe you should think about seperating yourself from that donut. Ha ha

Closed Thread