HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hemsky - any word?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
  #1
LiveTheSearch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Lincoln County
Country: United States
Posts: 174
vCash: 3223
Hemsky - any word?

Has anybody heard if Hemsky will be playing the last six games, or will it be a game in, a game out, and so on?

Thx

LiveTheSearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:39 PM
  #2
Bucket
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 788
vCash: 500
He'll be back for the rest of the games I'm sure. The only reason he didn't play on Saturday was because it was a B2B. The team knew he could only take one game, and they decided to have him play on Friday

Bucket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 01:51 PM
  #3
oilerfanatic
Registered User
 
oilerfanatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Siberia
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
he should sit out for the remainder of the season...not only does his presence ruin our chances of a top pick, but he risks injury...

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 02:04 PM
  #4
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Registered User
 
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: E-town
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,646
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfanatic View Post
he should sit out for the remainder of the season...
Except the game against CGY on the 7th.

LoudmouthHemskyfan#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 02:05 PM
  #5
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Narnia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,964
vCash: 500
On the Oilers website, on the IR, he's listed as doubtful so who knows.

__________________
"He just ate up Robyn Regehr for dinner, a spectacular play by Hemsky, and Robyn Regehr has got doo doo all over his face" - Rod Phillips call on Hemsky's goal vs the Flames
Narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-26-2007, 10:08 PM
  #6
Bryanbryoil
Moderator
 
Bryanbryoil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 55,426
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilerfanatic View Post
he should sit out for the remainder of the season...not only does his presence ruin our chances of a top pick, but he risks injury...
Agreed, imagine if Hemmer were to need shoulder surgery because he gets injured even worse because they decide to play him in meaningless games.

__________________
Treat Others As You Would Like To Be Treated
Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:39 AM
  #7
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,906
vCash: 500
I am not disagreeing with your points, I would also rather Hemsky sit out BUT there is always more than one side to a story.

1. If Hemsky is healthy and he has choosen to play, he may not accept being taken out of the line-up.

2. If he has been cleared to play and just stays out of the lineup you have a complaint from the other teams that the Oilers are not playing their best lineup possible and they may submit that complaint to the NHL.

a) for trying to gas the season to get a better draft pick.
b) icing an intentionally inferior team against teams battling for a playoff spot or position.

As I said I would rather not see him play either but it isn't as easy as that.

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 02:23 AM
  #8
Captain Pilsner
Registered User
 
Captain Pilsner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,899
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyaddict101 View Post
I am not disagreeing with your points, I would also rather Hemsky sit out BUT there is always more than one side to a story.

1. If Hemsky is healthy and he has choosen to play, he may not accept being taken out of the line-up.

2. If he has been cleared to play and just stays out of the lineup you have a complaint from the other teams that the Oilers are not playing their best lineup possible and they may submit that complaint to the NHL.

a) for trying to gas the season to get a better draft pick.
b) icing an intentionally inferior team against teams battling for a playoff spot or position.

As I said I would rather not see him play either but it isn't as easy as that.
ah, hello reason. how refreshing to see you stopping by this forum again...

Captain Pilsner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 06:44 AM
  #9
Spawn
Registered User
 
Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 27,221
vCash: 500
If the training staff and Hemsky thinks he can play than he should play. Just because the games don't mean anything doesn't mean the best players shouldn't play.

Spawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 07:27 AM
  #10
Jimmi McJenkins
Sometimes Miracles
 
Jimmi McJenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Alberta
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,501
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spawn View Post
If the training staff and Hemsky thinks he can play than he should play. Just because the games don't mean anything doesn't mean the best players shouldn't play.
I agree, I think people are forgetting, that regardless of the slide, this team is still trying to win everynight. Though I found it telling that the only game Hemsky comes back they win

Jimmi McJenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 07:56 PM
  #11
hockeyaddict101
Registered User
 
hockeyaddict101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 19,906
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smytty Heart View Post
ah, hello reason. how refreshing to see you stopping by this forum again...
Darn work! It always gets in the way.

Working a lot right now, don't worry I will be back!

hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.