HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rosa called up, Brennan sent down, Barney on IR

Closed Thread

Old
02-14-2004, 03:11 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
Rosa called up, Brennan sent down, Barney on IR

Los Angeles Kings
Recalled right wing Pavel Rosa from Manchester of the American Hockey League; placed right wing Scott Barney on injured reserve with a shoulder injury; assigned left wing Kip Brennan to Manchester for conditioning.

Old
02-14-2004, 03:18 PM
jfont

Awards:
this is another miserable loss for the kings...hopefully, scott barney will be able to come back fast...

on another note, i know alot of ppl hate rosa here, but i'm really looking forward to seeing him play...i believe i'm in the minority on this...

http://www.monarchshockey.com/news/?id=866

02-14-2004, 04:40 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont
this is another miserable loss for the kings...hopefully, scott barney will be able to come back fast...

on another note, i know alot of ppl hate rosa here, but i'm really looking forward to seeing him play...i believe i'm in the minority on this...

http://www.monarchshockey.com/news/?id=866
I'm with you J. Rosa has been playing well for the Monarchs, and played pretty well in the All-Star game. He has a good bit of offensive potential but he does still seem to float sometimes.

Old
02-14-2004, 04:55 PM
zeppelin97

I'm pulling for Rosa and i hope he sticks with LA. I'm skeptical he'll show even a decent level of effort, so its important that he scores points. I'm also skeptical Rosa will get a decent amount of ice time (about 10 minutes), so we'll see what happens.

Old
02-14-2004, 05:04 PM
willie

I'm hoping that Rosa is being brought up to be put in a position to succeed. (ie. power play time, playing with decent scorers) Put him with Frolov and Stumpel (really, at this point in time, Rosa is one of the most skilled, healthy players LA has in the organization) and see what he can do. It worked for Barney, maybe Rosa will follow suit. This guy is going to be very motivated to do well as he seems to be leaning towards leaving North America after this year if he can't catch on in the NHL.

They called him up last year, and he didn't look bad, but he was playing like 5 minutes with guys like Brennan, and obviously failed to do nothing.

Old
02-14-2004, 05:48 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by willie
I'm hoping that Rosa is being brought up to be put in a position to succeed. (ie. power play time, playing with decent scorers) Put him with Frolov and Stumpel (really, at this point in time, Rosa is one of the most skilled, healthy players LA has in the organization) and see what he can do. It worked for Barney, maybe Rosa will follow suit. This guy is going to be very motivated to do well as he seems to be leaning towards leaving North America after this year if he can't catch on in the NHL.

They called him up last year, and he didn't look bad, but he was playing like 5 minutes with guys like Brennan, and obviously failed to do nothing.
Agree. My greatest criticism of Andy Murray is that often times he does not play to players strengths. He will play a guy like Rosa or Cammy on the fourth line and then wonder why they are not successful. It is one thing to expect a guy to be defensively responsible. It is quite another to put a guy whose main strength is offense, in a totally defensive role, and expect him to be successful.

Last edited by Legionnaire: 02-14-2004 at 11:42 PM.
Old
02-14-2004, 06:40 PM
no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Agree. My greatest criticism of Andy Murray is that often times he does not put play to players strengths. He will play a guy like Rosa or Cammy on the fourth line and then wonder why they are not successful. It is one thing to expect a guy to be defensively responsible. It is quite another to put a guy whose main strength is offense, in a totally defensive role and expect him to be successful.
I had that same bad taste when they sent Cammy down. It is a shame he is not playing on the big club. He could at least be gaining some value in trade.

Old
02-14-2004, 09:11 PM
Fat Elvis

You guys said it right, put Rosa in a position to suceed and leave him there for at least 5 games. Don't put Sim, Chartrand or even Ebel on that line with Frolov and Stump. The guy is a good offensive threat and he should produce if given the Right opportunity. I for one am rooting for the guy to play lights out great. Gooo Rosa! And we better not see Tripps sorry butt anywhere near the 1st line.

Old
02-14-2004, 10:34 PM
Old Hickory

vCash:
I think this is Rosa's last chance to prove that he can play in the NHL. He mentioned in an article from NHL.com that he was thinking about returning to Europe if he doesn't make it to the NHL this year

Old
02-14-2004, 10:50 PM
plaugher

He was such a great offensive talent down in the Q'... here's hoping he makes the most of this shot.

Old
02-15-2004, 12:06 PM
punchy1

Perfectly put legionne. Rosa looked grand in the AHL all star game. Reason why is he were used as a sniping forward. He played well enough in the nuet and def zones but really had a solid spark in his own end. His goal was good,not great but he had so many chances that he was always a threat.

Andy will likely try him in Barneys spot and if he slips up once he will move him to the fourth line to "help learn to play defence" or something like that. I can't wait to see him play. I also have to continue to wonder why in the bloody helll Zizka is with us. (unless he were moved and I missed it) If ANYONE has EVER proven he don't belong with the big club in his time with it out of the A it is Zizka. He is out of position or gripping way to tight to be effective. Muir would be very much better an option. At least he plays well enough defencively to not be as brutal of a hole back on the bluey.

Camms has been yanked (no pun) around enough now to where he isn't scoring at the blinding pace he has every other time he has been in the A and I have to wonder if it is going to effect his game in the long run.

Andy is a passionate and grand system coach. A very good man. He loves hockey and sure seems to love the Kings. He gets the best he can out of making most of his players play his system to the best of thier skills. He is awful with how he plays kids. How many CJ,Emo PP's did we see last year while Frolov, talented young defencively sound future star sat on the bench? One example and yes, I know I am venting but, I certainly hope that we get to see Rosa given the chance to shine and that he lives up to it.

Old
02-15-2004, 05:08 PM
willie

Well he hardly "dominated". He played a solid game but, really, both his points were complete flukes so we shouldn't put too much stock in this game.

Here's hoping he does play well though. The Kings can use all the skill they can get.

Old
02-15-2004, 05:14 PM
DJ Spinoza

I happened to catch the third period and he looked pretty good out there. Made some things happen, was effective along the boards, and caused a turnover.

Closed Thread