HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pickup Ice/Roller on Long Island / NYC Area

Old
06-06-2014, 06:30 PM
eyjee
the basement

vCash: 500
Pickup Ice/Roller on Long Island / NYC Area

Mods - I can't find the thread that I know exists on this. Something about a continuous open Saturday night hockey game. I've used the search feature to no avail, please merge if you can locate that thread.

I was just curious if anyone had a list or something along those lines of rinks that offer open hockey, either ice or roller. I was at Ice Works today (I'm sorry, if it makes you guys feel any better, I did not remove my Rangers hat ) to get my skates sharpened, and asked about their open skates to which my surprise they said they did not have any.

I also know about that outdoor indoor style rink in the park by the Floral Park LIRR station. I keep meaning to check that out. Has anyone been there?

I just think it's time to get on the ice and back in the game.

eyjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:06 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Mods - I can't find the thread that I know exists on this. Something about a continuous open Saturday night hockey game. I've used the search feature to no avail, please merge if you can locate that thread.

I was just curious if anyone had a list or something along those lines of rinks that offer open hockey, either ice or roller. I was at Ice Works today (I'm sorry, if it makes you guys feel any better, I did not remove my Rangers hat ) to get my skates sharpened, and asked about their open skates to which my surprise they said they did not have any.

I also know about that outdoor indoor style rink in the park by the Floral Park LIRR station. I keep meaning to check that out. Has anyone been there?

I just think it's time to get on the ice and back in the game.
I play pick up roller hockey out in Smithtown every Sunday. We have a large group of guys. Tons of fun. You should come out and play dude.

nevesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Balej20

Anyone play pick up roller in Nassau?

Balej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 07:23 PM
eyjee
the basement

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
I play pick up roller hockey out in Smithtown every Sunday. We have a large group of guys. Tons of fun. You should come out and play dude.
Cool.

Are you willing to post additional details for all to see?

eyjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2014, 10:10 PM
nyrmetros

Pickup inline hockey at George Harvey Park in Whitestone Queens every Saturday and Sunday morning, and Monday - Thursday night at 6 or 7pm. Lights go on at 9 ish...

nyrmetros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 12:48 AM
1Knee1T
OHH MAMMA DONT U CRY

Baldwin Park has an outdoor roller rink with an indoor surface that usually has a good crowd on Saturdays. Also during the week around 4ish you can occasionally find a good game. The skill level varies but in general I'd say it's about as good as B-level beer league.

1Knee1T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2014, 08:52 AM
jratelle19

Hey all! I play on ice with the Old Pucks out of Freeport during the year. We wrap up our season in late April. We are a group of mostly 40+ in age. I enjoy it because we form teams and match lines pretty evenly with regards to skill and age. Non checking and non heavy slap shots and the ref keeps the shift time.

I'm looking to keep playing during the summer months. However, I really don't want to get set up in a pick up game where there are so many young guys that simply use an old fart like myself as a pylon. Anyone know of a game somewhere on the Island or in the boroughs with a bunch of old rink rats like myself? Ice only, please. Thanks!

jratelle19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 10:54 AM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
Cool.

Are you willing to post additional details for all to see?
Sorry I never got back to you on this earlier.

We play every Sunday in Smithtown/Nesconset at the Smithtown Public Library location. Roller hockey rink is in the parking lot/field area.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/armory-park-nesconset

148 Smithtown Blvd
Nesconset, NY 11767

We have a group on Facebook called 'Armory Hockey'

It's a big group of guys, and everyone is super cool.

A lot of guys record tons of the games, so there is lots of footage on youtube. Here is one below someone shot with a go pro taped to their helmet.

Old
06-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Tundra

There is always a Thursday 11 PM game at Cantiague Park, but you need an invite.

Tundra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:06 PM
BrianNYR

Superior in Kings Park does Friday and Saturday night. They usually get a decent amount of people. They keep semi-decent ice in the summer months too.

http://www.superioricerink.com/Hockey/Open-Hockey

Skate Safe does open hockey during the day. Some days there's a ton of people, and some days I've had the rink to myself.

http://www.pointstreaksites.com/view...ews/news_23309

BrianNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 03:52 PM
Ian
Mike York fan club

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Sorry I never got back to you on this earlier.

We play every Sunday in Smithtown/Nesconset at the Smithtown Public Library location. Roller hockey rink is in the parking lot/field area.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/armory-park-nesconset

148 Smithtown Blvd
Nesconset, NY 11767

We have a group on Facebook called 'Armory Hockey'

It's a big group of guys, and everyone is super cool.

A lot of guys record tons of the games, so there is lots of footage on youtube. Here is one below someone shot with a go pro taped to their helmet.

This is awesome - what times do you guys normally play? Might head down this weekend.

Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-20-2014, 04:09 PM
nevesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian View Post
This is awesome - what times do you guys normally play? Might head down this weekend.
We usually start at about 11:30am-12pm and play till about 3pm.

Come down!

Old
06-20-2014, 04:18 PM
ericmgomes

Hey gents,

I play a *TON* of roller all over LI. Skate Safe has the best rink around, (Inline 1 in Mt. Sinai was amazing but it closed). World Gym in Setauket and Sports Arena in Smithtown have their own open rink times available. I do know that Rapid Fire out in Shirley also has late night skates every weekend for a few hours.

ericmgomes is offline   Reply With Quote