HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

If Henrik cant bounce right back after this loss I think this team could...

Old
03-27-2007, 11:14 PM
Balej20*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Got 3 numbers for you

What do those numbers mean? When you see what they mean, you'll know why it IS overracting to act like this after we played one bad period of hockey. Okay, one terrible period. But it happens. Not to mention Montreal is the type of team that does exactly this, espically at home. They have done this more than once this season, they seize on momentum.

Rangers will get in, so will Montreal.

When I look in our cage and see Lundqvist in net, I smile. We have the best goaltender in this playoff race.
Highly, HIGHLY doubt that. Take a gander at their upcoming schedule. Absolutely brutal. And they aren't a very good team to begin with either. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Islanders get in or Carolina. I would be shocked to see the Habs get in.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
chosen

Post nonsense.

Complain about responses being nonsense.

Repeat.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:18 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Highly, HIGHLY doubt that. Take a gander at their upcoming schedule. Absolutely brutal. And they aren't a very good team to begin with either. I wouldn't be shocked to see the Islanders get in or Carolina. I would be shocked to see the Habs get in.

I would...brutal schedule, combined with the Dippy fiasco, I have a hard time seeing them get in. My guess is, looking at the schedules, since Carolina has TB, while Montreal has Toronto, you get one of each from those respective divisions.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Fire Sather
new Niclas Wallin?

Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Good point about the schedule. I knew that, but it simply slipped my mind that they have those 2 difficult games. That said, I took it as more of a elimination. I think the Isles are done. DP is in limbo at the wrong time. TB is just reeling and have no goaltending at all right now. Everytime I think Toronto is ready to make a run, they do what they did last Friday. Carolina is the defending champs and probably figure out a way to get in.

NYR
CAR
MTL

Fire Sather is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:19 PM
ThirdEye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Sather View Post
Got 3 numbers for you

What do those numbers mean? When you see what they mean, you'll know why it IS overracting to act like this after we played one bad period of hockey. Okay, one terrible period. But it happens. Not to mention Montreal is the type of team that does exactly this, espically at home. They have done this more than once this season, they seize on momentum.

Rangers will get in, so will Montreal.

When I look in our cage and see Lundqvist in net, I smile. We have the best goaltender in this playoff race.
Some good points. It might be a hit and miss with Montreal though, because as Balej mentioned they have a tough schedule and the least game remaining. Halak is winning them games, but he's still shaky as heck. I don't think they will get Huet back before the season ends either. Anyway, just saying I'll take our chances over theirs right now.

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:20 PM
ExiledRangersFan

I'm not trying to flame you, but wouldn't any team be in trouble if their starting goalie fails down the stretch? We'll also be in trouble if Jagr, Prucha, Avery, and Mara all get injured next game. Maybethat should be your next thread. Win or lose, I'm just looking forward to some good hockey after so many years of terrible play.

ExiledRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:21 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

whatever...they werent about to win EVERY game

will they TANK and miss the playoffs?

will they regroup swallow the loss and work on getting even better?

stay tuned.....

O

03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I would...brutal schedule, combined with the Dippy fiasco, I have a hard time seeing them get in. My guess is, looking at the schedules, since Carolina has TB, while Montreal has Toronto, you get one of each from those respective divisions.
I thought I heard tonight that the DP situation wasn't as bad as they thought it was this morning? If that's the case, I say they get in. If he can't play, I guess they won't get in.

I just don't see Tampa falling out of the playoffs, St.Louis and Lecavalier just wont let it happen, no matter how bad their goaltending is. And Carolina will be right in there too. So I still say the final spot is between NYI and Carolina.

Old
03-27-2007, 11:25 PM
clmetsfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledRangersFan View Post
I'm not trying to flame you, but wouldn't any team be in trouble if their starting goalie fails down the stretch? We'll also be in trouble if Jagr, Prucha, Avery, and Mara all get injured next game. Maybethat should be your next thread. Win or lose, I'm just looking forward to some good hockey after so many years of terrible play.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:35 PM
ExiledRangersFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by clmetsfan View Post
Thank you kindly sir.

ExiledRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:42 PM
NY Ranger86

theyll be fine.
however, the low scoring games are a problem AND (i wish i had exact stats on this) but how many games were they up by 2 or more and then lose it????

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 11:43 PM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Ranger86 View Post
theyll be fine.
however, the low scoring games are a problem AND (i wish i had exact stats on this) but how many games were they up by 2 or more and then lose it????
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Old
03-27-2007, 11:50 PM
tpb209

Has anyone ever noticed that g52 doesn't post unless something is wrong in rangerland. He never has anything positive to say unless it has to do with colton orr fighting someone.

tpb209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
I nominate this thread for worst of the year.

Im going to be Captain Obvious and say it was one game. Did you expect undefeated the rest of the way, jeeze stay off the bandwagon.

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:22 AM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartman27 View Post
I nominate this thread for worst of the year.

Im going to be Captain Obvious and say it was one game. Did you expect undefeated the rest of the way, jeeze stay off the bandwagon.
ye its been 1 game.. We've been 7-1-2 before this in the past 10 games. Losses come, its part of the game.

I think this lose came at a good time tho. There are 5 games left, and they have to take every game 1 game at a time. You can't blame the guys for maybe underestimating the MTL, we were riding a 5 game winning streak and felt cool in 6th place. Now its anthing but cool and this lose should wake em up... at least until they secure a spot

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 02:46 AM
The Thomas J.*

Only one home game left, right? We could have a prolbem.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:39 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
why we kind of suck at home

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:27 AM
RinkOnEStreet

Good teams find ways to win ugly hockey games, as we did the two games prior to last night.

Last night was an abberation. You can't win them all, and anybody that thought we were sweeping into the playoffs was being silly.

I'm not nearly as worried as all others on this board. Look at some of the other teams in the race.

Isles - Possibly without DP (I know he may be back on Saturday)
Canes - Got a much worse ass whooping than we did last night
Tampa Bay - Haven't looked really good in a lonnnnnng time

Count them up. That makes THREE teams that don't figure to be in the race for a spot. That leaves us in the group of three fighting for the three spots. I like our chances.

RinkOnEStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:45 AM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
It wasn't a bad game, it was one very bad period. They showed some character in the third and almost tied the game up. I'm not worried.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:47 AM
Hockey MD

Send a message via AIM to Hockey MD
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
Two home games left and we need to make them count. As for last nights game. Move on and come out strong against Philly, I would have liked the rangers to win the rest of the games this season, but I knew one of these games were just around the corner. The rest shuld do them some good.

Hockey MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:56 AM
towely

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExiledRangersFan View Post
one bad period does not qualify as a goalie failing down the stretch.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:59 AM
towely

and i will even go as far to say if renney kept henry in he would have rebounded from the 4 goals and maybe stopped the 2 extra goals from getting in and then it would have been decided in ot.

towely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_NYR View Post
Henrik had an off game. Who's to say it will continue. He is tired. He has a great rest for our weekend games and you should expect to see him as good as new.

I wouldn't worry

Every team has off games whether your the best or the worst.
Same here. We look more and more like NJD lately, which is not a bad thing... If that's the case, we should soundly beat Flyers Sat.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:42 AM
tronylon

Send a message via AIM to tronylon
Quote:
If the Rangers don't win any of their last five games they could miss the playoffs...and, no doubt, Henke is scarred by tonight's game.
If the Rangers don't win any of their last five games they WILL miss the playoffs.

tronylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 10:09 AM
clmetsfan

Quote:
If the Rangers don't win any of their last five games they could miss the playoffs...and, no doubt, Henke is scarred by tonight's game.
Yeah there's no doubt that a consummate professional like Henke, who has a resume that most 25-year olds can only dream about, will be scarred by one freaking bad period.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote