HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT New York Rangers @ Montreal Canadiens 3/27 7:30PM MSG

Old
03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
captain_kourageous

vCash: 500
I don't know why we boo Jagr every time he comes here. I guess it's a sign of respect but it's been like that for several years so maybe there's a reason why. Maybe when he was in Pittsburgh??

captain_kourageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:06 AM
Mackee

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_kourageous View Post
I don't know why we boo Jagr every time he comes here. I guess it's a sign of respect but it's been like that for several years so maybe there's a reason why. Maybe when he was in Pittsburgh??
It is out of respect and we've been booing him since his Penguin days. Same goes for anyone's star player.

Mackee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:27 AM
captain_kourageous

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
It is out of respect and we've been booing him since his Penguin days. Same goes for anyone's star player.
I don't agree with that. We didn't boo Sundin, we didn't boo Ovechkin so I think there's a story behind the Jagr booing but if he gets off his game because of that, i'm all for it.

captain_kourageous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:37 AM
Geogaddi

Alright...need an honest recap from someone...completely missed the game bc of work. not something like Rangers Suxors and trade everyone please!

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:44 AM
DevFan-RU-

Send a message via AIM to DevFan-RU-
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/photo?sl..._pm&prov=getty

Thought some of you here would like to see that image.

DevFan-RU- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:48 AM
Galchenyuk x 27

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzai12 View Post
Alright...need an honest recap from someone...completely missed the game bc of work. not something like Rangers Suxors and trade everyone please!
First period:

Rangers dominated from A to Z. Montreal took a couple of penalties which resulted in Nylander opening the score on a 5 on 3. Montreal looked out matched and as a Habs fan I thought it was over and we had no chance.

Second period:

Montreal came out absolutly flying. Their speed caused a Ranger penalty which resulted in AK27 getting the Habs on the board. Montreal fed off that and tied the game shortly after. They continued to put a tremendous amount of pressure on the blue shirts Dmen and the defence of the Rangers crumbled. The speed of Montreal also played a major role and after taking the lead 4-2, Renney pulled Henrik. Montreal scored a 5th goal in 15 minutes and finished the period up 5-2.

Third period:

New York came back strong and showed it early they wanted to get back in the game. they managed to score 2 quick goals that were both deflected and made a game out of it. they continued to press but Halak made key saves before Mark Streit scored a weak goal to give Montreal a 2 goal advantage. thats how it finished.

So basically..First period, All Rangers. 2nd period, ALL Montreal. 3rd period..started off well for rangers and ended up being pretty even.

Galchenyuk x 27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 02:04 AM
Geogaddi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaydee96 View Post
First period:

Rangers dominated from A to Z. Montreal took a couple of penalties which resulted in Nylander opening the score on a 5 on 3. Montreal looked out matched and as a Habs fan I thought it was over and we had no chance.

Second period:

Montreal came out absolutly flying. Their speed caused a Ranger penalty which resulted in AK27 getting the Habs on the board. Montreal fed off that and tied the game shortly after. They continued to put a tremendous amount of pressure on the blue shirts Dmen and the defence of the Rangers crumbled. The speed of Montreal also played a major role and after taking the lead 4-2, Renney pulled Henrik. Montreal scored a 5th goal in 15 minutes and finished the period up 5-2.

Third period:

New York came back strong and showed it early they wanted to get back in the game. they managed to score 2 quick goals that were both deflected and made a game out of it. they continued to press but Halak made key saves before Mark Streit scored a weak goal to give Montreal a 2 goal advantage. thats how it finished.

So basically..First period, All Rangers. 2nd period, ALL Montreal. 3rd period..started off well for rangers and ended up being pretty even.
Thanks alot Jay. Even thought the outcome wasnt the way I hoped for it to be, seems like it was still a great game to see. Thanks again for the Unbiased write up.

Geogaddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 07:20 AM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Ladies, calm down. Its a lost. At this time of the year you move on. Focus on the next game in Philly. If can win in Philly that would be 6 of 8 pts on the road and anyone of us will take that. All that matters is the next game and after that was is played it will be the Toronto game that matters. Even keel.

We had the tables turned on us. A bit of our own medicine, hard forecheck. Orr's penalty was ok. He was hustling trying to make a play. It was a penalty and so too was the extra swan dive that sucko koivou took.
Orr's penalty is not ok. At the end of his shift, his skating turns GOD AWFUL because he's spent after starting out a ****** skater. You would think he wouldn't be so thick headed to think he could make a play. But no, he ignores logic saying he can't keep up, and goes and takes a STUPID ASS penalty. He's done this before. And stays out there not making the proper changes.

Same thing with Jagr. *** is he thinking staying on the ice that one time when the bench was RIGHT there!!! Just get off, he looked like his legs were about to fall off.

Anthony Mauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:16 AM
schmieder44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Ragazzone View Post
Orr's penalty is not ok. At the end of his shift, his skating turns GOD AWFUL because he's spent after starting out a ****** skater. You would think he wouldn't be so thick headed to think he could make a play. But no, he ignores logic saying he can't keep up, and goes and takes a STUPID ASS penalty. He's done this before. And stays out there not making the proper changes.

Same thing with Jagr. *** is he thinking staying on the ice that one time when the bench was RIGHT there!!! Just get off, he looked like his legs were about to fall off.

What penalty in that situation is ever ok??? Its common for penalties to be called when the other team is cycling in the other teams zone for that long. Players get worn out and start grabbing and holding. Montreal was in their zone for over a mintue and they couldnt get the puck out. Players get caught in their own zone and they cant change. I dont get the big deal.

Jagr i know were your coming from he does over stay his shifts and that included being on the power play.

schmieder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:57 AM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

As a gift to the Mods I will refrain from reading the gameday thread.

Like Al Franken once said in 'Trading places': "There's enough drunks on this train already!"

Bluenote13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBlancRouge View Post
Out of respect? what the f?

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:49 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/photo?sl..._pm&prov=getty

Thought some of you here would like to see that image.

nice pic man, thanks.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPG View Post
Out of respect? what the f?
Any hugely identifiable/star player gets booed because the fans want to get him off his game...because we know how good that player is. So it's like an inverted show of respect, if you will

hototogisu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 10:01 AM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Philly's going to be out for blood

yea they are, I see that game setting us back too.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:38 PM
paintballruler*

Anyone see that Malik was on ice for 4 of the goals last night?

Title say's it all. I wish they would bench him. He takes the wrong guy almost all the time.

Why does tom renny keep him out there

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:50 PM
TheRedressor

Malik is awful we know. Deal with it, he is here for at least ANOTHER season

TheRedressor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:55 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedressor View Post
Malik is awful we know. Deal with it, he is here for at least ANOTHER season
I think there could be a market for him this summer. That said, I don't think the Rangers have any desire to trade him.

03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
That said, I don't think the Rangers have any desire to trade him.
I will never ever understand Renneys obsession with Malik. At least with his infatuation with Hossa he didnt have him playing 20 minutes a night in key situations. How is he unable to see all the glaring weaknesses in his game that are so obvious to everyone else? And its not just that hes a 6'6" pansy, he has issues with the littlest things too. He backs up behind the blueline farther than any defenseman I've ever seen, and he never extends his stick (even though he has a monster reach) to disrupt a players puckhandling or deflect a pass. Who the hell taught this guy the basics of playing defense?

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
RangersAM99

We should put a parking cone in front of henrik. The cone would block more shots than marik, hate to say it

RangersAM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Any hugely identifiable/star player gets booed because the fans want to get him off his game...because we know how good that player is. So it's like an inverted show of respect, if you will
Except when we boo Lindros and Yashin. Those aren't boos out of respect.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Fish on The Sand
Untouchable

I'd like to say I really enjoyed your commentating duo on msg. They were very ubiased, and quite insightful. A real treat to listen to. That being said, Stan Fischler is just a big homer with no business in front of a camera.

Fish on The Sand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:58 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Hey guys I am on the train back to PA (came from the Montreal game)

Only got 2 hours left.

Anywho leave this game behind us.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:59 PM
EJS280

Oh well we had to lose sometime. After the 1st i thought we had it in the bag but montreal played ridiculous in the 2nd, nothing Henrik could really do about any of the goals. I gotta say, although during the game listening to the montreal crowd made me hate the canadiens so much, with the olay chant and all that, but i really wish the garden could be more like that. I have to respect how awesome their crowd is throughout the whole game. At the start I thought i was listening to a college basketball game with the whole noise thing when we had the puck. Anyways, I still think were playing good, just got beat by some speed and all the momentum Motreal had in the 2nd.

EJS280 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 07:21 PM
chosen

Girardi -2
Strudwick -1
Malik E

No Girardi bashing?

chosen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 07:37 PM