HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT: Oilers @ Predators - 3.27.07

Old
03-28-2007, 12:47 AM
braindead

vCash: 500
I think you could make a case for that being the key play of the game.........and it was an absolutely sick pass.

braindead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:52 AM
tulsytrid1

I agree. If we don't get that early score back, the game could have had a different outcome. Vokoun couldn't stop a vollyball there for a few minutes; however, he did recover and make some really great saves. I hope he works these bugs out in the next few games.

tulsytrid1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:12 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Wasn't able to see the game but saw the scoresheet there were a few fights, what happened?

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:45 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmade View Post
Wasn't able to see the game but saw the scoresheet there were a few fights, what happened?
Abid and Hordichuk doing there job and getting Jason Smith (the Oilers #1 shot blocker/heart & soul player) out of the game for 22 minutes

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:42 AM
sparkle twin
Real Deal

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Was Hordichuk's jersey actually tied down or not? All I could tell was Hordi was arguing his case and no one was listening.

Definitely a different Edmonton team in Nashville than the one that was in Edmonton. They worked much harder and had a much better effort here.

Game was much closer than it should have been. But great to get the 2 points.

5 games left, Weber has 17 goals. He should easily hit the 20g mark!

Some nice passing. The whole crowd was oohing when Forsberg made a play at the blueline to keep the puck in the zone, while on his stomach after falling, then got up and got the puck back and made a pass around an Oiler player to Radulov. The place would have exploded if Radu had actually scored there.

sparkle twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:44 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by spank303 View Post
Was Hordichuk's jersey actually tied down or not? All I could tell was Hordi was arguing his case and no one was listening.
Yes, from the multiple replays shown on FSN South (including an angle from that corner) Darcy did in fact have his tie-down secured and it only came off after Smith was yanking on the jersey and it even looked like he grabbed the tie-down in an effort to wrestle Hordichuk to the ice.

The sad, sad part about this is that Van Massenhoven (#21) was the referee standing right there in the corner along with one of the linesmen and it was evident for several seconds that the tie-down was secured and was stretching because it was secured before popping off. Van Massenhoven was the referee who called the penalty and was so adamant about his explaination to both Kariya and Trotz/Horachek.

Part of what I found interesting was that Van Massenhoven explained to Trotz/Horachek that he saw that Darcy had a string near the tie-down and I'm sure he thought that Darcy had the string attaching the tie-down instead of the strap so that the jersey would come off easier (to gain an advantage while fighting). The string was there however to secure the wire for the microphone that Hordichuk was wearing last night for FSN South. Way to promote the league there, eh? And as Crispy said on the broadcast he's never read in the rulebook where it says you can't have a string tying something down underneath your jersey.

Think about it...would Darcy Hordichuk of all people not have his tie-down secured? Maybe Paul Kariya or Steve Sullivan, but Hordichuk? This was a totally blown call by the refs last night and the game misconduct will be reviewed by the league and I'm confident that they will overturn it.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:48 AM
RollingPredFan

We win easily if Vokoun stops what he should have. It seems like he loses his concentration at times Maybe he needs to stay in his happy place LOL.. I kinda hope we start Mason against the Wings

RollingPredFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:17 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
[QUOTE=RollingPredFan;8676484]We win easily if Vokoun stops what he should have. It seems like he loses his concentration at times Maybe he needs to stay in his happy place /QUOTE]

like his little blue car from Franklin Motors?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnlikestars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollingPredFan View Post
We win easily if Vokoun stops what he should have. It seems like he loses his concentration at times Maybe he needs to stay in his happy place /QUOTE]
like his little blue car from Franklin Motors?
lol

Tire rotation, yes!

Jarnberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 09:32 AM
Jarnberg

How about Shea Weber. His numbers are awesome: 17 goals, 23 assists for 40 points.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 03-28-2007 at 10:21 AM.
Old
03-28-2007, 09:46 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
How about Shea Weber. His numbers are awesome: 14 goals, 23 assists for 40 points.
I think you mean...17 goals and 23 assists for 40 points. Shea also has the most even-strength goals among defensemen in the NHL.

Old
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
lol

Tire rotation, yes!

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 10:20 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I think you mean...17 goals and 23 assists for 40 points. Shea also has the most even-strength goals among defensemen in the NHL.
Oops, yep, I meant to put that.

Old
03-28-2007, 10:24 AM
Jarnberg

I'll take the Blue Car Tire Rotation with Crappy Graphic with Czech Speaking Redneck and Mr. "Thomas" Vokoun over the This is Camping and this is camping and this is camping Commercial which looks like it was filmed with a Camera from 1991.

Old
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Hazeltherabbit

This is camping:

And this is camping:

And this is camping:

And this is camping:

Old
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
vopatsrash

There are probably 200 middle/high school kids in Nashville with the equipment and ability to make a better looking commercial than the campers corner commercial, however, for comedic purposes we all need to hope that the owner of CC doesn't figure that out.

My all time favorite is still Scott Hartnell's "I may be young <change cue card>, but I'm not stupid."

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 11:05 AM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
is this camping?

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher View Post
Yes.

LETS GO CAMPING!

Old
03-28-2007, 11:25 AM
vopatsrash

I used to think we had the best bad commercials until I saw a CBJ game on center ice and was treated to the commercial for the dating site for farmers. That surpassed the “I can’t believe I just saw that” moment of the first viewing of the Campers Corner commercial.

And the car dealership commercial where it’s a fake talk show with one of the CBJ announcers interviewing a deer in the headlights Rick Nash is definitely on par with Vokoun in terms of bad acting, though I doubt anything could top the bizarre low budget quality of Vokoun’s Franklin Motors commercial.

vopatsrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 11:43 AM
jstreet
Smashville

vCash: 4050
you guys have me busting a gut

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM
irisheyes555

maybe he was thinking about getting another hit for his yearly total.

irisheyes555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:58 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by irisheyes555 View Post
maybe he was thinking about getting another hit for his yearly total.

Vokoun did not get credit for that hit

but he did get credited with 3 BAD 5 hole goals

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 06:43 PM
Pred303

one play last night with vishnevski that i want to mention.. it was either an awful play or a brilliant one, and i have no clue which of the two it was.

vish has the puck in the defensive zone looking for an outlet pass, under a little pressure, not much but with a guy skating hard toward him.. edmonton in the middle of changing her forwards up.. vish looks up and either sees or doesn't see the change going on.. and passes the puck squarely to one of the oil forwards coming off the bench on the change.. the guy plays the puck and *tweet* the whistle sounds, calling the oil for too many men on the ice... which it plainly was, because the other guy wasn't near off the ice yet..

like i say, either vishnevski saw this, and made the hard pass right to the guy, knowing it would put them in a too many men call, or he simply never saw the new guy coming on and made a terrible outlet pass and got lucky. this could have been one of the most head's up plays i've seen this year (dangerous because even if you see it, it might not be called).. or it might have been blind dumb luck..i simply have no idea

i left the game still thinking about it and wondering to myself... one of the little things you can never really know...

Pred303 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pred303 View Post
one play last night with vishnevski that i want to mention.. it was either an awful play or a brilliant one, and i have no clue which of the two it was.

vish has the puck in the defensive zone looking for an outlet pass, under a little pressure, not much but with a guy skating hard toward him.. edmonton in the middle of changing her forwards up.. vish looks up and either sees or doesn't see the change going on.. and passes the puck squarely to one of the oil forwards coming off the bench on the change.. the guy plays the puck and *tweet* the whistle sounds, calling the oil for too many men on the ice... which it plainly was, because the other guy wasn't near off the ice yet..

like i say, either vishnevski saw this, and made the hard pass right to the guy, knowing it would put them in a too many men call, or he simply never saw the new guy coming on and made a terrible outlet pass and got lucky. this could have been one of the most head's up plays i've seen this year (dangerous because even if you see it, it might not be called).. or it might have been blind dumb luck..i simply have no idea

i left the game still thinking about it and wondering to myself... one of the little things you can never really know...
I too immediately thought about that, but from the angle of the pass and the strength of the pass I'm as positive as I'm going to get about it that it was intentional.

From where I sit up in 332, I could see the angle of the pass and where the closest Predator was to the pass and either Vish totally shanked the pass (in which case it wouldn't have come off his stick as hard as it did) or he was truly passing to the Oilers knowing that they had a sloppy line change going on and either one of the Oilers would play the puck (as they did), it would hit one of them and hopefully draw the penalty, or they would let it go in which case it would have riccoheted off the boards into an area where two Predators were skating towards coming out of the OZ on the regroup.

I totally think that that was an intentional veteran play. I thought that the minute it happened and I went back and watched that and the Hordichuk strap incident multiple times last night and the replays only reinforced my initial reactions.

Old
03-28-2007, 09:59 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Pete and Terry seemed to think it was intentional, but sometimes they're a little loopy.

Watching it, he was looking right at the guy he shot it at, so I'm guessing he meant to do it.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote