HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Strudwick

Old
03-28-2007, 12:28 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
yea I know, which another reason it was a dumb move. Maybe Lampman will get called up soon, or Degon will get signed???
I don't really want three "kids" in the lineup coming down the stretch (in which every game is basically a playoff game). I know that Lampman is not a kid but he does not have a whole lot of NHL experience and Degon has none. It's not the time for him to get some.

03-28-2007, 12:30 PM
mattyd99

The injuries to Baranka and Taylor are more the reason they sent Liffiton back down and got Strudwick. Both teams just got real unlucky with injuries here at the end of the season.

mattyd99 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:08 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I don't really want three "kids" in the lineup coming down the stretch (in which every game is basically a playoff game). I know that Lampman is not a kid but he does not have a whole lot of NHL experience and Degon has none. It's not the time for him to get some.
But Girardi did not have NHL experience before we called him up, and he took advantage of his chance and made the most of it. Maybe a player like Lampman or Degon (must sign NHL contract) would do the same.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:14 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
But Girardi did not have NHL experience before we called him up, and he took advantage of his chance and made the most of it. Maybe a player like Lampman or Degon (must sign NHL contract) would do the same.
Different time and different place.

Girardi stepped into a d-corp that was full of experienced guys (only Tyutin was really young). And when Girardi was recalled the team was not in a playoff push with 6 games left.

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 03:30 PM
SML

I'm sorry, but I have always disliked Strudwick and said so when he was here last season, and even moreso when he was brought back. Leadership??? Can someone explain to me how exactly a guy provides "leadership" when he's the worst player on the ice? What the **** is he leading? Who exactly is supposed to follow this shining example? Save all that "he provides leadership" crap. I'd rather have a selfish SOB who can get the job done than a pylon who gives great "win one for the gipper" speeches and sucks when he's on the ice any day of the week. The guy is terrible, but if we had any other option at all, we'd have taken it. Leadership...

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:19 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Jazz View Post
You'd rather see a kid struggle? Why?
You are presuming that a kid would struggle. I think that a safer assumption is that a kid could not possbily do worse than a guy whom no one in the NHL wanted to even sign to an AHL contract.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:21 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
I hear you on this front, Singin'. And if it was anyone but the party in question, I would probably agree. But I would have to think that someone from Hartford could not do worse.

Not that it matters. Strudwick's short time as a Ranger this year is about to come to an end. He is the first one out of the lineup when Toots comes back, and will become regulated to the status of the 8th defenseman when Rachunek comes back.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:53 AM
Ola

Its too bad Lampman, Baranka and Co always are injured when they would have gotten a opertunity in NY.

Lampman is just comming back from a pretty serious injury, I am always impressed with his poise in HFD.

When we signed Struds, Liffiton was pretty much our only option, and I would rank Dave behind Baranka, Lampman and even Potter at this point, and having him as a close tie with both Taylor and Pikkarainen...

Lampman is a kid who actually got allot of experience now, on his 5th pro season. Though, the injurys are really getting to him. I heard a interview with him last night and he where pretty ironic, he have had some tremendous bad luck. He is a playing D, and needs a few weeks to settle in in the NHL, and I can fully understand that Renney aren't prepaired to give him that now.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote