HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers Season Ticket Holders - Part II

Old
06-21-2014, 12:15 PM
broadwayblue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fansince1992 View Post
That's still better than what I was paying last season. I was paying almost double. Are you a full or half plan holder?
Full. Also need to remember that after a 3 year hiatus we once again have the privilege of paying for pre-season games. So assuming nobody wants to buy my tickets to those 3 dates that adds ~$6 to my $86 subscriber price...so my effective "face" is $92/ticket. Basically I'll market my low demand games at $100 to cover my cost (after paypal fees.)

broadwayblue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 12:34 PM
Fansince1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Full. Also need to remember that after a 3 year hiatus we once again have the privilege of paying for pre-season games. So assuming nobody wants to buy my tickets to those 3 dates that adds ~$6 to my $86 subscriber price...so my effective "face" is $92/ticket. Basically I'll market my low demand games at $100 to cover my cost (after paypal fees.)
I'm contemplating doing the full season however I'm reluctant to do so because I'm afraid I'll become my own part time rep in trying to sell my unwanted games just to make back face value. How well do you do with selling those games at $100 a seat?

Fansince1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 01:01 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
I'm contemplating doing the full season however I'm reluctant to do so because I'm afraid I'll become my own part time rep in trying to sell my unwanted games just to make back face value. How well do you do with selling those games at $100 a seat?
On the season I think that most people in the upper bowl (above Row 1) are generally successful in at least breaking even. Sure, you might eat a game here or there, or need to move a few pairs for less than face...but for every one of those there is at least a couple games you can move for $20 over face...and then there are the premium games like opening night, last year's Vancouver game with Torts coming back to MSG over Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas/New Years games and marquee divisional match-ups that you can move from 50% to 250% over face. Obviously your individual situation will depend on a number of factors...where in a particular price point your seats are located (last row of the $78 price point is harder to mark up when the row behind you goes for $56, etc.), whether you have an aisle, which side of the rink your seats are on (8th ave is more desirable for most than 7th), how much time you put into advertising them, etc. Personally I have not had an issue going to the games I want and making a profit on the rest in recent years.

And a long playoff run is a huge $$$$ bonus. You can sell a game to pay for the rest of the games in a round...and when you get to the ECF or SCF still have a nice bit of cash left over.

Old
06-21-2014, 04:01 PM
Nash Money

I think we may be ready for a 2014-2015 individual tickets for sale thread. Bot, that was quick. Between the lockout, then Olympic uncertainty, and this year's playoff run, it has really made the turnaround feel infinitesimal.

Nash Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Fansince1992

[QUOTE=broadwayblue;86750277]On the season I think that most people in the upper bowl (above Row 1) are generally successful in at least breaking even. Sure, you might eat a game here or there, or need to move a few pairs for less than face...but for every one of those there is at least a couple games you can move for $20 over face...and then there are the premium games like opening night, last year's Vancouver game with Torts coming back to MSG over Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas/New Years games and marquee divisional match-ups that you can move from 50% to 250% over face. Obviously your individual situation will depend on a number of factors...where in a particular price point your seats are located (last row of the $78 price point is harder to mark up when the row behind you goes for $56, etc.), whether you have an aisle, which side of the rink your seats are on (8th ave is more desirable for most than 7th), how much time you put into advertising them, etc. Personally I have not had an issue going to the games I want and making a profit on the rest in recent years.

And a long playoff run is a huge $$$$ bonus. You can sell a game to pay for the rest of the games in a round...and when you get to the ECF or SCF still have a nice bit of cash

Seems like you don't really have too much of an issue selling tickets next season then thanks to the deep playoff run. Full does seem more appealing than half. Thanks for your suggestions.

Fansince1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-21-2014, 06:28 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
I think we may be ready for a 2014-2015 individual tickets for sale thread. Bot, that was quick. Between the lockout, then Olympic uncertainty, and this year's playoff run, it has really made the turnaround feel infinitesimal.
I'll be ready to post it as soon as the schedule is out!

Old
06-21-2014, 06:30 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Seems like you don't really have too much of an issue selling tickets next season then thanks to the deep playoff run. Full does seem more appealing than half. Thanks for your suggestions.
I agree, shouldn't be a problem selling tickets for next season. Traditionally I've found the hardest games to move have been those early in the season. Hopefully with the deep run there will be more interest earlier this time around.

Old
06-23-2014, 08:32 AM
Nash Money

My refund for Game 6 was posted today.

Old
06-23-2014, 08:34 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

vCash: 50
really wish the relocation process was done by now

GordonGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 08:38 AM
Nash Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
really wish the relocation process was done by now
Same. Now that the schedule is out, it'd be nice figure some things out. Tough to do when you're not sure where your seats are.

Anyone have any updates on when the relocation process will occur?

Old
06-23-2014, 09:59 AM
dstoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjnyc View Post
Hopeully we'll only have 3 preseason games next season, which is 6.8% of the bill. But at least its not the NFL where 20% of what you pay is preseason tickets.

But at the end of the day, teams price things however they want. Would you rather they just incorporated the price of preseason into the price of your regular season tickets and gave you the preseason "for free"? I'm not sure it makes much of a difference to me, but at least you can donate preseason tickets and get the full charitable deduction this way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I had suggested this to my rep. Gave a scenario where they want to charge $60 per ticket. So, for the season that would be $2640. (60x44). For the 41 regular season games, set the "face-value" at $63 for a total of $2583. That leaves $57 for the pre-season, so set the face value of the pre-season at $19 each (57/3). Total comes to $2640. We had a back and forth, said she never heard of the idea, but would bring it up. Would require someone to actually do the work to see how to break it down, so I doubt it is ever done. I even offered to do the arithmetic for them for every price point.
While this seems great for the season ticket holder, and doesn't seem to impact the home team, what about the road team?

Does a road team get a percentage of the gate? And if the pre-season games are a forced buy at a ridiculously low price, how does that impact the percentage of the gate for the road team?

Just a thought....

Cheers!
-Doug

dstoffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:17 AM
patnyrnyg

Don't think the road team gets a piece of the gate in the NHL. We already have teams using tiered pricing. Look at the Isles. The face for the Rangers games are sometimes double other games.

patnyrnyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:21 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Don't think the road team gets a piece of the gate in the NHL. We already have teams using tiered pricing. Look at the Isles. The face for the Rangers games are sometimes double other games.
Not to mention many teams actually charge their season subscribers quite a bit less than "face." Pretty sure my co-worker's Devils tickets say $80 something but he only pays $50 or so.

Old
06-23-2014, 10:30 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Not to mention many teams actually charge their season subscribers quite a bit less than "face." Pretty sure my co-worker's Devils tickets say $80 something but he only pays $50 or so.
That is true. I know someone who had Devils seasons the first few years in the new building. He paid something around $30-35 each for ~$48 tickets.

Old
06-23-2014, 10:33 AM
McD27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash Money View Post
Same. Now that the schedule is out, it'd be nice figure some things out. Tough to do when you're not sure where your seats are.

Anyone have any updates on when the relocation process will occur?
Later this week (spoke to my Rep this morning)

McD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 10:53 AM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by McD27 View Post
Later this week (spoke to my Rep this morning)
I'm waiting for the fan fest date announcement. Last year they had it in 2011 they sent out save the dates on 6/14

Old
06-23-2014, 11:06 AM
patnyrnyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
I'm waiting for the fan fest date announcement. Last year they had it in 2011 they sent out save the dates on 6/14
I have never gone to the fanfest. Have never even considered going. Is it worth the trip? Keep in mind, I am 38 and my daughter is almost 9 months so obviously she is way too young for well, pretty much anything. Is it geared for kids?

Old
06-23-2014, 12:16 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Quote:
I have never gone to the fanfest. Have never even considered going. Is it worth the trip? Keep in mind, I am 38 and my daughter is almost 9 months so obviously she is way too young for well, pretty much anything. Is it geared for kids?
Definitely geared for kids but there's stuff for adults like autographs with alumns, skating on the training rink, pick up street hockey with guys like Ron Duguay

Old
06-23-2014, 12:32 PM
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015

Relocation appointment times just posted via email

Old
06-23-2014, 12:34 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Just got my time -- Thursday 3PM

21 year season ticket holder

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:34 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
yup, i go at 9am next monday. my 9th season coming up this year. hard to believe its been that many seasons already.

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
patnyrnyg

9am friday. sth since 98.

Old
06-23-2014, 12:37 PM
17futurecap

Going on season 7, 11 A.M. Monday.

17futurecap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-23-2014, 12:38 PM
Nash Money

2pm Tuesday (7/1). Going into my 2nd year, so I imagine I'm the last of the bunch.

Biggest bummer is that my window is so small. Hope I'm not busy that day.

Old
06-23-2014, 12:43 PM
niinah

Season 3 here, 11AM on Tuesday
Not imagining there will be many options left at that point

niinah is offline   Reply With Quote