HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

Colorado @ St. Louis

Closed Thread

Old
02-12-2004, 07:17 PM
fcbarcelona

vCash: 500
Colorado @ St. Louis

Talk away!

Old
02-12-2004, 10:15 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Thank you from a Nashville fan...heh

Old
02-12-2004, 11:59 PM
DarioinDenver

Looks like special teams rebounded extremely well. Avs skated hard for 2 2/3rd periods. Forsberg looked like himself for the first time in three games. Always good to get a 5-0 wi...er, 4-0.

Old
02-13-2004, 01:42 AM
Foppa2118

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarioinDenver
Looks like special teams rebounded extremely well. Avs skated hard for 2 2/3rd periods. Forsberg looked like himself for the first time in three games. Always good to get a 5-0 wi...er, 4-0.
I agree, but I would say he hasn't looked like himself for about four or five games. Without him in the lineup this game would have been a lot different, and Abby would have had to be even better than he was, because I think Peter's play really sparked the rest of the guys. I'm just happy to see Pete get his game back just in time for the Wings. He didn't have such a great game the last time, hopefully he will this time.

Old
02-13-2004, 09:43 AM
Gumballhead

At this point I would like to see Pierre McGuire address and revisit his comments the other night about a goaltending controversy in Colorado.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:04 AM
Sakic19

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarOutCrops
At this point I would like to see Pierre McGuire address and revisit his comments the other night about a goaltending controversy in Colorado.
He actually thinks there is one? Please give the details. He's such a tool.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakic19
He actually thinks there is one? Please give the details. He's such a tool.
During the TSN broadcast the other night he started talking about how there could be a goaltender controversy brewing. He didn't expound on the point too much, which is good because it's baseless, but I think he cooked it up because Sauve started the first game after the break, coming off his Young Stars MVP, and playing well.

I swear, I've seen McGuire do about 5 games and I already can't stand him.

Old
02-13-2004, 10:42 AM
Sakic19

Quote:
During the TSN broadcast the other night he started talking about how there could be a goaltender controversy brewing. He didn't expound on the point too much, which is good because it's baseless, but I think he cooked it up because Sauve started the first game after the break, coming off his Young Stars MVP, and playing well.

I swear, I've seen McGuire do about 5 games and I already can't stand him.
He was also the ringleader in the "Colorado doesn't have any goaltending after Roy" media scrum in the beginning of the year. Like I said, what a tool.

Old
02-14-2004, 01:03 AM
Laperriere22*

A trait of Konowalchuk's that is really beginning to bother me is that he carries his stick higher than just about anyone I watch regularly (yes, even Tkachuk) and he doesn't let up much on hits from behind. Konowalchuk has always played on the edge anyway, but I guess I just forgot about it as I haven't watched him much the past couple of seasons due to his constant injuries. He does everything else I like to see in a hockey player, but the careless high sticks and the hard hits from behind are things I loathe.

Old
02-14-2004, 01:55 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

My highlight was Clement making Melrose feel stupid and alone on the issue of the Avs goaltending. Clement agreed (with most of us) that Aebischer might need a solid vet backup on the downstretch. Melrose felt that such a move would shatter Abby's confidence.

"It'd be like saying, we think you're good enough, but not really." -- HUH?

Shaddap Melrose.

Old
02-14-2004, 02:26 AM
fcbarcelona

i agree with melrose in taht regardc. abby needs a vetyerna backyup who isn't that threatening to his jobn. just my opinion tho.

Old
02-14-2004, 03:04 AM
Ensane
EL GUAPO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
i agree with melrose in taht regardc. abby needs a vetyerna backyup who isn't that threatening to his jobn. just my opinion tho.
Then you're disagreeing with Melrose.

Old
02-14-2004, 08:48 AM
fcbarcelona

ha ha ha. actually ensane, i agree with both guys. the avs could use a veteran but one who is nonthreatening (i.e. has a career of being a backup guy) and has some great leadership qualities. honestly, in a long playoff drive the avs anticipate on having, aebi will need some additional support from someone, preferably a goalie, to help him get through the tough times. fortunately, patty has said once aebi does need help, he'll give him a call. however, i don't believe PL will get another goalie as aebi has proven to many that he has great mental fortitude and some leadership qualities himself. besides, you wouldn't want to disappoint sauve either since he could be our goalie of the future. as well, the avs do already have plenty of leaders as is.

Old
02-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ensane
My highlight was Clement making Melrose feel stupid and alone on the issue of the Avs goaltending. Clement agreed (with most of us) that Aebischer might need a solid vet backup on the downstretch. Melrose felt that such a move would shatter Abby's confidence.

"It'd be like saying, we think you're good enough, but not really." -- HUH?

Shaddap Melrose.
Melrose did have a point, although I'm not sure I nessecarily agree with it. It would be saying that they think there is a chance that Abby might not be able to handle it. Although I think Abby is probably tough enough mentally, and can see the logic behind it enough, for it not to phase him, but you never know.

Old
02-14-2004, 09:41 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
I would like to see TSN address, and revisit their decision to hire that idiot. He is the ultimate self-righteous know it all, and I hate that atribute in people.

Old
02-15-2004, 05:29 PM
Gumballhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118
I would like to see TSN address, and revisit their decision to hire that idiot. He is the ultimate self-righteous know it all, and I hate that atribute in people.
This will be my last post on him, at least until he drives me nuts when he does the Oliers-Avs game Wednesday. Today I was watching the Oilers-Preds game on TSN, and when there was a high sticking call where the Nashville fans booed, his insightful commentary was, "They can boo all they want, that was a penalty.", then went on to defend the call a little more. I got the sense that the booing bothered him, and as a neutral announcer it shouldn't - of course fans are going to boo when penalties are called against their team, especially when the ref waits a bit to call it. I got the sense he was rooting for Edmonton.

Old
02-15-2004, 09:14 PM
Laperriere22*

Quote:
This will be my last post on him, at least until he drives me nuts when he does the Oliers-Avs game Wednesday. Today I was watching the Oilers-Preds game on TSN, and when there was a high sticking call where the Nashville fans booed, his insightful commentary was, "They can boo all they want, that was a penalty.", then went on to defend the call a little more. I got the sense that the booing bothered him, and as a neutral announcer it shouldn't - of course fans are going to boo when penalties are called against their team, especially when the ref waits a bit to call it. I got the sense he was rooting for Edmonton.
What bothered me more in that Oilers-Preds game is when they cut away to show the Devils tying the game up and he launches into a tirade about Cechmanek; this in a game he wasn't even watching. He essentially went out of his way to blame Cechmanek for giving up the lead today when in all honesty, Cechmanek had pretty strong game for his Kings and he hadn't been watching any of it. Very foolish to make such strong comments on a player in a game he wasn't watching.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:29 PM
fcbarcelona

McGuire does critique the avs and often says Colorado's goaltending and defense isn't good enough and is overrated. He does love Forsberg though.

Closed Thread