HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whatīs your opinion about Forsberg?

View Poll Results: What do think of Forsberg during his time in Nashville
Iīm dissapointed.... 41 28.08%
Iīm pleased.. 63 43.15%
Iīm thrilled! 42 28.77%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old
03-26-2007, 02:45 PM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids View Post
It's especially impressive considering he didn't score in his first couple of games, and has been playing with random linemates. He's on fire, lately.
Yup, Forsberg has 11 points in his last 8 games. He's scored multiple points in four of those 8 games.

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:07 AM
Hazeltherabbit

12 points in 12 games...

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 10:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazeltherabbit View Post
12 points in 12 games...
yeah ... what a failure & flop

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:44 PM
DrCrane

From what I've seen of late you can tell that he and his teammates are starting to find each other more and more out there. The way they set up plays and the movement are improving at a steady rate. And it will only get better and better.

DrCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Nordic*

I wish heīd play the same physical style of hockey, that he did during his prime. That was the main thing that set him apart from everyone else..

Nordic* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 01:25 PM
frozenrubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilros View Post
I wish heīd play the same physical style of hockey, that he did during his prime. That was the main thing that set him apart from everyone else..
Just wait for it...he'll stop a puck with his testicals during a game that matters.

While much is said overblowing his significance (just as much as people harp on his injuries), of all players in all the major sports, he is just one of those special athletes that has an extra gear when it's all on the line.

Right now, complaining about Peter Forsberg's regular season play is like complaining about Muhammad Ali's haircut...who gives a ****?

frozenrubber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 08:45 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
Quote:
I don't know if you saw the game lastnight but he is starting to crank up the physical side of his game.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang View Post
I don't know if you saw the game lastnight but he is starting to crank up the physical side of his game.
Really? Something special happend, or just a plain hit?

Old
03-29-2007, 01:33 PM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
Really? Something special happend, or just a plain hit?
he's been laying big hits since he got here.

I think, at this point, you're reaching as hard as you can for reasons to tear him down. Is he the same player he once was? Maybe not, but he's a lot closer to what he used to be than Bertuzzi is...so what can you do. You said he wasn't putting up points, now he's PPG, and red-hot as of late. You say he's not physical...he's taking and receiving big hits. You say he has no chemistry with his linemates...all of a sudden, Radulov is on fire, with Forsberg setting him up.

I wish I could recast my vote, because since then, my vote(and likely a lot of others) would go from "pleased" to "thrilled"

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 01:40 PM
Hazeltherabbit

Quote:

I think, at this point, you're reaching as hard as you can for reasons to tear him down. Is he the same player he once was? Maybe not, but he's a lot closer to what he used to be than Bertuzzi is...so what can you do. You said he wasn't putting up points, now he's PPG, and red-hot as of late. You say he's not physical...he's taking and receiving big hits. You say he has no chemistry with his linemates...all of a sudden, Radulov is on fire, with Forsberg setting him up.

I wish I could recast my vote, because since then, my vote(and likely a lot of others) would go from "pleased" to "thrilled"
Mine too.

Hazeltherabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Joe T Choker
Las Vegas Black Aces

hahaha ... the answers are giving the desired result in the form of a one finger salute to the person that made this poll

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:44 AM
Nordic*

Quote:

I guess you didnīt watch him alot ín Colorado?

Ofcourse heīs not the player he once was, itīs pretty obvious, heīs not even close.

What does Bertuzzi have to do with anything?

In Avalanche he went out on odd shifts where he didnīt even want the puck, he only ran around like a madman leveling people and stirring **** up. More often than not it ended up in a PP for Colorado due to players taking out vengence, or his teammates scoring caused by the opponents focusing on Forsberg instead of the game.

That was Forsberg during his glory days.

Iīd love to see him step it up in the playoffs once again, but Iīm sceptical to say the least.

Old
03-31-2007, 06:12 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
I guess you didnīt watch him alot ín Colorado?

Ofcourse heīs not the player he once was, itīs pretty obvious, heīs not even close.

What does Bertuzzi have to do with anything?

In Avalanche he went out on odd shifts where he didnīt even want the puck, he only ran around like a madman leveling people and stirring **** up. More often than not it ended up in a PP for Colorado due to players taking out vengence, or his teammates scoring caused by the opponents focusing on Forsberg instead of the game.

That was Forsberg during his glory days.

Iīd love to see him step it up in the playoffs once again, but Iīm sceptical to say the least.
Forsberg in the playoffs is the least of my concerns. What has he done in recent playoffs to make you think hes not capable this year honestly?

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 06:29 AM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Forsberg in the playoffs is the least of my concerns. What has he done in recent playoffs to make you think hes not capable this year honestly?
Why argue with the guy? Let's just join hands, and state that Forsberg is the worst sob in this league, and should have retired 5 min ago...

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 08:46 AM
DrCrane

Bilros, you're like a broken record. Same old, same old.

As far as I'm concerned he's played a smart game since he came to Nashville, why go out and hit like a madman with the season he's had so far and with the team Predators have right now? In Philly he had to carry the team on his shoulders, or his sore ankle if you like. And still most of the times he was the guy who went in with a crushing hit so Flyers would wake up. I guess you didn't saw enough Flyers games.

You don't think he still can play the physical game anymore? Against Oilers the other night he almost rammed a guy at center-ice but the Oiler dude got away at the last second. So before you post your tripe, try watch a game will ya.

Even if most of us agree with you that he's not at the level he was for the Avs he's certainly not as bad as you claim he is and those who watch the games knows that. But nice try.

Last edited by DrCrane: 03-31-2007 at 09:42 AM.
Old
03-31-2007, 09:29 AM
The Kingslayer

Forsberg is playing well with Radulov of late I hope that line sticks minus Smithson, Fiddler.

Old
03-31-2007, 09:30 AM
The Kingslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nacho View Post
Why argue with the guy? Let's just join hands, and state that Forsberg is the worst sob in this league, and should have retired 5 min ago...
its gotten worse im afraid...bilros would rather have Thornton over Forsberg in the playoffs.

Old
03-31-2007, 12:35 PM
Nordic*

Quote:
He shouldīve retired 2 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCrane View Post
Bilros, you're like a broken record. Same old, same old.

As far as I'm concerned he's played a smart game since he came to Nashville, why go out and hit like a madman with the season he's had so far and with the team Predators have right now? In Philly he had to carry the team on his shoulders, or his sore ankle if you like. And still most of the times he was the guy who went in with a crushing hit so Flyers would wake up. I guess you didn't saw enough Flyers games.

You don't think he still can play the physical game anymore? Against Oilers the other night he almost rammed a guy at center-ice but the Oiler dude got away at the last second. So before you post your tripe, try watch a game will ya.

Even if most of us agree with you that he's not at the level he was for the Avs he's certainly not as bad as you claim he is and those who watch the games knows that. But nice try.
He almost hit a guy, and that means heīs playing physical?

Ok..

Old
03-31-2007, 12:48 PM
DrCrane

Quote:
He almost hit a guy, and that means heīs playing physical?

Ok..
Laughable.

Edit: He hited the guy, but the impact could've been a lot worse. You really should watch some games before you post this stuff. Seriously.

Last edited by DrCrane: 03-31-2007 at 02:10 PM.
Old
03-31-2007, 02:54 PM
Nacho
Special

Quote:
He shouldīve retired 2 years ago.
I agree.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-Ye7ncjzD0

Nacho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
Quote:
What a hack

Basher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:52 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
When you have to break one of your feet right off in order to play further on, itīs a clear sign that itīs time to call it quits.

And despite him doing okey his first year in Philly, he was a whole other player in Colorado. The injuries, not so much the age, has taken a toll on his performances.

I honestly feel sorry for the guy, heīs had the worst luck..

But at this point itīs almost about self preservation, how will his body feel in his 50:s? He shouldīve gone out on top, not like this..

The only way he could save this is if he leads his team to a SC, but thatīs doubtful when you look at Nashvilles performances since he joined the team...

You might find this hard to believe, but heīs actually my favourite player of all time. When I get on his case, itīs due to dissapointment, no hatred or whatever you people might believe.

I would LOVE to see him go out on top, and seeing the old Foppa once more, but like I said... Iīm pretty sure that wont happen..

Old
04-01-2007, 01:56 AM
DontCallPlayersStuds
It's weird and gross

Quote:
When you have to break one of your feet right off in order to play further on, itīs a clear sign that itīs time to call it quits.

And despite him doing okey his first year in Philly, he was a whole other player in Colorado. The injuries, not so much the age, has taken a toll on his performances.

I honestly feel sorry for the guy, heīs had the worst luck..

But at this point itīs almost about self preservation, how will his body feel in his 50:s? He shouldīve gone out on top, not like this..

The only way he could save this is if he leads his team to a SC, but thatīs doubtful when you look at Nashvilles performances since he joined the team...
Wait, are you seriously blaming Nashville's downslide on Forsberg?

Is it his fault that Sullivan, Hartnell, Erat and Nichol all got hurt?

Give up, dude. If that's what you're reaching for, you're humiliating yourself.

DontCallPlayersStuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:07 AM
Nordic*

Quote:
Wait, are you seriously blaming Nashville's downslide on Forsberg?
Is it his fault that Sullivan, Hartnell, Erat and Nichol all got hurt?

Give up, dude. If that's what you're reaching for, you're humiliating yourself.

Quote me where Iīve said the above.

Old
04-01-2007, 03:29 AM
Burnaby_Joe*

bilros is a Detroit fan, 'nuff said.

Burnaby_Joe* is offline   Reply With Quote