HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Today's Post - Brooks about Avery

Old
03-29-2007, 05:44 PM
Fotiu22

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
You agree he hasn't looked like the Shanny of old...i don't care he missed a month of action he wasn't scoring before he was hurt..wow 8 points in 8 games..no way how many were power play points? how many were goals?

How many wins did the Rangers have in those games? Did the Rangers come together as a team when Shanny was out of the dressing room and off the ice?

certain Rangers fans with short memories are going to be crying about a 39 year old shanny next season...
First you argue that he didn't have enough points since december 3rd. Then when somebody points out that he is about a point a game, you claim the points don't count because they were on the power play or were assists. Make up your mind already.

If you think the points don't matter, stop using them as an argument. If you think they do matter, then you are just flat out missing the point that Brendan Shanahan brings MUCH MORE to the table then just points. His intangeable's have helped this team exponentionally more than his supposed lack of scoring has hurt it.

Fotiu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 06:14 PM
storm fan

So do they sit "Harry" Callahan while Isbister plays against Philly or do they send him back? He would benefit being with the big club and adjusting his game to that level.

storm fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 06:22 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
It's a joke...it's like he's played here for 10 years when he's been here for 6 months...

The guy looks washed up..he looked it before his injury....

Leadership pal, he brings it all. Don't knock him for not putting pucks in the net. I'd rather have Shanny in there before any kid at this point in time.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2007, 06:25 PM
In The Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm fan View Post
So do they sit "Harry" Callahan while Isbister plays against Philly or do they send him back? He would benefit being with the big club and adjusting his game to that level.

I put Isbister in for Saturday, sit Callahan. He's big, strong, and physical. We need to pound the living **** out of the flyers.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 12:19 AM
JayMan82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pruch025 View Post
Are you calling him Harry Callahan?
For whatever reason, this post just reminded me of Tommy Boy...
"It's not John Hancock... It's Herbie Hancock"

JayMan82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 08:43 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by theMessiah1194 View Post
I put Isbister in for Saturday, sit Callahan. He's big, strong, and physical. We need to pound the living **** out of the flyers.
YEAH......that Isbister, he sure is some physical, pounding force. He is big. He is strong. He is physical? When?

The advocation of playing Isbister over anyone currently healthy is ridiculous. A one-armed Straka is a better fit on the 3rd line than Isbister. And I am not even saying that he played that poorly in his stretch, but an NHL starter, he is not. And then I see comments that he should play over Prucha? Come on. He is someone you can throw in due to injury, but not someone who should replace anyone who is capable of playing.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:22 AM
LeetchIsGod2

Send a message via AIM to LeetchIsGod2
Isbister is horrible you put the guy on a line with jagr and he gets countless chances to score and fails to finish each time , i remember more than once he had an open net to shoot at off a rebound in the front of the net and either shot it right at the goalie or missed the net or just did something stupid.

LeetchIsGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:33 AM
Plato
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Shanny-Nyls-JJ//Shanny gets a opertunity to concentrate at shooting the puck.
Avery-Cullen-Callahan//Would be a really feisty line, Callahan gets a opertunity on the right side, where he belongs.
Prucha-Straka-Ortmayer//This line is kind of "unproven". But I really like it. Straka would play in a role where he is expected to build up the play, not finnish it.
Holly-Betts-Orr
these look great

Plato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:35 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyutin 51 View Post
these look great
Except that you have 3 3rd liners playing the 2nd line.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote