HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Would you rather play San Jose or Dallas?

Closed Thread

Old
03-29-2007, 10:22 PM
Nashville108*

vCash: 500
Would you rather play San Jose or Dallas?

After seeing what SJ did to us last year, I would probably prefer Dallas. Also this bad blood between the teams would make for a good series. What do you guys think?

Old
03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
oz615

i would say San Jose only because WE SUCK against teams that plays the trap and Dallas plays the trap.

Last edited by oz615: 03-29-2007 at 10:42 PM.
Old
03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
CloakroomCrusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz615 View Post
i would say San Jose only because WE SUCK against team that plays the trap and Dallas plays the trap.
As evidenced by tonight

Old
03-29-2007, 10:31 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
As an Avs fan I would say Dallas...as a Preds fan I would say Dallas.

Old
03-30-2007, 01:22 AM
superpie

Send a message via AIM to superpie
Who knows..we might just overtake Anaheim for the second seed

Old
03-30-2007, 02:16 AM
Jarnberg

I find it hard to believe we'd prefer Dallas at this point. At least we'd have a chance of beating San Jose's D (not knocking San Jose).

Old
03-30-2007, 03:01 AM
FissionFire

You can have San Jose. As a Wings fan, they are the ONLY team I fear. Nobody else in the NHL scares me.

Old
03-30-2007, 04:22 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
I find it hard to believe we'd prefer Dallas at this point. At least we'd have a chance of beating San Jose's D (not knocking San Jose).
Playoff Turco though?

Old
03-30-2007, 09:05 AM
EatSleepJeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice berg slim View Post
Playoff Turco though?
I'd take playoff Turco over playoff Nashville.

Old
03-30-2007, 10:09 AM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepJeep View Post
Buuurnn!

Old
03-30-2007, 10:34 AM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatSleepJeep View Post
Big difference between the two. Nashville was getting experience in it's first few playoff matchups and Turco had good teams in front of him and still choked. (And my second favorite team is the Stars so you know I am being impartial about my own team).

Old
03-30-2007, 10:59 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

I would definitely want to play San Jose. We can beat them in a series. We won't be as nervous and there's the revenge factor.

Dallas hates us after what Tootoo did. They want to run us into the ground. They would get revenge on us. And the 'Turco choking in the playoffs' theory get negated by us always choking in their building.

Old
03-30-2007, 11:04 AM
Cyberslacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by superpie View Post
Who knows..we might just overtake Anaheim for the second seed
You can overtake them, but if you're second in the division, at best you get the fourth seed.

Old
03-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberslacker View Post
You can overtake them, but if you're second in the division, at best you get the fourth seed.
hey slacker ... go back and look at superpie's avatar and then tell me he's not talking about San Jose taking over the 2nd seed for the playoffs

Old
03-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Cyberslacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe T Choker View Post
hey slacker ... go back and look at superpie's avatar and then tell me he's not talking about San Jose taking over the 2nd seed for the playoffs
Ahh! My bad!

Old
03-30-2007, 02:17 PM
Rickety Cricket

well, i think most sharks fans wont wanna play the preds. the sharks were the better team last year, this year, not so much

Old
03-30-2007, 03:34 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

We'll get swept either way but I'd prefer Dallas since it would at least sell out the building for the 2 games in Nashville and maybe Leipold would halt the KC discussions. There are only 3 teams in the WC we stand a chance against Calgary, Vancouver, and Anaheim the other four are the nails for our coffin. Minny would take us in 5, Dallas and San Jose in 4 and Detroit in 3 (we would have to beg for mercy and forefit game 4) Explain to me again why we traded for Peter Sorefoot????

Last edited by Gnashville: 03-30-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Old
03-30-2007, 03:56 PM
canadianpredsfan97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnashville View Post
We'll get swept either way but I'd prefer Dallas since it would at least sell out the building for the 2 games in Nashville and maybe Leipold would halt the KC discussions. There are only 3 teams in the WC we stand a chance against Calgary, Vancouver, and Anaheim the other four are the nails for our coffin. Minny would take us in 5, Dallas and San Jose in 4 and Detroit in 3 (we would have to beg for mercy and forefit game 4) Explain to me again why we traded for Peter Sorefoot????
Have some faith and let the playoffs play out. Anything can happen in the playoffs especially in the west, as demonstrated last spring. So just wait and see. I know we might be frustrated right now with this team but it's called the second season (Playoffs) for a reason, we all start at 0 wins and it's the first to 16. I personally can't wait until April 11th.

Old
03-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Jarnberg

Quote:
Explain to me again why we traded for Peter Sorefoot????
Why? Because most playoff teams load up for the playoffs. They try to address their weaknesses. They try to make their team as strong as possible.

One of our weaknesses was the third line center position. We weren't able to roll out 3 lines like we wanted. Show me how many other offensive centers we could have gotten.

Its Peter Forsberg. He isn't as good as he once was, but he is still a big game player who has more playoff experience and points than anyone on our team.

And there is the obvious off the ice part. Forsberg is a huge name in hockey. Hence the increased interest in the team after the trade.

Leipold and Poile made a commitment to the city with bringing Forsberg. They said, look, we want to win a cup in Nashville. We want to make this work. We want to increase support for the team.

Last edited by Jarnberg: 03-30-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old
03-30-2007, 04:59 PM
braindead

Quote:
Decaf tomorrow morning please. Your view is waaaayyyy too negative IMO. We have managed to stay on or near the top of the standings with significant injuries/absences. I like our chances a lot and like them more with Hartnell, Nichols, Tootoo coming back (while holding out hope for Sully and Erat). We can score even strength, our D is solid and we have two goaltending options. Forsberg plays so far above the borderline AHL talent on his wings of late that it isn't funny. With Rads and a healthy Hartnell, I think we have a potentially dominate line.

I think Vancouver could give us more problem than San Jose and Minny. This is a wide open field of 8 and I don't think a sweep by any team by any other is at all likely.

Old
03-30-2007, 06:24 PM
tulsytrid1

Let's see teams that trap seem to do well against us so I will say San Jose...then again teams with big forwards that cycle the puck well tend to give us just as many problems so I will go with Dallas. Hmmm one of those damned if you do damned if you don't situations. For a pure entertainment value, I hope we draw San Jose, so we don't have six or seven 2-1 1-0 games.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Gnashville
Never trade Weber

Quote:
Originally Posted by braindead View Post
Decaf tomorrow morning please. Your view is waaaayyyy too negative IMO. We have managed to stay on or near the top of the standings with significant injuries/absences. I like our chances a lot and like them more with Hartnell, Nichols, Tootoo coming back (while holding out hope for Sully and Erat). We can score even strength, our D is solid and we have two goaltending options. Forsberg plays so far above the borderline AHL talent on his wings of late that it isn't funny. With Rads and a healthy Hartnell, I think we have a potentially dominate line.

I think Vancouver could give us more problem than San Jose and Minny. This is a wide open field of 8 and I don't think a sweep by any team by any other is at all likely.
I was refering to the team as is! If (a big if) we get some guys back (esp. Hartnell and Sullivan) we could be a factor but if the playoffs started today we'd stink it up big time.

Old
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Congratulations to Gnashville, first Preds poster I've put on my ignore list!

Old
03-30-2007, 10:16 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

As for who I'd rather play, it's a tough call.

I would prefer Dallas though, just because I think it would be a more fun rivalry.

Old
04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
J0e Th0rnton*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz615 View Post
i would say San Jose only because WE SUCK against teams that plays the trap and Dallas plays the trap.
We feel the same way. Certain traps, Like minny, we can beat. But slap on the old 1-1-3 trap like Vancouver and Dallas does, and its like Sharksbane.

Personally, I would feel a Nashville SJ series would DEFINITELY go to 7 games this season and run right down to the wire. Both of us have great teams.

Closed Thread