HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Notices

The time for a trade is now

Closed Thread

Old
02-15-2004, 03:41 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

vCash: 500
The time for a trade is now

With Mckee and Patrick sidelined for an indefinite period of time, and Fitzpatrick potentially on the shelf for a few games, I think this is a situtation where Regier must react and acquire a fill in defenseman. There will be guys available to rent for a high draft pick, and if this team wants to continue rolling, I think a veteran fill in needs to come to Buffalo. I don't think this team can continue winning with Delmore, Campbell, and Janik being the back 3 on the blueline.

If Regier wants a young guy (man, I would love Gauthier), I'd suggest moving Mckee. Despite being injured, he's got trade value, and he's not helping us by watching from the stands.

I'm interested to hear potential solutions, trade ideas, etc.

Old
02-15-2004, 08:09 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

luke richardson for chris thorburn

Old
02-15-2004, 08:56 PM
Takeo

I may be in the minority here, but Biron for Ja. Smith would be hard to pass up IMO. We're subtracting from a position of depth to fill a vital need and dealing with a situation that needs to be resolved anyway. I can't say that I'm more confident with Biron in net as compared to Mika and the play in front of them would tend to account for any drop-off not individual performance. Besides, neither is playoff tested.

KALININ---ZHITNIK
MCKEE---SMITH
TALLINDER---FITZPATRICK/DELMORE/CAMPBELL

Our top-4 suddenly becomes a physical, potentially dominant group. Is this upgrade worth starting Mika over Biron? It has to be.

Old
02-15-2004, 09:13 PM
billsandsabres
nhl 94 aficianado

agreed

Old
02-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Buffaloed
Administrator
Webmaster

vCash: 1390
In the Sabres/Leaf Game Night thread I was only half joking about acquiring Marc Bergevin from the Pens for Norm Milley. He's a decent, but aging dman like James Patrick. He's only a -9 on a terrible team and he averages 17mins/game. He plays the body well, can play either side, and his game is fundamentally sound. After this season he can go back to Pitt with his buddy Mario.

Old
02-15-2004, 10:10 PM
LALALALALALAFONTAINE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takeo21
I may be in the minority here, but Biron for Ja. Smith would be hard to pass up IMO. We're subtracting from a position of depth to fill a vital need and dealing with a situation that needs to be resolved anyway. I can't say that I'm more confident with Biron in net as compared to Mika and the play in front of them would tend to account for any drop-off not individual performance. Besides, neither is playoff tested.

KALININ---ZHITNIK
MCKEE---SMITH
TALLINDER---FITZPATRICK/DELMORE/CAMPBELL

Our top-4 suddenly becomes a physical, potentially dominant group. Is this upgrade worth starting Mika over Biron? It has to be.
I agree, but apparently Lowe doesn't want to make that deal. Doesn't mean we can't wish for it.

Old
02-15-2004, 11:01 PM
BlackIce

How about Sean Hill? I would love to see him in a Sabres Jersey. This guy is an ideal team player that brings toughness and grit

Old
02-15-2004, 11:04 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

In my dream world of things I'd love but will never happen, the name Brendan Witt springs to mind. Or Gauthier. And while we're at it, Shane Doan and Dave Scatchard.

Old
02-16-2004, 02:26 AM
TehDoak
General Zad

Send a message via AIM to TehDoak
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackIce
How about Sean Hill? I would love to see him in a Sabres Jersey. This guy is an ideal team player that brings toughness and grit
I've said it before and I'll say it again, Jason Smith is the answer. Sean Hill? Check his numbers when not playing in Carolina....they are terrible. The only way I bring in Hill is if Buffalo needs a good offensive #4 d-man and McKee is either traded or out for the season. Smith would cost less and be alot more effective, IMHO. My Playoff run d-pairings:

Zhitnik-Kalinin
McKee-Smith
Tallinder-Patrick/Delmore/Campbell.

Old
02-16-2004, 03:17 AM
RattledSABRE

Your right our D situation needs addressing immediately.After watching last nights game Campbell needs to stick to what he does best-soup,not hockey.Delmore was a bust and now would be the perfect time to sever ties with him.Fitzpatrick is a good 7th guy,unfortunately due to injuries he's been forced to play as a 4th defencemen.That being said it means we need at least 2 and perhaps 3 defencemen depending on McKee's injury.If we were ever going to move a pick for a solid D-man it would be now.The Sabres are right on the cusp of making the playoffs and need an extra boost to put them over the top.If management is deluded into thinking this group can continue the way it is then they are insane.Luck will eventually run out with those three guys and they will start costing us games.I also would not object to a goalie trade either ,it's just that Biron is playing well and Noronen has been shaky lately so that would be a tough call.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:05 AM
Takeo

I would love to get Van Ryn out of Florida. I'd be a difficult task though. Maybe something like McKee, Kotalik + pick.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:13 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
I would love to get Van Ryn out of Florida. I'd be a difficult task though. Maybe something like McKee, Kotalik + pick.
Hole smokes.. that's overpaying to the highest degree possible. You do know that van Ryn went straight up for Valeri Bure. At the time, Bure's value was extremely low. That said, I think Kotalik would be enough, valuewise, but the Cats need defense not trade it. They will keep him unless an offer like this one came around.

But, what would McKee cost us (Dallas) if we were to involve him in our initial deal? I am willing to include our first (15th/20th)..

Old
02-16-2004, 08:34 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano = God
That said, I think Kotalik would be enough, valuewise, but the Cats need defense not trade it. They will keep him unless an offer like this one came around.
Exactly. Van Ryn has developed nicely in Florida and offers a nice package of offensive upside and grit. He's 24 years old and RH. But I actually wasn't aware of his orginal value... That changes things just a bit. Considering Florida's needs, Janek/Campbell could be included for a pick.

> McKee, Pominville/Kotalik + Cambell/Janek for Van Ryn + 2nd

That does seem a bit high though...

Maybe McKee could be swapped for Tallinder.

Quote:
But, what would McKee cost us (Dallas) if we were to involve him in our initial deal? I am willing to include our first (15th/20th)..
Original proposal: Erskine, Ott + conditional pick for Satan + prospect

Hmmm...

Erskine, Ott + 1st for Satan + McKee?? I'd start here.

Last edited by Takeo: 02-16-2004 at 08:50 AM.
Old
02-16-2004, 08:36 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
Original proposal: Erskine, Ott + conditional pick for Satan + prospect

Hmmm...

Erskine, Ott + 1st for Satan + McKee?? I'd start here.
Add a conditional prospect (Ryan would be nice) and I'd be more then happy to shake your hand. So we would at least have some kind of certainty of getting a forward..

Old
02-16-2004, 08:38 AM
Takeo

Quote:
Add a conditional prospect (Ryan would be nice) and I'd be more then happy to shake your hand. So we would at least have some kind of certainty of getting a forward..
If you get your prospect, I still want my conditional pick for Satan...

Ott, Erskine, 1st + conditional pick for Satan, McKee + Ryan

Old
02-16-2004, 08:49 AM
Ajacied
Remember #9

Quote:
If you get your prospect, I still want my conditional pick for Satan...

Ott, Erskine, 1st + conditional pick for Satan, McKee + Ryan
well Ryan would already be conditional, like -- with no season, or below 50 games next year, Stars get Ryan -- If there is a season (50+ games), Ryan stays and the deal has been completed.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Takeo

CuBro seems like just the type of role player the Rags could use. Maybe Brown for Lampman + 4th...

Old
02-16-2004, 09:29 AM
TVanek26*

Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:

Mike Van Ryn?You mean the player that bailed on a couple teams?

Kotalik-About a 15,20 goal scorer,cheap and plays alright defense.Is somewhat young and holds good value.

McKee-Nice #4 d-man, still young even though injury prone is a lot better then Mike Van Ryn.

And you want to throw in a pick?

If the deal is Kotalik and McKee + a pick,I would want Van Ryn and Jokinen also in the deal.

Closed Thread