HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT - Hartford vs. Bridgeport - PACK WIN 5-2

Old
03-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osminator View Post
bob crawford said that shoenfeld wants fresh legs for the manchester games
and it's a chance to see some of these NCAA guys play

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ola

Dawes from Bourret, x3.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Osminator

Dawes makes it 3-1 off a nifty pass from Bourret and (i think) Lampman!!!

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Osminator

4-1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
03-30-2007, 09:03 PM
Levitate

saying it was from Helminen, not Bourret...

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Osminator

byers makes it 4-1!

Old
03-30-2007, 09:06 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
saying it was from Helminen, not Bourret...
It will probably be changed, it should be atleast.

Lampman takes a shot/pass that Bourret just sends W-E where its a slamdunk for Dawes.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:17 PM
Ola

Its hard to post any lines.

We played with 5 D's in the 1st period, and 4 lines. But either Purinton dropped back in this period.

Korpikoski-Immonen-Olver
Dawes-Helminen-Bourret
Byers-Dubinsky-Moore
Kenny-Lessard

They are gooing with 3 centers, so the C's pretty much see the ice with all wing pairs.

Bourret are playing on the right side. That line looks allot like it did with Genoway on it, Helminen have been involved more then I've seen the entire season.

Dubinsky and Korpikoski are standing out as usual, IMO the only HFD players who are capable at creating offense with individual play on a regular basis. Though they aren't really getting the results. Korpedo now got a assist on Byers goal, but that one ought to go to Dubinsky. Dubi have had 4-5 really good scoring chances, Korpikoski have beaten a few D's wide and had a few decent shoots.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Ola

Immonen from Bourret and Dawes

Old
03-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Ola

Dawes are 3+1 and Bourret are 0+4.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:36 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
Dawes are 3+1 and Bourret are 0+4.
According to the AHL scoresheet, bourret only has 3 assists. Still very good. (All primary assists)

EDIT: Nevermind he has 4 assists they just changed it on my scoresheet. Sorry!

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:42 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Bourret and Dawes with 9 points each in their past 4 games

Nice chemistry between them.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:42 PM
UAGoalieGuy

Bourret now has 7pts in his last 2 games and Dawes I think has 6 in his last 2 games. I'd say that's pretty decent. lol

Old
03-30-2007, 09:44 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
According to the AHL scoresheet, bourret only has 3 assists. Still very good. (All primary assists)

EDIT: Nevermind he has 4 assists they just changed it on my scoresheet. Sorry!
No problem. It was pretty funny, Berlett are dooing the game with that Crawford guy who usually does HFD's games. Berlett called Bourret's 3rd assist that best he had seen in a while, and said that it should be on ESPN's play of the day list. When Bourret didn't get it, Berlett left the broadcast for a while to "fix", he then came back and said Bourret now got the assist.

Old
03-30-2007, 09:58 PM
UAGoalieGuy

5-2 Hartford

Old
03-31-2007, 12:17 AM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Bourret is on FIRE.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:30 AM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Kudos to Dawes and Bourret! Sounds like they played some game!

I hope camp is open to the public next season. Would like to be there to see these guys fight for a roster spot.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:14 AM
Ola

Olver didn't impress me that much last night. He is slippery, got decent speed and especially good acceleration.

Though, I think he will have a really hard time competing with the players above him on the depth charts in this org. Like Dawes, Bourret, Korpedo, Callahan, Dubinsky, Pyatt, Jessiman and co.

I don't think Olver got potential to challenge thoose guys. His overall skill-level aren't outstanding, he got some decent aspects, but nothing great. He is really thin too. He would really have to start manufacturing a ton of goals and assist to put him ahead of the rest at this point.

At this point I would put Olver behind Genoway for example, and Colby didn't even get a contract...

Olver aren't a player I mind having in HFD though, his smarts and playmaking can potentially contribute allot to that team. Look at Korpedo for example, they got nobody who really can feed the puck to a player like him and he have to do it all by himself. On the ice with Olver last night though, I think Darin opened up some ice for Korpedo in a way that nobody have been able to do in HFD before.

But, I think its a stretch to expect him to make it to the NHL. A player with his statue really have to stand out in the AHL to make it to the NHL, and I think Olver is pretty far from that level.

Old
03-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Nich

give him another 10 games to settle in ;-)

ala bourett

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:30 PM
Jarkko Immonen
#42 Artem Anisimov

Send a message via AIM to Jarkko Immonen
Huge home and home against Manchester starting tonight in Hartford! I can't wait for this one. We're four points back of the Monarchs, although they have two games in hand. If we want any chance to surpass them before the season ends, we need these two wins.

Jarkko Immonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:08 PM
dank

Go Pack!

dank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:15 PM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
I don't think Olver got potential to challenge thoose guys. His overall skill-level aren't outstanding, he got some decent aspects, but nothing great. He is really thin too. He would really have to start manufacturing a ton of goals and assist to put him ahead of the rest at this point.

At this point I would put Olver behind Genoway for example, and Colby didn't even get a contract...

Olver aren't a player I mind having in HFD though, his smarts and playmaking can potentially contribute allot to that team. Look at Korpedo for example, they got nobody who really can feed the puck to a player like him and he have to do it all by himself. On the ice with Olver last night though, I think Darin opened up some ice for Korpedo in a way that nobody have been able to do in HFD before.

But, I think its a stretch to expect him to make it to the NHL. A player with his statue really have to stand out in the AHL to make it to the NHL, and I think Olver is pretty far from that level.
I completely disagree on almost everything you said about Olver. I watched him a number of times play in college and he is definitely a player to keep an eye on. He's got LOADS of potential.

He needs to put on some muscle, but he's one of the smartest players you'll see on the ice. He reads the play better than nearly anyone in our entire organization. Small guy but he can skate with the big guys and take a hit when needed. He'll never be a disher, but he certainly isn't a wimp.

And you think he might not even get a contract? We took him at 36 in the draft. He'll get a contract. No way he won't, as he was nearly a 1st round pick.

If he played at a school with any real decent players, we'd be talking about him in our top 10 prospects.

He went under the radar his entire collegiate career.

EvilCorporateLawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Pizza

How do you think Olver stacks up next to Ryan Russell?

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
I completely disagree on almost everything you said about Olver. I watched him a number of times play in college and he is definitely a player to keep an eye on. He's got LOADS of potential.

He needs to put on some muscle, but he's one of the smartest players you'll see on the ice. He reads the play better than nearly anyone in our entire organization. Small guy but he can skate with the big guys and take a hit when needed. He'll never be a disher, but he certainly isn't a wimp.

And you think he might not even get a contract? We took him at 36 in the draft. He'll get a contract. No way he won't, as he was nearly a 1st round pick.

If he played at a school with any real decent players, we'd be talking about him in our top 10 prospects.

He went under the radar his entire collegiate career.
You could defenitly be right, I won't argue against you here.

But, the facts are that he is on the smaller side so it will be without a doubt hard for him to play better then avg defensvily in the NHL, he is not a typical forecheck player either, can't contribute there like Prucha for example, he is talented, but far from "extremely" talented, my conclusion is kind of that he have to really come through with his smarts inorder to make it. I don't know if he necessary must produce a ton, but he have to get up there with the best.

So he have to live on his smarts and really produce, he won't get by as a complimentary player like maybe both Callahan and Prucha can do.

My opinion is that he have to become a 60-70 pt player in the NHL inorder to make it, and thoose guys usually score 100+ pts in the AHL, you know. And inorder for Olver to get to that level he have to improve allot still. If he can't get to that level, my opinion is that Bourret and co just plain and simple will beat him for any spots open.

I saw nothing in his game that hinted that he wasn't that "smart", that he didn't have that level of hockeysense. But odds are that he doesn't, not many young players do. I can't say that I got a opinion on the matter after watching him once.

Old
03-31-2007, 08:04 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

bourret will be a star

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote