HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Flyers wanting revenge on Orr?

Old
03-30-2007, 08:52 PM
TheZherdev

vCash: 500
i dont no why but this seems awfully familiar to the bertuzzi incident. Moore injured naslund on a hard check. The next time both teams played vancouver threatens moore and i dont have to tell you the rest...

TheZherdev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 08:54 PM
HenrikO'doyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackburn2727 View Post
i dont no why but this seems awfully familiar to the bertuzzi incident. Moore injured naslund on a hard check. The next time both teams played vancouver threatens moore and i dont have to tell you the rest...
I dont think theyre dumb enough to do that.

HenrikO'doyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 08:56 PM
bobbop
Henrik's Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
I'd actually put Boogaard a notch above Orr even though Orr has broken his nose and beat him in the past. Boogaard is just so overly big and strong now it seems.

Also would put Laraque above Orr and Brashear only slightly now.

Everyone else I think Orr can beat on most nights.
Let me see...no. Laraque is several notches better than Orr and a few notches better than Boogard. I've seen them all fight each other and George still holds the championship belt.

bobbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:11 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Oh no. Riley Cote!

I'm scurred.

Eh..bring it on, I'll be going down to Philly for this one..could be fun.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:12 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

The Flyers have always been a goon squad. I hope they fill their roster with as many goons as possible. "Ooooh, look it's the big bad Flyers! We so scared. Why do they skate so slow?"

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:27 PM
mnorman1

Send a message via AIM to mnorman1
The fight happened 21 seconds into the game. I'm sure if they wanted to deliberately go after Orr, they would have had the rest of the match to do so. I don't see why they would keep the anger silent through the last game so they could explode in this one?

mnorman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

orr is still a so-so fighter.... orr fighting cote and all the other bs should not be the rangers focus going into this game...... just get the two points and get outta philly....

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:28 PM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Bring it.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:53 PM
NYROrtsFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbop View Post
Let me see...no. Laraque is several notches better than Orr and a few notches better than Boogard. I've seen them all fight each other and George still holds the championship belt.
I've seen them all fight...

And yes, I wasnt very clear that line but i posted a bit later saying that it was meant to say that Laraque is indeed over Orr and that Brashear was only slightly above Orr.

Personally consider it as:

Laraque
Boogaard
Brashear

Then a small group of other guys at the next part being Peters, McGrattan and Orr in no particular order. Gratts probably the most upside of the three. It is that much more imrpessive that Orr is as good as he is despit being smaller than each of the guys above him. Has broken the most faces of the bunch ahead of him which is amazing too.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 09:57 PM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Mentioned during the Debs broadcast:

Basically saying that the Flyers brass has already hinted a few times at sending Cote after Orr for breaking Fedoruk's face.

I say bring it on. Add another to Orr's body count.
Cote is going to go after Orr for a fight, but it isn't for revenge. He's just an AHLer trying to get the respect of his NHL peers. I bet he'll lose it, but everyone will leave entertained.

Roger's Pancreas* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:02 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger's Pancreas View Post
Cote is going to go after Orr for a fight, but it isn't for revenge. He's just an AHLer trying to get the respect of his NHL peers. I bet he'll lose it, but everyone will leave entertained.
Fine by me. I wouldn't mind an old-school Rangers/Flyers game as long as both teams don't come out with injuries and most importantly, we get the win.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:04 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Orr is not a great fighter...YET. he needs to work on his balance, and his left hand. his right hand is downright devastating, but hes got no left (just uses it to clutch, not helpful if his right hand is taken away, then he just takes a beating). once he gets those 2 down, and i think he will, this guy will turn into an elite fighter. id rank him below most of the guys mentioned right now (boogard, brashear, laraque, etc)

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:06 PM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Except Cote... He might be leaving on something else......

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:07 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Yeah, and is there any need for the Flyers organization to be hinting at it this whole time? I mean, if it happens it happens. No need to have it leaked that you feel your guy should go after our guy. Just classless.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:13 PM
abooch1*

Lets just hope flyers dont take cheap shots at any of our players....like jagr and lundy for instance

abooch1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:20 PM
schmieder44

Nobody is saying Orr is king of the hill here. Hes a better than average fighter with a great right hand. its like anything you dont do it for a while you get rusty. Which is why he was losing fights early in the season. How anybody can call Orr a bad fighter is just blind or biased.

Last edited by schmieder44: 03-30-2007 at 10:25 PM.
schmieder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Vodka Drunkenski

Send a message via AIM to Vodka Drunkenski Send a message via Yahoo to Vodka Drunkenski
I don't undertand it, it's not like Orr came out and sucker punched Fedoruk. He challenged him and Fedoruk accepted.

Vodka Drunkenski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:44 PM
Larry Melnyk

Honestly, Orr and the Rangers have nothing to prove in this game other then that they are the better team......Of course, if Orr's challenged, he should join the fray..But I couldn;t care less whether he knocks Cote's skull in or Cote splits Orr's face open, just as long as Orr doesn;t take a penalty that puts us down a man..The win and the points (and health--even Orr's) are all that matters.

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:54 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Well we all knew after what happened in the last game that the Flyers would like another shot at Orr. It's no surprise. I wasn't watching the Devils-Flyers on television, but I heard the guys while listening to the game on WFAN as I was driving home and they basically said that Cote acknowledged that he is a role player, a fighter, and that fighting is his job and that he'd be looking for Orr to help him do that.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 10:55 PM
BroadwayBlueshirt85

They just better not go after anyone else...Take Orr on, but don't take cheapshots at other Rangers.

BroadwayBlueshirt85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:01 PM
Winston Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Yeah, and is there any need for the Flyers organization to be hinting at it this whole time? I mean, if it happens it happens. No need to have it leaked that you feel your guy should go after our guy. Just classless.
A Devils anouncer says something and that makes the Flyers classless? More like you being eager to take potshots as always when it comes to a different team than your own in the Atlantic division. Riley Cote is supposed to be a middleweight fighter (wouldn't call him an enforcer, but all he's good for is a couple minutes a night and a fight or two) that has played all of a couple of games in the NHL. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he'll be trying to fight the Rangers' enforcer.

I'm sure it came down from the head of the organization that big, bad Riley Cote needs to take care of some business. Please, think before you spew.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:03 PM
E-Train

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
It is that much more imrpessive that Orr is as good as he is despit being smaller than each of the guys above him. Has broken the most faces of the bunch ahead of him which is amazing too.
This sums up Orr exactly. He's not a bad fighter at all and he has the deadly right. Cote will do nothing tomorrow. Hopefully Eager's orbital will be in pieces tomorrow after Cote is taken care of.

E-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:24 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Doesnt matter whose a better fighter. It matters that he times his bout right to set the tone of the game in our favor. It matters that he stands up and protects our skilled guys if their getting tagged.

Orr is more than adept at doing his job against any team in the NHL as far as the bout goes....but the strategery must be just right as well.

I Am Chariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:27 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Physical game

Going into this game tommorrow it has the makings to be one of the most physical games of the year on paper. Philly has hinted already that they intend to play it rough, and if that was the case I am surprised that they didn't bring up Grenier.

For Orr...not sure what he has to do before getting respected as a good fighter. Yeah he loses, and he dosen't have the best balanvce, but the guy fights to win. He fights wide open which makes him subseptible to a good technical fighter, or a mor powerful fighter. But at the very least...the guy knows his role, and executes it well.

On Cote...he might have looked bad against Janssen, but he has beaten Janssen in the past also.

Lion Hound is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-30-2007, 11:37 PM
nickrOck

i look at it like this.. fedoruk and orr both willingly went into that fight.. fedoruk got hurt with a clean punch, it could of just as easily been orr who had gotten hurt.. it's a risk anytime you drop the gloves.. philly wants to go out and get revenge in a classless manor so be it, but we need to capitalize on the PP if they want to run around all night..

the main focus should be to go out there play 60 minutes capitalize on our chances, get a win and most importantly LEAVE PHILLY HEALTHY.. we're in a playoff race they're not, they're playing for nothing more or less..

nickrOck is offline   Reply With Quote