HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers wanting revenge on Orr?

Old
03-31-2007, 01:20 AM
swedishfish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickrOck View Post
we're in a playoff race they're not, they're playing for nothing more or less..
which makes it potentially more dangerous for us....

Flyers seem to be a consistently dirty team, its important we stay healthy and kill them on the PP as many have stated.

swedishfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:29 AM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I say let Orr turtle away. Give us the 7 minute powerplay while their guy drops the gloves and fights Orr while he has no interest. We are fighting for the playoffs...7 minute powerplay or Orr getting into a fight? Pretty simple if you ask me.
there's a fine line between respectable hockey player and Dale Purinton. while I'm a fan of what Dale brings, I don't think Orr wants to cross that line.

if Philly wants to focus their cheapshots on Orr instead of Jagr, I'm definetly game.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:31 AM
Balej20*

Tonight's game is real scary. They are just gonna come out and run every single one of our players. When teams play over aggresive against the Rangers, the Rangers fold like a cheap tent.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:36 AM
eco's bones

I expect Philly might come out looking to challenge Orr--and if Colton can get them to take extra penalties then he should go with whoever. Philly is more dangerous for other things they might do than try to pick a fight with him. Eager and/or Hatcher and/or Gauthier running around. We need to be disciplined about whatever we do and make them pay for when they're not.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Winston Wolf

Gauthier is out which means less injured players for you, as well as less goals from his idiotic play.

Winston Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:40 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

vCash: 50
I dont buy it.
seriously. what is it going to prove, the debbies tv guys had nothing else to talk about in what was a boring game. the Flyers season has been long over since November, and the Devils are headed to the playoffs. Its just BS talk.
If there is a fight, there is a fight, but there will be nothing to this revenge BS.
If i could wager v cash on it I would.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:00 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
I dont buy it.
seriously. what is it going to prove, the debbies tv guys had nothing else to talk about in what was a boring game. the Flyers season has been long over since November, and the Devils are headed to the playoffs. Its just BS talk.
If there is a fight, there is a fight, but there will be nothing to this revenge BS.
If i could wager v cash on it I would.
I can almost gurantee the Flyer players will be running Rangers all night long unless Orr puts an end to it early like he did the last game.

Old
03-31-2007, 02:08 AM
GoneFullHextall
bring on the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
I can almost gurantee the Flyer players will be running Rangers all night long unless Orr puts an end to it early like he did the last game.
there is nothing wrong with playing a clean physical game., so Orr is going to stop the Flyers from playing physical hockey? ok then.
if your worried about the ruff stuff, call up Francis Lessard. hes capable of the dirty stuff.
maybe Orr does get challenged early on. So what it happens.

GoneFullHextall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:14 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeIsGoneDotCom View Post
there is nothing wrong with playing a clean physical game., so Orr is going to stop the Flyers from playing physical hockey? ok then.
if your worried about the ruff stuff, call up Francis Lessard. hes capable of the dirty stuff.
maybe Orr does get challenged early on. So what it happens.
When you take head shots at Jaromir Jagr, it's not a clean physical game. They're gonna go out of their way to run him and other guys because they just don't care.

I have no problem if someone throws down with Orr, or if they just played an overall clean physical game...but I know they wont.

Old
03-31-2007, 02:28 AM
johnny_rudeboy

Seeing the form Orr is in I expect nothing else then a Gordie Howe hattrick.

johnny_rudeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:03 AM
Taz

I bet Strudwick will go with eager

Taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 07:46 AM
bubba5

Typical Flyers...the Rangers top players need to keep their heads up as we don't need to lose players to injuries tonight.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 08:58 AM
JBytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25 A L I V E View Post
...Also, I need to know if anyone can answer this question for clarification.

Did Fedoruk play at all after the fight? Because he was put on their injury report with a "Knee Injury".
He hasn't played since. He sprained his knee when he fell from Orr's punch.

JBytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 08:59 AM
LeetchIsGod2

Send a message via AIM to LeetchIsGod2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winston Wolf View Post
Gauthier is out which means less injured players for you, as well as less goals from his idiotic play.
too bad he is out, i know Avery loves messing with him drawing stupid penalties by getting Gauthier all mad by saying mean and hurtful things about french canadians

LeetchIsGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:34 AM
NYROrtsFan

Gauthier does get some big hits but he had been playing just so bad defensively that i would probably rather him in the game...

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:36 AM
True Blue

2 points are the most important thing

However, an "eye for an eye" approach must be maintained. Which means for everything Jagr absorbs, so too must Gagne.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:20 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Just bring it baby

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:27 AM
COMCASTMONEY
14yrs/$110m

The Flyers play physical, always have, they'll continue to-they haven't been "running people" and have no reason to. You talk about high hits on Jagr, but you don't point to any-the time he got tattooed by Fedoruk 2 games ago, that was late but not high. If you want to talk late and high, I mean, Orr was elbowing Sanderson in the head well after the play last time the 2 teams met, what do you call that?

The Flyers will try to hit and fight, they always do, but don't do this whole "Waaaaa dey wanna kill are gud playerz bcuz there sOoOoOoO meeeeeennnnn waaaaaaaa" thing. It's childish, the Flyers don't really have any sort of agenda at this point.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:35 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Yeah, and is there any need for the Flyers organization to be hinting at it this whole time? I mean, if it happens it happens. No need to have it leaked that you feel your guy should go after our guy. Just classless.
The organization didn't leak anything. Cote himself mentioned something, but it has nothing to do with Fedoruk getting knocked out. It's an AHL guy trying to prove something, hoping to win an NHL job for next year, be it with the Flyers or with another team.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:40 AM
islesfan525

Send a message via AIM to islesfan525 Send a message via MSN to islesfan525 Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan525
this whole series has been physical, im expecting some fireworks

orr took care of Eager and Fedoruk running jagr but if you remember strudwick was trying to fight eager for pretty much all of the 2nd and 3rd for the hit Eager put on him, Cote is up for one thing and one thing only and Orr knows that, im sure Orr wil be ready and willing

islesfan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:46 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre_Daigle View Post
The Flyers play physical, always have, they'll continue to-they haven't been "running people" and have no reason to. You talk about high hits on Jagr, but you don't point to any-the time he got tattooed by Fedoruk 2 games ago, that was late but not high. If you want to talk late and high, I mean, Orr was elbowing Sanderson in the head well after the play last time the 2 teams met, what do you call that?

The Flyers will try to hit and fight, they always do, but don't do this whole "Waaaaa dey wanna kill are gud playerz bcuz there sOoOoOoO meeeeeennnnn waaaaaaaa" thing. It's childish, the Flyers don't really have any sort of agenda at this point.
Have to agree... Keep your head up and let em play. The Flyers have players who are looking to show thier managment that they belong, along with veterans who need to prove that they can still contribute. Not to mention a coaching staff that wants to get a shot at a full season. Anything less from Philly would be a slap in the face to thier fans.

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:54 AM
JLHockeyKnight
IMA Real American

Not surprised the Flyers are going to defend their fallen player.

And if you think about it, you guys lead in the broken faces category 2 to 1 (Knuble+Fedoruk to Shanny) so maybe we owe you one...

JLHockeyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:00 AM
polako

and they say fighting is bad for the sport...

we have a three page topic about a subplot of tonight's game and its 7 hours before the first faceoff

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:03 AM
islesfan525

Send a message via AIM to islesfan525 Send a message via MSN to islesfan525 Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan525
Quote:
Originally Posted by polako View Post
and they say fighting is bad for the sport...

we have a three page topic about a subplot of tonight's game and its 7 hours before the first faceoff
even the moron Bettman said its good for the sport and its always gonna be a part of hockey

islesfan525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:04 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
The organization didn't leak anything. Cote himself mentioned something, but it has nothing to do with Fedoruk getting knocked out. It's an AHL guy trying to prove something, hoping to win an NHL job for next year, be it with the Flyers or with another team.
Ok? Than you should go and tell the Devils broadcasters who felt it should've been mentioned at the time. Don't explain yourself to me, as I'm just passing on what they said.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote