HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

GDT | Rangers @ Flyers | March 31st | 7:05

Old
03-31-2007, 10:17 AM
In The Flesh

vCash: 500
MUST WIN game for sure, this W will really set us up in a good position.

Lets keep our destiny in our own hands.

LET GO RANGERS.

In The Flesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:44 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by danno2530 View Post
I hope the Flyers do what they did in february and take a bunch of stupid penalties...but this time MAKE THEM PAY. If the power play comes through and we play like we did last week at MSG against them, we win. Plain and simple.
Judging the comments in media from Shanny and co, its good that our guys are prepaired for the worst.

But I wouldn't bet on that Philly will play like they did in feb, I certainly wouldn't mind it, though I wonder if they are that stupid. They played like that for a few weeks and pretty much lost 1/3 of their lineup right away.

I think they will come out and play like they did in the last game against us. Cote and Orr will probably fight, and then a few big hit but not much more.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:01 AM
NYRMatt

vCash: 1275
Let's go Rangers. Big game. We can pull this off.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:08 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
Should be Isbister from the forwards and Strudwick on defense.
Actually, I think Orts needs a break. He hasn't been very good lately.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:19 AM
Nich

orts is sitting...bumbed knee...just sore.

isbister - nylander - jagr
prucha - cullen - shanny
avery - straka - cally
hollweeg - blair - orr

those are the lines

Nich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:24 AM
eco's bones

Need a good effort and a win tonight. Keep away from stupid penalties.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:30 AM
ThirdEye

Anyone know if Lundqvist will start all of the 5 remaining games? I think we should rest him for the playoffs if we happen to win the next two.

Can't wait for this game. No Rangers hockey for so long and I'm going crazy here.

5-3 Rangers

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:37 AM
Cartman27

Send a message via AIM to Cartman27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post
Anyone know if Lundqvist will start all of the 5 remaining games? I think we should rest him for the playoffs if we happen to win the next two.

Can't wait for this game. No Rangers hockey for so long and I'm going crazy here.

5-3 Rangers
I know, I hate it when they have these long breaks. Good for the players, bad for us. Marty Biron played last night in New Jersey, anyone know if he is going on back to back nights or is Niittymaki playing?

Cartman27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:44 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdEye View Post

5-3 Rangers
It looks like He'll be starting the rest of the games. Certainly he'll be in net for both this weekend. Looking at the schedule and the standings there's really no good spot to give him a break. At first I was thinking the last game in Pittsburgh (if we had our spot locked up) but that would mean he wouldn't play between the 5th and the 11th/12th (1st playoff game) and that's too long a layoff. Then I thought possibly the 2nd to last game, but that's the Rangers final home game so I don't see it happening. Although that would give him back to back 4 day rests. Anything before that and he needs to be playing...so he's probably playing all 5.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
RANGERDIEHARD

**WARNING** This game is no gimmie - Phily gave the Devs fits last night, especially in the first period, and if it were not for MB the score could've been 3 zip Flyers. Forget about the trash talk, if a fight breaks out then make sure we don't get the extra 2 min's.

A loss here could be devastating - we need two points!

RANGERDIEHARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:12 PM
bogans

I'll be there in my Chicken Parm jersey rooting hard, hopefully they can take these necessary two points out of Philly. Easiest of the five games left, but Philly has quietly been playing much tougher lately. I went to the game two weeks ago against Atlanta and they looked like a totally different team. Hopefully they are all fired up from the Fridge incident and Cote takes some dumb penalties and instigators and no injuries to either side!

bogans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:31 PM
LeftCoastRangersFan

I'll be at work, but will be on pins & needles 'til this game is over. Of all the teams hunting for the last spot, we have the best chance of winning our game tonight.

LETS GO RANGERS!!!

LeftCoastRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 12:46 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Rangers 5 Flyers 1

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:04 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

posting from my phone... i'm that guy now...lol.. anyway...
anything less then two points and this team is in trouble.. forget about orf and all that other nonsense...just get the two points and get outta philly...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post

prucha - cullen - shanny
avery - straka - cally
hollweeg - blair - orr

those are the lines
id switch the lw. Id put Prucha with Nylander and Jagr. Avery with Shanny and cally. Straka at LW with Cullen and Isbister.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nich View Post

prucha - cullen - shanny
avery - straka - cally
hollweeg - blair - orr

those are the lines
I am so glad Brad Isbister is on the first line

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:50 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

I don't get isbister over prucha on the top line... the rangers lineup tonight is imho playimg right into the flyers hands....
lost in the conversation is shanny being reunited with cullen and prucha. this line didn't do much this season together.....

the rangers should win tonight.....hopefully....but...renney and the staff is not putting there players in the best postion... it screams of playing it safe...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:58 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Although even Fedoruk suggests the fight was simply the product of some liberties he took with Jaromir Jagr on Feb. 17 and the slate should be clean, Cote doesnít quite see it that way.

ďIím obviously thinking about it in the back of my mind,Ē he said. ďI know my role. Iíve played two games, and I still havenít gotten in a fight. Iím still trying to make a name for myself.

ďIt kind of works out hand-in-hand. Itís a team issue, thatís the biggest thing. I have two incentives. Itís going to be a big night for me. Iím aware of what happened. Itís something that needs to be addressed. You donít want to see anybody go down like that, especially a teammate and friend. Iím going to do my best.Ē

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1322571.html this game could get nasty.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:28 PM
Maineice11

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Maineice11
Let's Go Rangers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maineice11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:08 PM
Henrik68

Gotta win this one! Hope JJ scores. He need to score 4 goals in 5 games. We'll see..

Let's Go Rangers !!

E: I'm sorry 4 goals in 5 games of course...

Henrik68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Crease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
I don't get isbister over prucha on the top line... the rangers lineup tonight is imho playimg right into the flyers hands....
lost in the conversation is shanny being reunited with cullen and prucha. this line didn't do much this season together.....

the rangers should win tonight.....hopefully....but...renney and the staff is not putting there players in the best postion... it screams of playing it safe...
I think the issue is Renny likes a big body on the wing with Jagr. It worked well with Hossa and it allows Renney to spread the wealth on the top three lines. I'm sure if things aren't clicking in the first period changes will be made.

Crease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:33 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Here we are boys and girls. Another huge game.

I think 2 more wins out of the last 4 will solidify a spot, but this one will go a long way for the team. This game tonight could spur them into the 6th or 7th spot for good if they continue solid play through to the next game.

One at a time this weekend, but we could legimately be talking postseason opponents come Monday morning.

The Rangers deserve to be here. Their destiny is in their own hands. Get the 2 points and move on. It won't be easy.

Hope for a good clean game, stay away from the Orr revenge crap and everything else. The Rangers should (and i think they will) just concern themsleves with getting the 2 most important points of the year until another 2 are available tomorrow.

GO GET EM RANGERS!!!!!!

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:35 PM
Gottokeeponrisin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre_Daigle View Post
Update for you guys on the Flyers front-Richards is likely out, he says his shoulder is sore and he can't shoot, Gauthier is out and Upshall is questionable. Riley Cote is in, as is (ugh) Mike York. The game should be very near capacity, I tried this morning and there were no tickets available through the Flyers and only 18 left on Stubhub. Hopin' for a good one.

Wow that sucks for the Flyers Richards is such an offensive force

NOT!

Gottokeeponrisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:36 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

hugeee game, gluck

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:48 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHall18NYR View Post
ďIím obviously thinking about it in the back of my mind,Ē he said. ďI know my role. Iíve played two games, and I still havenít gotten in a fight. Iím still trying to make a name for myself.

ďIt kind of works out hand-in-hand. Itís a team issue, thatís the biggest thing. I have two incentives. Itís going to be a big night for me. Iím aware of what happened. Itís something that needs to be addressed. You donít want to see anybody go down like that, especially a teammate and friend. Iím going to do my best.Ē
This is what Matt Loughlin and Tom Chorske were relaying last night when I heard part of the Devils-Flyers game on WFAN. Just the fact that Cote knows his role and understands what happened last time these two teams played.

Let's go Rangers!!!

Just get the 2 points.

NYR94 is offline   Reply With Quote