HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Visiting Fan's Guide to Nashville & other local areas & Parking Updates

Old
03-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Adz

vCash: 500
I've never had the chicken and waffles but my niece had some and said it was pretty good, which is quite a compliment coming from her. Bacon mac and cheese is good. I also like the hamburgers they have up on the second floor--hand made and very tasty--but you will need to get there and to Food Network stand a bit early because most time they're both just packed.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2014, 08:26 AM
LetsGetThis

I've not had the bacon mac & cheese, but the chicken and waffles get a thumbs up from me.

LetsGetThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 05:32 PM
newarkcbj

Welp, back in Ohio I have to say we may be coming to Nashville every year! We pretty much hung around Tootsie's, Full Moon, Broadway and Big Shots "hard to beat $2 yuengling. If some of u were in 118 hope we weren't too obnoxious : ). And for any other food ?'s, GET THE BACON ON A STICK

newarkcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:00 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by newarkcbj View Post
Welp, back in Ohio I have to say we may be coming to Nashville every year! We pretty much hung around Tootsie's, Full Moon, Broadway and Big Shots "hard to beat $2 yuengling. If some of u were in 118 hope we weren't too obnoxious : ). And for any other food ?'s, GET THE BACON ON A STICK
big shots, on 2nd, has reopened? I thought they got padlock'd for not paying taxes.

Nitrous Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2014, 06:04 PM
newarkcbj

Pretty sure it was called Big Shots. My memory is fuzzy on the streets. Hard to top the $2 drafts and lord knows how many Demon Drops we had.

newarkcbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-10-2014, 08:26 PM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Big shots looked open when I passed by there

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:32 PM
Classicnamesup

Hey everyone,

I am planning to come to Bonnaroo this year. I am a Canadian who has never been to Tennessee, how much heat am I looking at?

Anybody familiar with the festival or have any tips to survive out there? I will also be spending a couple days around Nashville to see what the city has to offer.

Classicnamesup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2014, 01:53 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicnamesup View Post
Hey everyone,

I am planning to come to Bonnaroo this year. I am a Canadian who has never been to Tennessee, how much heat am I looking at?

Anybody familiar with the festival or have any tips to survive out there? I will also be spending a couple days around Nashville to see what the city has to offer.
One year it was 100 degrees F, around 40 Celsius ... It was perfect weather when Radiohead headlined a few years ago ... just keep yourself hydrated (water water water, because the humidity can be unreal if you've never encountered it before)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2014, 09:17 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicnamesup View Post
Hey everyone,

bring a minimum of two cases of water. don't take any party favors during the day, wait until dark. invest in a camelback, you will be fine.

Old
04-04-2014, 09:57 AM
JDCox17

I'm driving down from Columbus for the Bruce Springsteen concert at Bridgestone in a couple of weeks. (Long story, but couldn't make my schedule work for the show here in town...)

Anyway, my plan is to get downtown by early afternoon (staying at the Convention Center hotel) and go to the Johnny Cash museum. Anywhere else within walking distance of the Arena/Convention Center that you'd recommend as being particularly worth checking out?

I saw some recommendations of Demo's as a good place to eat and their menu looks good, but if there's somewhere more quintessentially Nashville to grab a not-TOO-expensive dinner, I'm open to suggestions on that as well.

Thanks and feel free to hit me up for suggestions if you're ever up in Columbus. (Granted, one of my longtime local suggestions, Jeni's Ice Cream, has "invaded" Nashville, but I still have a few "tricks" up my sleeve...)

JDCox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2014, 11:45 PM
Adz

Country Music Hall of Fame, Hatch Show Prints, Ryman Auditorium, Lower Broad (where the honky tonks are) Frist Museum (in an old art deco building that once housed the main post office) are all good sites to see and certainly within walking distance. I'll be at the concert, too. Hubby is a devoted fan. We have a rule: If it's hockey (for me) and Springsteen (for him) it's in the budget. We've been married 30+ years so I guess it works.

There are all sorts of restaurants--I like Past Perfect on Third Avenue next to the Pinnacle Building and an easy walk to the arena. There's also Broadway Brewhouse, Joe's Crab Shack, Sole Mio, Paradise Park, Rippy's (barbecue), Jack's (more barbecue), Merchants, Ichiban, some new place in the Omni I haven't tried but it sounds really good--has a lot of locally grown produce/meats, etc.

Edit: Place in the Omni is "Kitchen Notes"

Old
04-06-2014, 10:27 PM
JDCox17

Thanks for the suggestions!

JDCox17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 02:23 PM
SenzZen

Just got back to Ottawa after a 3 night stay in Nashville, and I have to thank the good folks in this thread for their suggestions- and commend you for a wonderful city- showing 3 Senators and 1 Leafs fan a great time that we mostly remember.

Also I'd like to pass on my condolences for having to deal with so many obnoxious Blackhawks fans! Of course they aren't all like that- but it sure seemed that way all weekend. We deal with obnoxious Leaf fans here, but they generally aren't so concentrated in numbers like that.

We took in the game Saturday night in the all-inclusive area behind section 110, and immediately bought Preds t-shirts when we entered the arena (which is first rate, btw) in an effort to balance the scales. Great game and a great time.

Looking forward to coming back again when there's less ****** Hawks fans, and also less creepy uber-young cheerleaders around town dawning make-up and not as much clothing as girls that age should be wearing.

Thanks again!

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Adz

Thanks for getting the Preds T's! There was definitely a sea of red. My sister and I went downtown after the game and we the Preds fans stood out like sore thumbs. We ended up leaving them to spend their money and help us make our city even better. The fans I encountered were actually MUCH better behaved than I've seen in the past. I think their parents warned them they didn't want to get another call from the police station at 12 midnight.

The All Inclusive level--it IS top notch! I love getting to sit there.

As for the clothing options or lack thereof...O, to be 20 again! Sigh.

Old
04-14-2014, 03:03 PM
SenzZen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Thanks for getting the Preds T's! There was definitely a sea of red. My sister and I went downtown after the game and we the Preds fans stood out like sore thumbs. We ended up leaving them to spend their money and help us make our city even better. The fans I encountered were actually MUCH better behaved than I've seen in the past. I think their parents warned them they didn't want to get another call from the police station at 12 midnight.

The All Inclusive level--it IS top notch! I love getting to sit there.

As for the clothing options or lack thereof...O, to be 20 again! Sigh.
I hear you there- but being 20 wouldn't make what I was referring to any better. There was a cheerleading competition going on, and some of these girls were like 7...

SenzZen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-14-2014, 11:34 PM
Adz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenzZen View Post
I hear you there- but being 20 wouldn't make what I was referring to any better. There was a cheerleading competition going on, and some of these girls were like 7...
Ah, you were subjected to that. Yeah, I feel your pain. Quit putting little children in skimpy costumes.

Old
05-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Colin226
NJ Devils STH

Hey guys - On a road trip and headed to Nashville arriving Sunday evening and leaving Tuesday morning for New Orleans.. So we have 2 questions:

- What are the best bars to hit? (Good mix of atmosphere and decent prices)
- Where is the best BBQ at?

We have a car so we can drive anywhere really. Staying at the hostel near Bridgestone Arena tho.. Any other recommendations are appreciated.. Thanks guys!!

Colin226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2014, 06:09 PM
Nitrous Mafia

- What are the best bars to hit? (Good mix of atmosphere and decent prices)
I'm not going to tell you specific bars but specific neighborhoods that are good to drink at that have multiple bars within walking distance. Midtown (college), Five Points (hipsters/hippies), Broadway (tourists), The Gulch (yuppies)

- Where is the best BBQ at?
Jacks, Edleys, Martin's, Peg Leg Porker

Have some hot chicken at Princes, Pepper Fire, or Hattie B's.

Old
05-20-2014, 10:00 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Love some Edleys. I also prefer midtown bars, even at 41.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 03:05 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Love some Edleys. I also prefer midtown bars, even at 41.
haha the creepy old alum hanging out at the college bars...

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2014, 09:39 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Nah, I am usually with my wife. There is actually more our age there than some of the other areas.

Old
06-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Mathradio
Go Roy Munson!

Any Vanderbilt students/alumni willing to pitch in about how is life at Vandy for a graduate student? I will apply at Vanderbilt for a physics PhD this fall...

Credentials (and grad school list) available by PM.

Mathradio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 03:06 AM
Phenomenon

I just got back from my second work related visit from Nashville and had a great time once again. Too bad there was no hockey available, but at least the fan shop was open and one could see sport - NHL finals, NBA finals, US open golf and a lot of soccer simultaneously - in the screens of the bars on Broadway.

In my first visit in Nashville three years ago I was lucky to see the game against Sharks. Before gettting to the arena from Hotel Renaissance I ended up with my Predators jersey to the same elevator with Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau and one other Sharks player. I was also brave enough to speak with them with my "Finnish F1 driver accent".

I liked the Pub 5 opposite of Bridgestone arena (great Kölch, meatballs and staff). There were actually plenty of great places to eat in the Broadway or next to it. The Italian restaurant Carabba´s in the Green Hills mall gives a good value for money - a couple of beers, wine and grilled Tuscan Skechers under 40 $. Puckett´s was the best breakfast restaurant in the Downtown area we experienced during our visit.

Last edited by Phenomenon: 06-29-2014 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Typos
Phenomenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 07:53 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathradio View Post
Any Vanderbilt students/alumni willing to pitch in about how is life at Vandy for a graduate student? I will apply at Vanderbilt for a physics PhD this fall...

Credentials (and grad school list) available by PM.
There are a few on here, give them a bit though they don't post as frequently as some of us...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenon View Post
I just got back from my second work related visit from Nashville and had a great time once again. Too bad there was hockey available, but at least the fan shop was open and one could see a sports NHL finals, NBA finals, US open golf and a lot of soccer simultaneously in the screens of the bars on Broadway.

In my first visit in Nashville three years ago I was lucky to see the game against Sharks. Before gettting to the arena from Hotel Renaissance I ended up with my Predators jersey to the same elevator with Dany Heatley, Patrick Marleau and one other Sharks player. I was also brave enough to speak with them with my "Finnish F1 driver accent".

I liked the Pub 5 opposite of Bridgestone arena (great Kölch, meatballs and staff). There were actually plenty of great places to eat in the Broadway or next to it. The Italian restaurant Carabba´s in the Green Hills mall gives a good value for money - a couple of beers, wine and grilled Tuscan Skechers under 40 $. Puckett´s was the best breakfast restaurant in the Downtown area we experienced during our visit.
Awesome to hear.