HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

HF's Team Board Mock Draft

View Poll Results: The Los Angeles Kings select...
C/RW Eric Cornel, Peterborough (OHL) 1 2.17%
D Anthony Deangelo, Sarnia (OHL) 2 4.35%
G Thatcher Demko, Boston College (NCAA) 1 2.17%
D Jack Dougherty, USNTDP (USHL) 3 6.52%
D Julius Honka, Swift Current (WHL) 10 21.74%
C/LW Vladimir Kamenev, Metallurg Magnitogorsk (RUS) 1 2.17%
LW Brendan Lemieux, Barrie (OHL) 8 17.39%
C Ryan MacInnis, Kitchener (OHL) 1 2.17%
D Dominik Masin, Slavia Praha (CZE) 0 0%
D Roland McKeown, Kingston (OHL) 13 28.26%
D Marcus Pettersson, Skellefteć (SWE) 0 0%
C Brayden Point, Moose Jaw (WHL) 0 0%
LW Brett Pollock, Edmonton (WHL) 0 0%
C John Quenneville, Brandon (WHL) 5 10.87%
C/RW Jakub Vrana, Linkopings (SWE) 1 2.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old
06-27-2014, 12:36 AM
Knight of the Realm
Only in Blowouts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I have us drafting Lemieux if McKeown or Quinny aren't available when we draft. I like Lems play allot. I think we will be moving up to go after Kempe but it all depends.

I can't see Honka Honka Honka falling to us but if he did it would be an absolute steal. He would be an upgrade to VV in a few years if he can continue his exceptional development as he progresses up to the NHL.

Vrana has a few issues imo but Honka has been a fav of mine for a while now.
Have you been hearing about Kempe TG or is that more of a gut feeling?

Knight of the Realm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 03:27 AM
Holden Caulfield
The Eternal Skeptic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
Hopefully in the real draft Dylan Larkin falls a few spots to the Kings.

But in reality US college players IMO are usually undervalued on this site, I think he ends up on SJ if he makes it past the Wings, and yeah speaking of SJ not crazy about their pick, a lot of people including our buddy fearthefin have the Sharks taking Sonny Milano, who had a huge year for the NTDP and will be at BC in the fall.

Sorry, I'm more biased to college players than TG is to 67's players
A FEW spots? Larkin is my #1 target for the Jets at #9, I think it will take more than a few spots for him to fall to 29.

Quote:
I have us drafting Lemieux if McKeown or Quinny aren't available when we draft. I like Lems play allot. I think we will be moving up to go after Kempe but it all depends.

I can't see Honka Honka Honka falling to us but if he did it would be an absolute steal. He would be an upgrade to VV in a few years if he can continue his exceptional development as he progresses up to the NHL.

Honka is my #2 D in this draft. I've been super impressed every time I watch him play. Vrana rates slightly higher on my list, but the whole 7-19 range in the draft is very close for me, so I'd be ecstatic with either at 29 for the Kings. And for the people talking Kempe to the Kings, that's my #2 target for the Jets at #9, #9 on my list. I'd be shocked if he is still available for the Kings.

Holden Caulfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 05:20 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
Last few days Kempe is player I read about aloz. From everything I found-his frame, style of play, character- spells Kings to me. Somebody had good comparison in Kopitar lite.

Did Dean and his staff ever drafted anybody from Sweden? With their draft history I could see Detroit and Columbus interested in him. Kings would need to move pretty high to grab him.
The Kings drafted Schumacher a few years ago. Moller is Swedish as well, but he already was playing in the WHL.

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 08:26 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by King'sPawn View Post
The Kings drafted Schumacher a few years ago. Moller is Swedish as well, but he already was playing in the WHL.
In other words, few and far between.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 08:46 AM
Hatter
Microagression King

Doughty headmans to Dougherty who drops it back to Doughty who brings it across center ice and dumps it in the corner. Dougherty is there first working along the boards and kicks it free and doughty picks it up turning and stick handling back to the blue line cycles it back down to Dougherty who brings it back up to the blue line. Dougherty holds on the left point and shovels it over to doughty who passes it back to Dougherty. A sweet little give and go. Dougherty passes back to doughty who SHOOTS. PAD SAVE. REBOUND DOUGHERTY SCOOOOOOOOOOOORE!

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 08:51 AM
Captain Mittens*
Catquistador

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
Doughty headmans to Dougherty who drops it back to Doughty who brings it across center ice and dumps it in the corner. Dougherty is there first working along the boards and kicks it free and doughty picks it up turning and stick handling back to the blue line cycles it back down to Dougherty who brings it back up to the blue line. Dougherty holds on the left point and shovels it over to doughty who passes it back to Dougherty. A sweet little give and go. Dougherty passes back to doughty who SHOOTS. PAD SAVE. REBOUND DOUGHERTY SCOOOOOOOOOOOORE!
I want to change my vote to Hatter

Captain Mittens* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 10:38 AM
Ollie Weeks
First In, Last Out

Kempe sounds fantastic, but I selected the more realistic target in McKeown.

Ollie Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden Caulfield View Post
A FEW spots? Larkin is my #1 target for the Jets at #9, I think it will take more than a few spots for him to fall to 29.
Well he somehow fell to 26 in this mock, so that's why I mentioned it. There is usually a bias against US College/college bound players in mock drafts on this forum, so it doesn't surprise me that he somehow fell that low in this mock draft. As I said in the later post, I don't see him getting by Detroit at 15 and even if he tumbles more SJ would snatch him at 20.

Whoever they get, hopefully Winnipeg gets another good one at 9, still can't believe that you guys got Trouba that low two years ago, 7th defenseman taken, lol that was criminal, that will be looked back at like the Kopitar pick.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 10:52 AM
KingCanadain1976

LW Brendan Lemieux, Barrie (OHL),D Jack Dougherty, USNTDP (USHL).ryan Macinnis or D Roland McKeown, Kingston (OHL) any of them and I'm happy

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 02:16 PM
Leafed

Final results!

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1697411

Leafed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 09:34 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:

We spent more time interviewing Kempe from top to bottom then any other player. We even spoke to him again today. One of the top character kids in the draft who plays our style of hockey already. He will need time to develop but the kid can play.

That is why I thought he was our guy this year. I had heard that we loved the kid. Looks like we got our man.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 09:45 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
We spent more time interviewing Kempe from top to bottom then any other player. We even spoke to him again today. One of the top character kids in the draft who plays our style of hockey already. He will need time to develop but the kid can play.

That is why I thought he was our guy this year. I had heard that we loved the kid. Looks like we got our man.
Great call TG! So glad Kempe is a King! Go to the Kempe thread and post about him.

Peter James Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 09:51 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by guderian View Post
Last few days Kempe is player I read about aloz. From everything I found-his frame, style of play, character- spells Kings to me. Somebody had good comparison in Kopitar lite.

Did Dean and his staff ever drafted anybody from Sweden? With their draft history I could see Detroit and Columbus interested in him. Kings would need to move pretty high to grab him.
Here's the guy who actually called on Kempe.

Great call my friend!

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 12:09 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Black1963 View Post
Here's the guy who actually called on Kempe.

Great call my friend!
um....

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 12:14 AM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 50
Quote:
um....
Oh, you too.

Nah, I didn't see your post on Kempe, until I posted the other quote. By then, I figured wt*...

Hey, but kudos for the call. You even had the possible trade up correct.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:02 AM
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14

The best thing about this poll is that Ducks fans wanted him!

CTKingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:03 AM
kingsfan
Yes my liege!

Quote:

TSN said he's comparable to Jeff Carter. What's your take?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 01:06 AM
damacles1156

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
TSN said he's comparable to Jeff Carter. What's your take?
My two cents.

Plays the game like Landeskog, Just not as skilled. Awesome Skater, skates extremely well loads of speed.

Big frame like Landeskog too, not afraid of corner or board work will hit people.

Not a typical Swed player, more of a North American game. Good pick by the Kings.

He is just a few years off, like Forbort was. This kid reminds me of Jannik Hansen.

Haven't seen the kid live, pretty sure TG has.

I am still a little shocked the Kings didn't take Roland McKeown. Seen the kid play a lot, screams LA King.

Last edited by damacles1156: 06-28-2014 at 01:12 AM.
damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 08:12 AM
guderian

Kempe is fantastic pick, especialy as 29th pick. I really don't get it why or how Kings got him, kid is 17 and he played with men all season showing he is there for a reason, hell he had better numbers than Kopi at that age.
Most of the posters that have some knowledge(wich I have not) about prospects and draft had this kid much higher, maybe Tampa and Islanders "gave" us chance to pick him?

Let's now trade up and get Mckeown

guderian is offline   Reply With Quote