HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Flyers wanting revenge on Orr?

Old
03-31-2007, 11:12 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Ok? Than you should go and tell the Devils broadcasters who felt it should've been mentioned at the time. Don't explain yourself to me, as I'm just passing on what they said.
..and we're passing along the context of what was said instead of soem whisper down the lane

Cote responding to a question by some beat reporters a few days ago came out and said that he's hoping to go with both Janssen and Orr this weekend, nothing more nothing less.

The team, organization and Fedoruk all said afterwards that what happened was part of the game, two guys going toe-to-toe and Fedoruk got caught with a big punch. It happens and will continue to happen, especially as the size and strength of enforces has continued to grow over the last 30 years. This is no longer guy that are 5'10 - 6'1 180 - 205 lbs. thowing punches, it's often guys 6'2 - 6'5 and 220 - 250 lbs. throwing haymakers, more and more guys will be injured and have their lights turned out in a fight than in years past.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:13 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
This game is huge, and I think the X-Factor will be Sean Avery. When you have games where a team is out of it and will take liberties with your players, you need a guy to throw the opposition off of its game. I except Avery to stand right on the top of that crease, and have guys like Hatcher and Gauthier heading to the box more often than not. From the Devs broadcast as previously mentioned, they did say that 'some of the Flyers' want to go after Colton Orr. Avery can attract more attention away from Orr and at the same time draw numerous penalties.

Did anyone hear what the lines are going to be like tonight? Sam said that Isbister will be playing on the top line. Any guess of who will be out? I think either Prucha or Callahan for some reason.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:14 AM
RangerSteve

Send a message via MSN to RangerSteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
..and we're passing along the context of what was said instead of soem whisper down the lane

Cote responding to a question by some beat reporters a few days ago came out and said that he's hoping to go with both Janssen and Orr this weekend, nothing more nothing less.

The team, organization and Fedoruk all said afterwards that what happened was part of the game, two guys going toe-to-toe and Fedoruk got caught with a big punch. It happens and will continue to happen, especially as the size and strength of enforces has continued to grow over the last 30 years. This is no longer guy that are 5'10 - 6'1 180 - 205 lbs. thowing punches, it's often guys 6'2 - 6'5 and 220 - 250 lbs. throwing haymakers, more and more guys will be injured and have their lights turned out in a fight than in years past.
If they want to go, let'em go. I agree there was nothing dirty about that fight and the same could happen/might happen to Colton Orr later tonight. Hopefully Fedoruk can recover to continue his career and if so, stop fighting!!! The guy has guts but use that thing on top of your shoulders.

RangerSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:35 AM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post

And like I said, blame the Devils announcers for apparently giving misinformation, but they made it a point that the Flyers organization was basically sending Cote after Orr. I'm repeating what was said. Nothing more, nothing less.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:41 AM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
And like I said, blame the Devils announcers for apparently giving misinformation, but they made it a point that the Flyers organization was basically sending Cote after Orr. I'm repeating what was said. Nothing more, nothing less.
If the Flyers truy cared about going after Orr they would have brought up someone differenet from the Phantoms. They have bigger better fighters down there than Cote, who would be an underdog against Orr.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:42 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandre_Daigle View Post
talk about high hits on Jagr, but you don't point to any-the time he got tattooed by Fedoruk 2 games ago, that was late but not high.
it was a forearm to the head, if that's not a high hit, what is?

and it wasn't a late hit because Jagr never touched the puck.

Quote:
If you want to talk late and high, I mean, Orr was elbowing Sanderson in the head well after the play last time the 2 teams met, what do you call that?
continuous revenge.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 01:53 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
there's a fine line between respectable hockey player and Dale Purinton. while I'm a fan of what Dale brings, I don't think Orr wants to cross that line.

if Philly wants to focus their cheapshots on Orr instead of Jagr, I'm definetly game.

Maybe he can even fake glove drop, take dives, and run the goalie also...

I agree...Purinton is gone, and the team is better becuase of it. No place in hockey for all of the aforementioned. I'll take an honest enforcer like Orr anyday over a Dale Purinton.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:32 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
Maybe he can even fake glove drop, take dives, and run the goalie also...

I agree...Purinton is gone, and the team is better becuase of it. No place in hockey for all of the aforementioned. I'll take an honest enforcer like Orr anyday over a Dale Purinton.

we got Purinton teaching our kids in Harford, that is a bad sign I feel bad for dman taking tips from him.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:34 PM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by in the hall View Post
too funny how orr gets all this respect from ranger fans all of a sudden.. he knocked out a guy made out of glass.. he is still a bad fighter
What did he do to Janssen about a month ago??? Remember?????

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 02:40 PM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
Orr is not a great fighter...YET. he needs to work on his balance, and his left hand. his right hand is downright devastating, but hes got no left (just uses it to clutch, not helpful if his right hand is taken away, then he just takes a beating). once he gets those 2 down, and i think he will, this guy will turn into an elite fighter. id rank him below most of the guys mentioned right now (boogard, brashear, laraque, etc)
Ask Janssen about Orr's left.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:00 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
Let's hope the Rangers coaches have a talk with Orr before the game and remind him how important this game is. Let the Flyers take stupid penalties that we can capitalize on. If he wants to drop the gloves in the third when we're up by 3 go for it.
Otherwise he can't drop em?

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:02 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
I say let Orr turtle away. Give us the 7 minute powerplay while their guy drops the gloves and fights Orr while he has no interest. We are fighting for the playoffs...7 minute powerplay or Orr getting into a fight? Pretty simple if you ask me.
7 minute powerplay? what? are you ok?

Old
03-31-2007, 03:03 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...7-1322571.html

read his comments on the bottom. it could get nasty

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:04 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
I'd actually put Boogaard a notch above Orr even though Orr has broken his nose and beat him in the past. Boogaard is just so overly big and strong now it seems.

Also would put Laraque above Orr and Brashear only slightly now.

Everyone else I think Orr can beat on most nights.
I'd put the following above Orr:
Parros, Koci, King, Boogaard, McGrattan, Brashear, Laraque

Old
03-31-2007, 03:09 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner View Post
orr is still a so-so fighter.... orr fighting cote and all the other bs should not be the rangers focus going into this game...... just get the two points and get outta philly....
still? Funny thing is he never was a so-so fighter

Old
03-31-2007, 03:10 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Parros, Koci, King, No way the others I agree. But Parros Koci and KING can't punch with him nor have the balance.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:21 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Parros, Koci, King, No way the others I agree. But Parros Koci and KING can't punch with him nor have the balance.
Sure they do man...

also...

I'm not sure why everyone is worried here. Philly is in last place and pissed...good...why not have a physical game

Old
03-31-2007, 03:27 PM
VJ Rangerfan

Send a message via AIM to VJ Rangerfan
Orr shouldn't have any trouble with Cote, if anything he should be looking for Eager, as Eager was the one running people last game. If we're to win this it we'll have to work real hard, take the hard hits, and work the PP. We know Philly's going to be running around like animals. Lets just hope the refs keep their eyes OPEN....

LGR

VJ Rangerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 03:48 PM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

WOW! I can't believe this thread. It's the Flyers vs Rangers, not Hannibal Lector vs Little Bo Peep. If Riley Cote fights Orr, isn't that what both of them are supposed to do? The big bad dangerous Flyers? Don't you guys have Avery, Orr, Hollweg? Right, they're finesse players.

Maybe some of you guys should switch to baseball, or knitting. Enjoy the game, and quit trying to make it into some special ops cloak and dagger conspiracy theory. It's just a hockey game.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:06 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan View Post
WOW! I can't believe this thread. It's the Flyers vs Rangers, not Hannibal Lector vs Little Bo Peep. If Riley Cote fights Orr, isn't that what both of them are supposed to do? The big bad dangerous Flyers? Don't you guys have Avery, Orr, Hollweg? Right, they're finesse players.

Maybe some of you guys should switch to baseball, or knitting. Enjoy the game, and quit trying to make it into some special ops cloak and dagger conspiracy theory. It's just a hockey game.
what are you talking about? who has a problem with Cote fighting Orr?

Old
03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
what are you talking about? who has a problem with Cote fighting Orr?
He was expressing confusion at the novelty you think nasty hockey holds. I don't think many teams in the league know how to do "tough" as well as the Flyers, I guess. Anaheim is pretty good at it, but I think you guys are having a hard time comprehending the concept of physical, nasty hockey-it's not always a revenge thing, there aren't often carried motives. One of the nastiest games we've ever played was that one 3 years ago against the Sens, and all that started with what, 5 minutes left in the game? They might fight, there might be some revenge stuff going on...there might not. It happens.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:58 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
He was expressing confusion at the novelty you think nasty hockey holds. I don't think many teams in the league know how to do "tough" as well as the Flyers, I guess. Anaheim is pretty good at it, but I think you guys are having a hard time comprehending the concept of physical, nasty hockey-it's not always a revenge thing, there aren't often carried motives. One of the nastiest games we've ever played was that one 3 years ago against the Sens, and all that started with what, 5 minutes left in the game? They might fight, there might be some revenge stuff going on...there might not. It happens.
we like the concept of nasty hockey. Fedoruk takes a run at Jagr, Orr ends Fedoruk's career, it works for us.

Flyers fans seem to make it a habit of refuting points that were never made, and I can't quite figure out why. I've never really seen anything like it among other fanbases.

Old
03-31-2007, 04:59 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phlyerphan View Post

well said

Old
03-31-2007, 05:01 PM
COMCASTMONEY
pay ya cable bills.

Quote:
we like the concept of nasty hockey. Fedoruk takes a run at Jagr, Orr ends Fedoruk's career, it works for us.

Flyers fans seem to make it a habit of refuting points that were never made, and I can't quite figure out why. I've never really seen anything like it among other fanbases.
I think you guys made that point by stretching this thread to 4 pages. Read Phlyerphan's post.

COMCASTMONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:14 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
I think you guys made that point by stretching this thread to 4 pages. Read Phlyerphan's post.
no one is upset about Cote fighting Orr. some people are confused as to why there would have to be retribution for a good clean fight, but no one is overly worried about the two squaring off.