HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tough guy

Old
06-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vokiel View Post
I think moving Moen would be a must yes.

I just don't see the habs signing a defense man to play the role of a forward enforcer with a plan to get rid of another respected forward in the locker room in the following weeks. It's seems unlikely.

How about first get something for Moen, then we'll see if Engelland wants in? (Or just sign Engelland instead of Weaver)
I don't think Moen has a seat right now, unless MB can't add a top 6 RW and retain Gionta/get a UFA RW.

The ideal situation is Bournival Prust White Weise are in the mix on the 4th line but first there are two holes in the top 9 that need to be filled.

You also have the Bourque and Briere situations, neither is really a good fit on the 4th line.

Wether it's Engelland or somebody else, I think MB will want a 13/14th F that is a true HW like Parros.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 03:30 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corncob View Post
Well, of course that's what most normal people think. But if you don't have one dressed for game one, why would you dress him for an elimination game in the conference finals, which is where you started.

But we did have one under contract when the events that you referenced against the Bruins and Rangers happened. You can't say stuff like "did you like to see the bruins going after our forwards at the end of losing games as we stood around ? did you like the dorsett headbutt where all we did was throw up our hands like a bunch of freaking soccer players ?" as a justification for signing a goon when we already had Parros under contract. He just wasn't anywhere near good enough to be given a place in the team to influence those events.

That's actually a better anti-goon argument than it is a pro-goon one.
having an enforcer is not like having a souped up delorean, you can go back in time to prevent things that already happened.

and you didnt answer the question, did you like seeing iginla and lucic double team our players ? Do you like the idea that the habs are so tissue soft that players like lucic think that they can threaten the habs in the handshake line and no one says, or will say boo ?

I'm a big fan of if players like dorsett want to get handsy or headbutt players we have someone like prust to punch him in the face repeatedly. That guy is not mike weaver., its sure as hell isn't our top 6, the top two pairings on defense or pretty much anyone not named brandon prust. Sometimes prust is enough, sometimes he's not. in the times hes not, saying " good luck" as you send him to a beating is a bad way to run a team.

again, with a guy like parros you cant stop incident A but you have a pretty good chance that it doesnt repeat or escalate. and if you are advocating that our undersized forwards simply have to get used to being ragdolled by bigger players then we get precisely what we deserve.

sandysan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 03:33 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I don't think Moen has a seat right now, unless MB can't add a top 6 RW and retain Gionta/get a UFA RW.

The ideal situation is Bournival Prust White Weise are in the mix on the 4th line but first there are two holes in the top 9 that need to be filled.

You also have the Bourque and Briere situations, neither is really a good fit on the 4th line.

Wether it's Engelland or somebody else, I think MB will want a 13/14th F that is a true HW like Parros.
one can only hope.

and based on the playoffs I'm not sure exactly where ryan white fits in going forward as it seems hes perpetually one bad penalty away from being run out of town.

Old
06-24-2014, 04:02 PM
Corncob

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post
and you didnt answer the question, did you like seeing iginla and lucic double team our players ? Do you like the idea that the habs are so tissue soft that players like lucic think that they can threaten the habs in the handshake line and no one says, or will say boo ?
It doesn't matter whether I like it or not as you don't have an answer to it. The answer can't be 'sign an enforcer' as we already had one under contract at the time and they still happened.

Although to be honest, I do actually quite enjoy watching the Bruins throw their toys out of the pram because we're beating them yet again....

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 04:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
one can only hope.

and based on the playoffs I'm not sure exactly where ryan white fits in going forward as it seems hes perpetually one bad penalty away from being run out of town.
White is another guy that could be moved with Weise coming in, but I would prefer moving Briere and Moen and using White as #4 C.

Old
06-24-2014, 04:19 PM
sandysan

Quote:
White is another guy that could be moved with Weise coming in, but I would prefer moving Briere and Moen and using White as #4 C.
briere has a ntc/nmc that he wont likely waive IMO ( i think we disscussed this before). And this is coming for someone who is generally down with any scenario that makes briere someone else responsibility.

I like white a lot, but the role he plays is getting pretty crowded and I dont want to keep him as the depth/pressbox guy because I think he could play more somewhere else.

Old
06-24-2014, 04:25 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
briere has a ntc/nmc that he wont likely waive IMO ( i think we disscussed this before). And this is coming for someone who is generally down with any scenario that makes briere someone else responsibility.

I like white a lot, but the role he plays is getting pretty crowded and I dont want to keep him as the depth/pressbox guy because I think he could play more somewhere else.
I'm sure Briere is tired of the 4th line. If you tell him you can't promise him top 9, I'm sure he'd be open to a trade.

Old
06-24-2014, 04:33 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Quote:
I'm sure Briere is tired of the 4th line. If you tell him you can't promise him top 9, I'm sure he'd be open to a trade.
The problem isn't whether Brière is open to a trade, it's whether another team wants him. I don't think any team would claim him off waivers. That's a bad start.

vokiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 05:30 PM
Adam Spylo

Engelland would be a nice addition. I would also trade Gorges and a mid-level prospect or pick ofr Bouwer and Erskine.

Adam Spylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 06:06 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

Would there be any interest for B.J. Crombeen? The guy isn't the best fighter out there, but he's a tough customer by any standards.

Anyway we can get Tampa interested? Specifically for one of our own bottom sixer.

Old
06-24-2014, 06:08 PM
bud12

Quote:
Would there be any interest for B.J. Crombeen? The guy isn't the best fighter out there, but he's a tough customer by any standards.

Anyway we can get Tampa interested? Specifically for one of our own bottom sixer.
no....Crombeen suck

bud12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 06:13 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
The problem isn't whether Brière is open to a trade, it's whether another team wants him. I don't think any team would claim him off waivers. That's a bad start.
I'm sure Buffalo would want him and he probably would go there.

Worst case we eat 1 to 1.5 mil and free up 2.5-3 mil against the cap next year.

Old
06-24-2014, 06:24 PM
boynickname

Quote:
I'm sure Buffalo would want him and he probably would go there.

Worst case we eat 1 to 1.5 mil and free up 2.5-3 mil against the cap next year.
I think that would be good for Buffalo...he was really like there and would help them sell a few more tickets for this coming season. Does anyone know if Buf has a problem this year making the salary cap floor?

boynickname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-24-2014, 06:27 PM
FireBergevin
IchBinEin Auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by boynickname View Post
I think that would be good for Buffalo...he was really like there and would help them sell a few more tickets for this coming season. Does anyone know if Buf has a problem this year making the salary cap floor?
Yes, they need to take on a few 4m contracts just to reach the cap floor.

FireBergevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-27-2014, 06:48 PM
vokiel
I hate blind passes

1 less tough guy in the East with Dorset heading to Vancouver.

Old
06-27-2014, 07:13 PM
sandysan

Quote:
Dorsett is not a tough guy that scares real enforcers. He's like prust, but worse.

Old
06-27-2014, 07:15 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Not sure he was ever 'tough' enough to warrant being relieved that he's out of the conference

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Corncob

I'm relieved that Dorsett is out of the East. Not because he's tough, but because he's always likely to injure someone...

Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote