HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

GDT | Rangers @ Flyers | March 31st | 7:05

Old
03-31-2007, 09:23 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

vCash: 500
Jagr NEEDS an Isbister on his opposite wing. Hossa was better but that kind of size and hustle breaks up some ice for Jagr to do his thing.

I say keep Isbi until Hossa returns.

03-31-2007, 09:30 PM
abooch1*

Did Henrik seem tired tonight?

He seemed tired to me tonight..maybe hes saving his energy for tomorrow? i hope so.. he didn't play bad tough.. most of the goals were deflected

abooch1* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
ThirdEye

I think only one of the goals were deflected, but the others weren't really his fault either. He did look a little off today, but you can't expect him to have a 1 goal against game everyday. Those were pretty much just the days were everything went right.

As long as we keep winning it's alright. Look at it this way, we still probably have the best goaltender out of any of the teams battling for the playoffs right now. I wouldn't get too worried

ThirdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:48 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he was not sharp at all tonight, he couldnt control pucks, was giving up monster rebounds, had trouble seeing a ton of shots. not sure whats going on with him.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 09:50 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by abooch1 View Post
He seemed tired to me tonight..maybe hes saving his energy for tomorrow? i hope so.. he didn't play bad tough.. most of the goals were deflected
Nope, didnt seem tired to me.

Faced 37 shots, didn't give up any softies, and played pretty a solid game with lots of traffic in front of him all night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
he was not sharp at all tonight, he couldnt control pucks, was giving up monster rebounds, had trouble seeing a ton of shots. not sure whats going on with him.
Hard to see pucks when the other teams gameplan is to put bodies in front of him.

He was a little shakey vs Montreal, but he was fine tonight. I really think people are expecting him to play like god every night, so the night he plays only average its turns into him "too tired" "not sharp"...

And don't start calling me a fan boy of Lundqvist, I was the first person in the Hab GDT that was yelling for Renney to pull Lundqvist after the 3rd goal because it was obvious he was off his game.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:21 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

So...anyone think Rosie won't be able to go tomorrow? He had a nice gash next to his right eye and when he wakes up tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if his eye is swollen shut. Might force Renney to dress Tyutins tomorrow if he was on the bubble whether or not to play him.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:26 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine88 View Post
So...anyone think Rosie won't be able to go tomorrow? He had a nice gash next to his right eye and when he wakes up tomorrow I wouldn't be surprised if his eye is swollen shut. Might force Renney to dress Tyutins tomorrow if he was on the bubble whether or not to play him.
if he has one eye, I'd still play him.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:39 PM
Sorry

You guys are lucky to have Jagr. This is me after i found out he was traded from the Pens;

Attachment 22497

This is me when i found out what we got for him;

Attachment 22498

Last edited by Sorry: 04-01-2007 at 01:30 AM.
Sorry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:41 PM
NYRMatt

Good game tonight for the Rangers.

But that Hollweg empty netter was horrible.

Anyway, we won this one. But were coming right back into it tommorow. Lundqvist better pick up his game after these last 2.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 10:55 PM
McDonagh27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreck Gar View Post
You guys are lucky to have Jagr. This is me after i found out he was traded from the Pens;

Attachment 22497

This is me when i found out what we got for him;

Attachment 22498
Haha.. thats Gold Jerry, GOLD! lol

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:03 PM
McDonagh27

Telling quotre from Henke

"It happens," Lundqvist said. "I'm kind of used to it now. It's happened a lot this year. We kept battling even though they got some weird goals, rebounds, and deflections."

I'm wondering if he's taking shots at his fellow Ranger, Marek "GWG" Malik?

McDonagh27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:13 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoothepuck View Post
Eager looks like he's eager to get punched in the mouth
but didn't

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:32 PM
RedLightDistrict

Every night i'm out, the Rangers win a big game, by a big score...Something tells me i should close my account...We may just have a shot at the Cup.

RedLightDistrict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:42 PM
Balej20*

Rangers have to tighten up defensively quickly.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 11:58 PM
Whoot Whoot
Biased-NYR-Homer

I missed the game, how could Eager have scored 2x? Isn't he mostly a goon type player? Glad we won! Go rangers!

Whoot Whoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:51 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
I missed the game, how could Eager have scored 2x? Isn't he mostly a goon type player? Glad we won! Go rangers!
One goal was put in the net by Hollweg, Eager happened to be the last guy to touch it.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:20 AM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Just got back from the game. It was fun to see an offensive-style game like that, but let this not be the norm. Henrik has looked a little shaky the past two games (although he did make 33 saves) so hopefully against the Leafs we will regain our defensive mindset to go down the stretch.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:21 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Rangers have to tighten up defensively quickly.
Well, they did clamp down in the 3rd. Hopefully that carries over to tomorrow. Speaking of tomorrow, it's 2:22am on game day and there's still no GDT. what gives? Come on FLY, you're 6 in a row now...go make it 7!

Last edited by broadwayblue: 04-01-2007 at 01:32 AM.
broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:46 AM
GarretJoseph*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
if he has one eye, I'd still play him.
He must be a spartan. ;-)

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:12 AM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whoot Whoot View Post
The thing with Eager is that if he actually concentrated on playing the game instead of running around acting like a goon, he could turn into a pretty decent power forward. He's got better than average skills and a lot of quickness, combined with his size, you never know what he could accomplish.

Yeah the second goal was a fluke, the first goal was a nice power move and if he did more of that, he'd be scoring more and less people would ask the question "how the hell did Eager score?".

Trouble is, I think he likes being a goon (probably because the fans adore him for it).

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:55 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm in a Teacup View Post
The thing with Eager is that if he actually concentrated on playing the game instead of running around acting like a goon, he could turn into a pretty decent power forward. He's got better than average skills and a lot of quickness, combined with his size, you never know what he could accomplish.

Yeah the second goal was a fluke, the first goal was a nice power move and if he did more of that, he'd be scoring more and less people would ask the question "how the hell did Eager score?".

Trouble is, I think he likes being a goon (probably because the fans adore him for it).

well Ben Eager was a first round pick so I would think he has some skill, but Scott Parker was also a first round pick. I doubt teams would use their first round pick on just a goon.

BDubinskyNYR17* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 03:49 AM
Captain11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrstrakanylander View Post
"It happens," Lundqvist said. "I'm kind of used to it now. It's happened a lot this year. We kept battling even though they got some weird goals, rebounds, and deflections."

I'm wondering if he's taking shots at his fellow Ranger, Marek "GWG" Malik?
Truly doubt thats what he meant. I think he was just being realistic with what has happened this year

Captain11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 05:02 AM
XploD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftyutin51 View Post
Zdeno Chara is bigger, he skates a lot better then Malik. That 10% is usually Malik costing the team a goal or a penalty. He does not take the body- how many hits have we seen him throw? Shanny is 38 years old, he throws more hits then Malik. How many games have we seen Malik fail to clear the crease or take his man? How many games have Malik played where there is more then 1 time he takes a stupid, lazy penalty? TOO MANY.

Its "those", not "thoose" and "isn't", not "aren't" "A lot" "has" "mistakes" btw
It's "than", not "then" and "it's", not "its".

XploD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 05:58 AM
Fletch

Cycle...

Jags may need an 'Isbister' on his left wing, but should Isbister be on his left wing? 15 games, three points for Brad - is that what this team should be getting from its top winger? Is there a way to make the lineup whereby Shanny's on Jagr's left and someone like Dawes is called up? Or Dubinsky is called up and Avery moved to the left? Shanny's not scoring now and needs a boost and I'm sure he's just as good as Isbister.

I will also note that Prucha did very well on Jagr's left last season. Again, not a long-term solution, but we're not looking long-term currently.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 06:19 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Jags may need an 'Isbister' on his left wing, but should Isbister be on his left wing? 15 games, three points for Brad - is that what this team should be getting from its top winger? Is there a way to make the lineup whereby Shanny's on Jagr's left and someone like Dawes is called up? Or Dubinsky is called up and Avery moved to the left? Shanny's not scoring now and needs a boost and I'm sure he's just as good as Isbister.

I will also note that Prucha did very well on Jagr's left last season. Again, not a long-term solution, but we're not looking long-term currently.
I agree, I don't think its as much that JJ needs Isbister though, but that our 2nd and 3rd needed more talent. Even if Straka isn't scoring, he can defenitly lift guys like Avery and Callhan somewhat. Or he atleast could do that against Philly.

I thought Straka and Prucha looked good together the few shifts they got together last night, Id like Renney to explore more what those two can bring 5 on 5, with a Ortmayer or Callahan on their right. Prucha never really gets a chance to play with someone who thinks like him, but not necessary run the show all by themselfs (like JJ and Nyls).

Shanny-Nyls-JJ
Avery-Cullen-Callahan
Prucha-Straka-Ortmayer

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote