HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Flyers wanting revenge on Orr?

Old
03-31-2007, 05:15 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Sure they do man...

also...

I'm not sure why everyone is worried here. Philly is in last place and pissed...good...why not have a physical game
Koci can hardly stand, dude. No way does he have the balance to go with anyone, really. Josh Gratton tuned him up in one of their fights.

Koci is good, but Orr is definitely a level above him. Same with Parros. I just think Orr can out-fight Parros.

ECL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:16 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
no one is upset about Cote fighting Orr. some people are confused as to why there would have to be retribution for a good clean fight, but no one is overly worried about the two squaring off.
Bingo. I'd love to see the two fight. Just no idea why the Flyers had to talk about this prior to somehow make it something it's not.

Old
03-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Orr would handle Cote...

The only fighter in that whole organization that could even hang with Orr is probably Grenier. And that is because of his size mainly.
Orr beat Grenier easily (in the AHL) during the lockout when both were with different organizations.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:25 PM
cringer

I thought I was smokin crack when I read this.

F Cote whoever he is. We need 2 points very badly remember? If Orr or anyone else fights they fight, but we cannot take extra penalties over some nonsense... this game is way too critical. Tomorrow night we have Toronto who sits 2 points behind us in 9th place. Tonight is huge.

The flyers are the worst most pathetic team in the NHL. We play our "A" game they will fold like a cheap suit.

We're on 3 nights rest coming off a loss... Get in there get 2 points and get out... No other distractions from that.

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
Koci can hardly stand, dude. No way does he have the balance to go with anyone, really. Josh Gratton tuned him up in one of their fights.

Koci is good, but Orr is definitely a level above him. Same with Parros. I just think Orr can out-fight Parros.
Well we simply disagree then

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:35 PM
nyrmessier011

Send a message via AIM to nyrmessier011
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterUnspoken View Post
That's just dumb. No reason for them to goon it up. Fedoruk came out physical, Orr called him on it. It was a fair fight.

If they insist on that kind of game the PP better make them pay for it.
Exactly, I laughed the entire rest of the game after they tried to take runs at Orr. They squared off, and Orr beat the **** out of him, end of story

nyrmessier011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:39 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

They just asked Orr on the pregame what he expects and he said "I don't know...I'm always ready"

Old
03-31-2007, 05:40 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Quote:
Well we simply disagree then
What about either would make you think Orr couldn't last with them? Parros is a mediocre heavyweight. Koci has some of the worst balance in the league. If Koci could get an ounce of balance, he'd be devastating. He can hardly skate upright.

Old
03-31-2007, 05:43 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rx View Post
What about either would make you think Orr couldn't last with them? Parros is a mediocre heavyweight. Koci has some of the worst balance in the league. If Koci could get an ounce of balance, he'd be devastating. He can hardly skate upright.
Koci seems like a monster. Parros to me is one of the better fighters in the league. I do think Orr can handle them though

Old
03-31-2007, 05:46 PM
Colt.45Orr

Quote:
I'd put the following above Orr:
Parros, Koci, King, Boogaard, McGrattan, Brashear, Laraque
Anyone can beat anyone else on any given day... but here is what they have done vs. each other:

Parros --I believe Orr won the first few fights (in the AHL) and Parros the last... Parros has corrected SOME of his balance issues from back then so I don't know how it would go now, but in the AHL Orr would get him off balance to beat him.

King... GREAT fight in the AHL. Orr unoaded on King, split him open pretty good, but Kind is one tough SOB and didn't go down at all.

Koci --Koci is HUGE, but has not been consistant. Would overpower Orr in a wrestling/fight, but if they went toe-to-toe Orr would have him on power and stamina... not to mention an easy win if he got Koci off balance. Watching Koci-Parros was funny as they were 2 HUGE guys with no balance.

McGrattan Amazingly they never fought in the AHL... I believe they are 1-1-1 in the NHL... their first fight showed that Orr can hang with him.

Brashear, Boogaard and Laraque... all these guys have reach and strength on Orr... whatcha going to do. Interestingly, the ONLY guy to beat Boogey and Brash (and drew Laraque) is GODARD... who in turn suffered two HUGE losees to Orr last year. The 225pd Orr would do better against these guys than the faster skating 210pd Orr.

Just my take.

Colt.45Orr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 06:00 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt.45Orr View Post
Anyone can beat anyone else on any given day... but here is what they have done vs. each other:

Parros --I believe Orr won the first few fights (in the AHL) and Parros the last... Parros has corrected SOME of his balance issues from back then so I don't know how it would go now, but in the AHL Orr would get him off balance to beat him.

King... GREAT fight in the AHL. Orr unoaded on King, split him open pretty good, but Kind is one tough SOB and didn't go down at all.

Koci --Koci is HUGE, but has not been consistant. Would overpower Orr in a wrestling/fight, but if they went toe-to-toe Orr would have him on power and stamina... not to mention an easy win if he got Koci off balance. Watching Koci-Parros was funny as they were 2 HUGE guys with no balance.

McGrattan Amazingly they never fought in the AHL... I believe they are 1-1-1 in the NHL... their first fight showed that Orr can hang with him.

Brashear, Boogaard and Laraque... all these guys have reach and strength on Orr... whatcha going to do. Interestingly, the ONLY guy to beat Boogey and Brash (and drew Laraque) is GODARD... who in turn suffered two HUGE losees to Orr last year. The 225pd Orr would do better against these guys than the faster skating 210pd Orr.

Just my take.
Fantastic recap. Orr is a much better fighter then he was 3 months ago. You need to play daily to get better and it is true with fighters you need to fight regularly to stay shape and playing every game has helped him.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 11:50 AM
True Blue Bleed Blue

All that for nothing....

Old
04-01-2007, 12:13 PM
broadwayblue

Quote:
All that for nothing....
I wouldn't call 2 points nothing. I'll take the win over a fight any day.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:17 PM
NYROrtsFan

A lot of talk from the Flyers players... Watched the Flyers pre-game even and they made it sound like it was a guarantee.

The only thing i seen on TV was maybe a challenge from Cote, and then Eager faking to drop his gloves in order to get Orr to take a penalty.

And Colt 45, thanks on that Grenier note. Didn't know they had gone before.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:35 PM
cringer

Quote:
The only thing i seen on TV was maybe a challenge from Cote, and then Eager faking to drop his gloves in order to get Orr to take a penalty.
Eager is fake.

cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:38 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
I wouldn't call 2 points nothing. I'll take the win over a fight any day.
Except this thread was all about the revenge and fighting...

Old
04-01-2007, 02:39 PM
John Flyers Fan

Quote:
Eager will go anytime, but he isn't going to drop the gloves first. If he does and gets another instigator he gets tossed from the game and suspended for 5 more games.

Hopefully they change that assinine rule.

John Flyers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Dig Out Your Soul
Ex Storm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan View Post
Eager will go anytime, but he isn't going to drop the gloves first. If he does and gets another instigator he gets tossed from the game and suspended for 5 more games.

Hopefully they change that assinine rule.
He's especially timid about it because at least two of his previous instigators this year weren't even instigating on his behalf. One of them they dropped at the same time and the other his opponent dropped them first.

Dig Out Your Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
Prucha25Graves988*

Thats the first time since watching the NHL that I saw some one get flattened and Ive been watching since 89-90. the first time I actually seen some gfet knocked out by a shot, one pnch. usually ill catch a replay of some otrher game, but i was sitting here watching the game, and was like da,mn, i just saw Orr connect and saw Fedoruk;'s knees buckle, it was a sweet shot to the jaw.

Prucha25Graves988* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:37 PM
a79krgm

Send a message via AIM to a79krgm
Why would the Flyers want revenge on Orr?

Bobby Orr was and is one of the classiest guys every to play.
I think the Flyers are just jealous that they never had a great
defenseman like Orr to play in their orgainization.

Shame on the Flyers/

a79krgm is offline   Reply With Quote