HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Flying Under the Radar Is....

Old
04-01-2007, 11:55 AM
Tikkanen
Pest

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Tikkanen
I think bringing in a #1-2 type LW in the offseason would motivate Frolov. It would be insurance when Frolov hits a cold streak and when Frolov is hot the Kings probably would be as well with the depth. Frolov has had a great start to his career not exactly surrounded by superstar players, I for 1 would like to see what he does on an improved team next season.

Tikkanen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 02:55 PM
Osprey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Excluding Alyn McCauly's 1 goal on 4 shots, Frolov has the highest shooting percentage of any King.
That doesn't mean that he has a good shot, though. Most of his goals are chip shots, tuck-ins or redirections, all from in close. He puts those away very well. That's why his shooting percentage is so high. I, personally, haven't seen him take enough good shots from further out to have much of an opinion on the quality of his shooting.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:02 PM
HellasLEAF
I want Capt'n Crunch

I just really hope that next season the Kings see Kopitar on a line with Frolov

HellasLEAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:08 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellasLEAF View Post
I just really hope that next season the Kings see Kopitar on a line with Frolov
That might make too much sense and Armstrong would have no one to get him his points.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 04:40 PM
RightKinger

I would try to trade Armstrong or put him on the third line with Lundmark and McCauley/Willsie. Leave O'Sullivan as the second line center and put him in between Frolov and Cammalleri. Leave Brown with Kopitar and either add another winger for Kopitar or just call up one of our prospects. So it would be something like this -

Brown-Kopitar-Hartnell/Tukonen

Brown and Kopitar are both good playmakers so a player that is willing to drive to the net and bang in rebounds would be a good addition to the line. Tukonen sounds like a player that might fit in very well with these two. Scott Hartnell would be good as well but I would rather give Tukonen a chance.

Frolov-O'Sullivan-Cammalleri

Frolov and Cammalleri work well together. Frolov is a good passer. He can bang in rebounds and set up goals for both Cammalleri and O'Sullivan. Cammalleri is also a pretty good playmaker and he can create plays for his lineamtes when he has to. O'Sullivan plays just like Cammalleri and he has looked great playing at center the past couple of weeks.

McCauley/Willsie-Armstrong-Lundmark

Armstrong won't be able to play with top 6 forwards but both Lundmark and McCauley/Willsie can put the puck in the net once in a while. Energy line.

Thornton-McCauley/Willsie-Ivanans/Zeiler

RightKinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:45 PM
zeppelin97

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabeechman View Post
Fro has one of the best shots on the team. It's a draw between him and MC. The only time I really notice Fro being at the top of his game is when he is taking his shots. He gets in his passive funks and he opts to pass to a covered man, rather then take an open shot from the slot, and what is when we all bang our fists on the table.

He has the talent as we all know, but he just needs to realize he cant score if he doesn't shoot.
I would agree Frolov has a great shot.

In any case, its hard to score 40 goals with only 189 SOG through 79 games. His problem is the same as it has been in the past. Shooting the ****en puck.

zeppelin97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:48 PM
viking

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftKinger View Post
I would try to trade Armstrong or put him on the third line with Lundmark and McCauley/Willsie. Leave O'Sullivan as the second line center and put him in between Frolov and Cammalleri. Leave Brown with Kopitar and either add another winger for Kopitar or just call up one of our prospects. So it would be something like this -

Brown-Kopitar-Hartnell/Tukonen

Brown and Kopitar are both good playmakers so a player that is willing to drive to the net and bang in rebounds would be a good addition to the line. Tukonen sounds like a player that might fit in very well with these two. Scott Hartnell would be good as well but I would rather give Tukonen a chance.

Frolov-O'Sullivan-Cammalleri

Frolov and Cammalleri work well together. Frolov is a good passer. He can bang in rebounds and set up goals for both Cammalleri and O'Sullivan. Cammalleri is also a pretty good playmaker and he can create plays for his lineamtes when he has to. O'Sullivan plays just like Cammalleri and he has looked great playing at center the past couple of weeks.

McCauley/Willsie-Armstrong-Lundmark

Armstrong won't be able to play with top 6 forwards but both Lundmark and McCauley/Willsie can put the puck in the net once in a while. Energy line.

Thornton-McCauley/Willsie-Ivanans/Zeiler

I'd change it on the first 2 lines to

Frolov- Kopitar - Tukonen/Hartnell

Brown- O'Sullivan- Cammelleri

That way both lines have a scorer/playmaker/ grinder

other than that I like those lines

viking is offline   Reply With Quote