HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

South Florida Visitors - post travel related questions here

Old
03-18-2014, 06:41 PM
darkside flow
nickeleye cool lemon

vCash: 500
Hey Panthers fans..

I'll be attending the April 10 game versus the Leafs and I'd just like a bit of perspective to know how to plan. Thanks for welcoming me and I'm very glad you guys got Luongo! He deserves to play for a team that appreciates him.

1) I'll be staying on Pompano beach and will be arriving there by 4pm on game day. Just wondering how big of a rush I should be in to drive from there to Sunrise and account for time parking and getting to my seats.

2) I've got tickets in Section 134, Row 15 - any opinions? From what I've gathered that should be close enough to the ice but further back in the section to ensure a good view. Am I right that this is sort of behind the visitors bench?

3) Unrelated to the game - I'll be starting my road trip going South for nights in St. Augustine, Cocoa Beach, South Beach, Key Largo and Key West before heading back morning of the 10th to hit up the game. Any suggestions from locals are appreciated.

Good luck this season and in the future - I've got a soft spot for the Panthers and your organization has built a very good young team despite being in a "non-traditional market." <- Hate that term.

darkside flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 06:54 PM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkside flow View Post
Hey Panthers fans..

I'll be attending the April 10 game versus the Leafs and I'd just like a bit of perspective to know how to plan. Thanks for welcoming me and I'm very glad you guys got Luongo! He deserves to play for a team that appreciates him.

1) I'll be staying on Pompano beach and will be arriving there by 4pm on game day. Just wondering how big of a rush I should be in to drive from there to Sunrise and account for time parking and getting to my seats.

2) I've got tickets in Section 134, Row 15 - any opinions? From what I've gathered that should be close enough to the ice but further back in the section to ensure a good view. Am I right that this is sort of behind the visitors bench?

3) Unrelated to the game - I'll be starting my road trip going South for nights in St. Augustine, Cocoa Beach, South Beach, Key Largo and Key West before heading back morning of the 10th to hit up the game. Any suggestions from locals are appreciated.

Good luck this season and in the future - I've got a soft spot for the Panthers and your organization has built a very good young team despite being in a "non-traditional market." <- Hate that term.
1)30 mins

2)the perfect seats

3) great spots

4) be nice when you attend; shake hands with the fans around you, cheer for both teams.

adam graves is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-18-2014, 08:25 PM
darkside flow
nickeleye cool lemon

Appreciate it!

I would call myself the antithesis of the perceived "Leafs fan" so respect for your fans is paramount. Good luck on the game.

darkside flow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
If you're coming from Pompano, I'd just recommend going west on 10th street to the Sawgrass expressway/869 to make the travel a little better. GPS units sometimes will tell you to go to the closest highway and that would add a ton of time to your travel to the arena.

While you're down in the Keys, I'd recommend going to the Sunset Grille in Marathon (just before the 7 mile bridge). I'm actually headed there right now so it's worth the stop.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 12:04 PM
gocbj

tickets for tonight

I come in peace - -

Just in town for Spring Break and looking to go to the game tonight. I've been to the arena a couple of times but I forget if you guys allow scalpers? I can imagine that tickets are going well below face via scalpers..(remember, I am from Columbus so I get it!).

All said, any specific ideas on landing a couple of good seats would be appreciated.

Thanks!

gocbj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2014, 12:07 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocbj View Post
I come in peace - -

Just in town for Spring Break and looking to go to the game tonight. I've been to the arena a couple of times but I forget if you guys allow scalpers? I can imagine that tickets are going well below face via scalpers..(remember, I am from Columbus so I get it!).

All said, any specific ideas on landing a couple of good seats would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Scalpers will be few and far between for this game I think. A better bet would be to use stubhub, tickets are going cheap for this game. If you don't want to do that, I suggest going to the arena, and though it's doubtful, maybe there'll be a scalper, and if there isn't, just buy a ticket from the team, they aren't exactly expensive.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:23 AM
LUUUUUIS
2mins for Panthering

What's the best area at Sawgrass to park for the games?

LUUUUUIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-11-2014, 01:12 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUUUUUIS View Post
What's the best area at Sawgrass to park for the games?
I'd say near the VF Factory Outlet next to The Oasis. There is an entrance/exit to 136 Ave. from there that most people walk down to get to the arena and back.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 02:24 AM
not quite yoda

Hi,

I will be visiting Miami soon. I was wondering if you guys could tell me:
where exactly is "Black Grove" situtated as opposed to Coconut Grove? like streets that mark the boundaries kind of thing.

Thanks

not quite yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2014, 11:28 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by not quite yoda View Post
Hi,

I will be visiting Miami soon. I was wondering if you guys could tell me:
where exactly is "Black Grove" situtated as opposed to Coconut Grove? like streets that mark the boundaries kind of thing.

Thanks
Are you asking what I think you are asking? What are you asking?

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 12:53 AM
RogerBR

Hello. i Will be in Miami from july 18th to 25. Is there some hockey action this time? Thinking also to tAke some days at keywest.

RogerBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-30-2014, 12:09 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBR View Post
Hello. i Will be in Miami from july 18th to 25. Is there some hockey action this time? Thinking also to tAke some days at keywest.
Unfortunately no. If you like baseball, the Miami Marlins play the NY Giants on the 18th, 19th and 20th and the stadium is really nice.
You will have fun in Key West for sure.

Old
05-30-2014, 01:17 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
Unfortunately no. If you like baseball, the Miami Marlins play the NY Giants on the 18th, 19th and 20th and the stadium is really nice.
I think you meant San Francisco Giants, but that's ok They originally were the New York Giants until 1957.

Old
05-30-2014, 01:23 PM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPnthrsPunk View Post
I think you meant San Francisco Giants, but that's ok They originally were the New York Giants until 1957.
Oops, yes I did! I had NFL on the brain I guess.

Old
06-23-2014, 04:45 PM
srt8

woot! pre-season schedule has been announced, and there's a home game when we're there! I'll be there on september 24th just need tickets now lol

srt8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:42 PM
the4thlinegrinder

Hello all,

My family and I will be visiting Florida in January to take in a couple games as well as to explore your state. We will see the Oilers/Panthers game on the 17th, spend a couple nights in south Florida, then head up to Cape Canaveral, over to a Bolts game then to Disney World. What areas should we stay in/ visit in south Florida? Reading this thread it seems that Miami is a bit overrated? I also have read Key West is pretty popular. We are flexible with regard to where we stay the first few nights.

When we go up to JFK Space Center, should we drive straight to it from Miami (looks like we'd take 95 N) or take a different route? I realize we're backtracking by going from Cape Canaveral to Tampa and then to Orlando, but that's how it has worked out given the schedule (my dad is a Canucks fan and they play the Bolts on the 20th). Any areas that are must see along these routes? Any particular highways we should take? Places to avoid? I should mention that we have a 12 year old boy with us.

Thank-you for your help! Congrats on getting Ekblad, good luck next season (except on Jan 17! )and we look forward to visiting your state!

the4thlinegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2014, 10:38 AM
Montsy14

Thinking of making my first trip down in December for the games vs. the Leafs, Habs, Rangers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best area(s) to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area? Would like to be relatively close to the arena, but don't have a problem driving 15-20 minutes either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2014, 01:24 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montsy14 View Post
Thinking of making my first trip down in December for the games vs. the Leafs, Habs, Rangers. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best area(s) to stay in the Fort Lauderdale area? Would like to be relatively close to the arena, but don't have a problem driving 15-20 minutes either.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Most people that come down here to visit stay by the beach, which is only about 20 minutes to the east. There are tons of hotels nearby and many touristy things to do. However, there are some hotels near the arena on Sunrise Blvd. within a mile from the arena. As you probably know, Sawgrass Mills is right across the street from the arena and is the World's Largest Outlet Mall. Just be prepared if you go there that half of the people there are tourists from South America and probably don't know much English.

Old
07-18-2014, 06:48 PM
the4thlinegrinder

Uh oh, now that my Mom knows about Sawgrass Mills she wants to skip the game and go shopping! Speaking of the game, should we buy tickets now that they're on sale or wait until we're there?

the4thlinegrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2014, 12:00 AM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by the4thlinegrinder View Post
Speaking of the game, should we buy tickets now that they're on sale or wait until we're there?
Stubhub is easily your best option. Probably within a few days before the game might be the cheapest.

Old
08-02-2014, 10:51 AM
LightningStrikes

Greetings fellow FL hockey fans! The girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the Florida Panhandle. Anybody ever been there? Any recommendations (beaches, activities, hotels etc.) are greatly appreciated!

Cheers
LS

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2014, 06:25 PM
jol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
Greetings fellow FL hockey fans! The girlfriend and I are planning a trip to the Florida Panhandle. Anybody ever been there? Any recommendations (beaches, activities, hotels etc.) are greatly appreciated!
We were there couple of years ago, stayed in Panama City Beach, then visited Pensacola, second oldest city in North America. It has naval aviation museum, http://www.navalaviationmuseum.org/ . I think they also have ice hockey team.

JOL

jol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-06-2014, 12:38 AM
awfulwaffle

I know this isn't a hockey question, but this is a Dolphins question.

I'm looking to go to a Dolphins game in early December. I'm flying from Phoenix, found round trip with US Airways for less than $400. I don't mess around with tickets, if I go to a game, I want to sit close. Dolphins game here in Arizona I went to I splurged for front row in the end zone, wasn't that expensive though. I know Dolphins don't sell out, so could I find a reasonably priced ticket to the game up front somewhere through somewhere else besides StubHub?

Also, I want to experience the South Beach nightlife while I'm there. I'm not planning on going just for the football game. I want to fly Saturday, maybe take Friday off from work and fly in on a Friday. Are there any hotels in that area that possibly shuttle to and from the games? I know it's a drive, but I"m not planning on renting a car and driving to and from the game. If I'm going to go the game, I'm going to be drinking. I saw there was public transportation that I could take, but a shuttle with a direct route wouldn't be a bad deal either. Any suggestions/tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

awfulwaffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 01:37 PM
cts830

My brother and I just booked a trip down south to see the Isles play the Panthers and Lightning in November. Any suggestions for a nice hotel by the arena? And not to sound totally stalkerish, but any idea where the visiting teams stay?

So psyched to visit! I lived in Coral Springs until 2003. I'll probably be spending more time in Publix than at the pool Miss those subs way too much.

cts830 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-16-2014, 01:47 PM
ucanthanzalthetruth
Kiddin' Around

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by cts830 View Post
My brother and I just booked a trip down south to see the Isles play the Panthers and Lightning in November. Any suggestions for a nice hotel by the arena? And not to sound totally stalkerish, but any idea where the visiting teams stay?

So psyched to visit! I lived in Coral Springs until 2003. I'll probably be spending more time in Publix than at the pool Miss those subs way too much.
There's a bunch of hotels in the area, I've heard good things about the Holiday Inn on university (known people that have stayed there, and it's close to the arena), but there's a Hilton around too, it all depends on your price range.

Hotel the Islanders would stay at? Not sure about that, but I don't think it matters anyways, they play the Lightning the next day, so I imagine they'll be bussing to Tampa immediately after the game.

The only other advice I always give is park at Sawgrass Mills across the street and save yourself the 20 bucks.

ucanthanzalthetruth is offline   Reply With Quote