HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Clinching at the Mausoleum would be

Old
04-02-2007, 06:35 AM
NYRBLUE 74

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYRBLUE 74
Rangers are scary good ....and having fun...

Man... how good have we been since early march. Since the two games we played against the Icelanders, we have to be the hottest team in the East. I don't want to sound to crazy ....but if things shake right for us ...we could do damage in the playoffs.

Last year we limped in the playoffs with our heads down...this year were flying on all cylinders and having fun doing it. Yup...having fun and playing scary good.

NYRBLUE 74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 07:35 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER View Post
Funny how not too long ago the fishstix fans were running their mouths about be 4-0 vs us. Now even if they beat us tuesday it may be too late. Now that game could be their only playoff, winning the series from us.

Yeah, and the GDT's are a lot less "busy" if you know what I mean.

Shadowtron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:35 AM
SPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRBLUE 74 View Post
Man... how good have we been since early march. Since the two games we played against the Icelanders, we have to be the hottest team in the East. I don't want to sound to crazy ....but if things shake right for us ...we could do damage in the playoffs.

Last year we limped in the playoffs with our heads down...this year were flying on all cylinders and having fun doing it. Yup...having fun and playing scary good.
Yeah, we've been the best team in the East since the trade deadline... quote from Larry Brooks' article in today's Post:

Quote:
"April 2, 2007 -- The Rangers are 12-2-3 since the Feb. 27 trade deadline, a record that is better than Buffalo's, better than Ottawa's, better than Pittsburgh's. Fact is, in playing at a .794 winning percentage over that span, the Rangers have the best record in the East. "
What ever happened to that "I knew the season was over when..." thread?

SPG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:42 AM
dkatzism

vCash:
What has to happen tomorrow night for the Isles to be eliminated?

Old
04-02-2007, 10:41 AM
94now

I'd Love Rangers to clinch Tue, but...

After loss of DP to head injury beating the Isles would be like kicking the man in the wheelchair... I'm sorry for them. Cannot hate anyone I'm sorry for.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 10:52 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
After loss of DP to head injury beating the Isles would be like kicking the man in the wheelchair... I'm sorry for them. Cannot hate anyone I'm sorry for.
Do you think they felt sorry for us when Richter went down and we had to play Guy Hebert, Vitali Yeremeyev et al?

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 11:02 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Guru View Post
Do you think they felt sorry for us when Richter went down and we had to play Guy Hebert, Vitali Yeremeyev et al?
I don't care, but they should have. What I would like to see is Rangers win with Weekes is goal. That, BTW, would give Henke a deserved rest before Thu against MTL which is must win for us.

Old
04-02-2007, 11:19 AM
ruckus*

Quote:
I don't care, but they should have. What I would like to see is Rangers win with Weekes is goal. That, BTW, would give Henke a deserved rest before Thu against MTL which is must win for us.

You can't rest Hank until we clinch. Saying MTL is a bigger game than Tuesday is only true if we LOSE on Tuesday. Right now we have 3 chances to win 1 game. If we lose Tuesday we only have 2 chances to win 1 game. Hank might need a rest but he won't and shouldn't get it until it's official. And even then, if we make the playoffs don't they not start until the 11th or 12th? So if he plays the remaining three (which I personally would prefer because I want to lock up that 6 seed) wouldn't he still get 3-4 days off before the playoffs start?

ruckus* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Meh...not sure I can get behind that. I understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather clinch ASAP than risk a strangle hold in the PO race. When we play the Islanders, TB/HABS/LEAFS will be playing as well. If we go with a rusty, just recovered Weekes and lose and those teams win that would move us into a tie with Montreal for 7th with 1 pt. separating us from 9th place Toronto. I'd rather just get it out of the way. If we beat the Isles and clinch, then perhaps that should be Hank's last game until the post-season. But until that happens, I have to puy my best weapons out there. I don't think you'll agree with that, but it's just my 2 cents.

Old
04-02-2007, 12:05 PM
poeman
Fixing Rangers PP

everyone go out and buy some fishsticks for dinner

poeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 12:11 PM
Shadowtron

Quote:
Originally Posted by poeman View Post
everyone go out and buy some fishsticks for dinner
It'll be a bitter pill to swallow if they beat us. Let's not jinx it with bravado.

Old
04-02-2007, 12:12 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowtron View Post
Meh...not sure I can get behind that. I understand where you're coming from, but I'd rather clinch ASAP than risk a strangle hold in the PO race. When we play the Islanders, TB/HABS/LEAFS will be playing as well. If we go with a rusty, just recovered Weekes and lose and those teams win that would move us into a tie with Montreal for 7th with 1 pt. separating us from 9th place Toronto. I'd rather just get it out of the way. If we beat the Isles and clinch, then perhaps that should be Hank's last game until the post-season. But until that happens, I have to puy my best weapons out there. I don't think you'll agree with that, but it's just my 2 cents.
Well, I do. My post was a reply to those who wanted TO DESTROY them. I wouldn't risk either. I just WISH we beat them with Weekes in goal, but I wouldn't insist.

Old
04-02-2007, 12:27 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkatzism View Post
What has to happen tomorrow night for the Isles to be eliminated?
Rangers beats Islanders
Montreal beats Boston

Very possible.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:03 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Quote:
+1. Never any sympathy for anything the Isles have to go through.

As bad as this sounds, honestly, I don't feel bad for ANY team after the crap we have been through since 1997.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:56 PM
rangerjoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Nothing beats clinching the first round series against the Islanders in 1994 at the NVMC
"WE WANT HEXTALL!"

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:57 PM
rangerjoe

How great would it be for Rangers fan to chant "NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, HEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY, GOODBYE" at the Mausoleum for the last 5 minutes of the game?

RANGERJOE

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
paintballruler*

Quote:
Originally Posted by motime42 View Post
Especially with Renney putting Jags out there with 2 mins left in a five goal game. His shoulder injury was Renneys fault for the exact same reason
yea renny told him to throw a elbow at gomez's head

paintballruler* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

Didn't want to make this a new thread so I figured I'd ask here. What's the situation with Hossa?

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 11:57 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

With 1 minute left...

NYR FANS RULING THE COLISEUM...
CHANTING...

"SEASON'S OVER!!!"

Hopefully we're up big and just to rub it in we can get some payback for Simon

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 02:45 AM
Draft Guru
The Wizard of Özil

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Hopefully we're up big and just to rub it in we can get some payback for Simon
Dude...the Simon thing is looooong over. The Rangers won't give two ***** about getting any payback for the cheap shot. What they're most interested in is getting payback for the Isles beating us 4 times earlier in the year by beating them tonight and clinching the playoffs.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:35 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Dude...the Simon thing is looooong over. The Rangers won't give two ***** about getting any payback for the cheap shot. What they're most interested in is getting payback for the Isles beating us 4 times earlier in the year by beating them tonight and clinching the playoffs.
Thank you. For me winning the game tonight is enough.

04-03-2007, 08:39 AM
McRanger

Quote:
I agree, and I think the "seasons over" chant will be sufficient payback for the "you cant beat us" chant earlier in the season.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:56 AM
ap215

That would be the icing on the cake and what better to put an exclamation point for the season by clinching it at Nassau. I can't wait and get ready for those na na na na chants.

ap215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:00 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Did you read my post? I said hopefully we're up big. If we are and it's late...shove it up their friggin throats...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue Bleed Blue View Post
Did you read my post? I said hopefully we're up big. If we are and it's late...shove it up their friggin throats...
Why?

SingnBluesOnBroadway is offline   Reply With Quote