HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ex Hab Gino Odjick in critical condition

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-29-2014, 08:42 AM
  #26
Beige Van
Registered User
 
Beige Van's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,368
vCash: 2051
I still chuckle when I think about his comments in the Carolina series in 2002.

"We had her out on the dance floor, but couldn't take her home"


Beige Van is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 06:47 AM
  #27
beowulf
Not a nice guy.
 
beowulf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 44,537
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to beowulf
A bit of an update. A ton of fans went to the hospital he is in and had a little ralley and he even came down to thank them and sign some autographs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...nour-1.2691281

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 06:49 AM
  #28
Montreal4Life*
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
A bit of an update. A ton of fans went to the hospital he is in and had a little ralley and he even came down to thank them and sign some autographs.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/britis...nour-1.2691281
Yes, was very nice to see. Glad to see some ppl showing him exactly what he has meant to them. I`m sure it made his day

Montreal4Life* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 09:22 AM
  #29
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 8,890
vCash: 500
When he was a Hab I was always able to visit the Habs dressing room when they played in Carolina. (I was friends with former asst equipment manager Bobby Boulanger) and on one of those occasions Gino grabbed me handed me a saw and told me to cut his sticks. He was such a great guy! Doug Gilmour walks by, looks at me and says "I see Gino has put you to work".....cool memory for me for sure. Hang in there Gino!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 07:58 PM
  #30
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Houston, Tx
Country: United States
Posts: 7,940
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
When he was a Hab I was always able to visit the Habs dressing room when they played in Carolina. (I was friends with former asst equipment manager Bobby Boulanger) and on one of those occasions Gino grabbed me handed me a saw and told me to cut his sticks. He was such a great guy! Doug Gilmour walks by, looks at me and says "I see Gino has put you to work".....cool memory for me for sure. Hang in there Gino!
omg this has got to be the coolest story I've ever heard. Sounds like it was a reg thing for Gino, a great way to make fans feel special.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:44 PM
  #31
Tyson
Registered User
 
Tyson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 8,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
omg this has got to be the coolest story I've ever heard. Sounds like it was a reg thing for Gino, a great way to make fans feel special.
Walking around the locker room was always a blast! About 10 years ago I was brought into the locker room in Montreal, that was amazing!

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 08:46 PM
  #32
Belso
Registered User
 
Belso's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,706
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FazChenyuk View Post
He has a rare cardiac disease and he could die soon

http://www.rds.ca/hockey/odjick-livr...-vie-1.1163645

Hopefully he survives, if he doesnt RIP
He's probably going to go but at least I think he's had a good life. Always liked Gino. I just hope things go as smooth as possible for him in the short time he has left..

Belso is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:28 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2016 All Rights Reserved.