HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sabres vs. Thrashers Feb. 16 / 04

View Poll Results: Who's Gonna Win
Buff Win 7 50.00%
Buff Win O.T 1 7.14%
Tie 0 0%
Atl Win 6 42.86%
Atl Win O.T 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2004, 04:53 PM
  #101
Takeo
Registered User
 
Takeo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 19,229
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
I miss the third period because of class, come back, and hear from my roommate that about 5 fights took place. Then I look on the boxscore and it looks like Atlanta pulled their typical "we suck these days. let's hurt people routine". How did the boys "sound"? Anyone get injured by the cheap shots? If not, rock on.
I don't think anyone was injured. Mair was all over the place and Drury got in a tussle. Boulton actually instigated a bit of it.

Takeo is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:02 PM
  #102
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Oh lordy....

I didn't realize you guys would make such a big fuss. I toss that word around like it's my job.. I'm kidding..... HA...... HA........
Hopefully you *ahem* enjoy your work.


Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:06 PM
  #103
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devo-2
Things sound like they are getting a bit chippy. Gotta agree with those saying Peters should be in the lineup.
While Andrew's received his share of beatings, the size difference between Boulton and the various Thrashers he took on was evident. It seems likely that Boulton's tenure with the team is slipping away and I would not be surprised in the least to see him gone next season, (labor strife permitting).

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:15 PM
  #104
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
They're terrible. Hartley is notorious for putting his goons out with a few minutes remaining in a game in order to do nothing more than pick fights. I wish Peters was in the lineup because Jeff Cowan needs a fist right in the face.
After the elbow he threw on Brown early in the second period, I would completely agree with you. Funnier still that Satan feeds him some stick and gets a penalty, then goes on to rack up 4 goals. I suppose we should thank Jeff for waking him up.



*Note, all reference to any poor Thrasher goaltending in this post has been deleted.*

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:31 PM
  #105
Rhett4
Where my coach at?
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,400
vCash: 500
Any chance you could recap the fights a little, Chain?

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:48 PM
  #106
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Any chance you could recap the fights a little, Chain?
Sutton vs. Mair was a complete size mismatch and Sutton delivered two very solid blows to Adam's face. Mair's face of tin is likely damaged a bit---he was obviously stung by the first shot and then the second was insult to injury.

Lessard vs. Boulton saw Boulton getting tossed to the ground with Lessard on top of him having landed a couple.

Drury-Kloucek was like watching someone getting into a fight with an older sibling. He tried, but he didn't land much but neither did Kloucek.

Boulton-Sutton was an off-shoot of Boulton trying to elbow someone (Savard I think) that brought everyone looking for him. Petrovicky tried to knee him but Sutton got there first. A few others piled in and there wasn't much that happened that I saw in that scrum. There were 4 of them on the ice but I was more interested in...

Majesky-Janik. Doug is noticably smaller than Ivan and again it was a case of someone hanging on. But he tossed a few and I give him full measure for standing in there against a larger guy who wanted a piece of his 'mate. Very honorable on Doug's part.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 05:57 PM
  #107
Rhett4
Where my coach at?
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,400
vCash: 500
Thanks for the update, Chain. I was praying the entire third period that no one would get into a fight or instigated into one. The last thing this team needs is an injury. It's good to hear people stood up though, even if they didn't fare incredibly well. As long as no one got hurt, then I am happy.

But what was Mair thinking dropping them with Sutton? Man oh man.


Last edited by Rhett4: 02-16-2004 at 06:07 PM.
Rhett4 is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:11 PM
  #108
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
Thanks for the update, Chain. I was praying the entire third period that no one would get into a fight or instigated into one. The last thing this team needs is an injury. It's good to hear people stood up though, even if they didn't fare incredibly well. As long as no one got hurt, then I am happy.

But what was Mair thinking dropping them with Sutton? Man oh man.
Mair had gotten under Lessard and Sutton's skins earlier in the game. At one point he and Lessard exchanged a few mitts and a few verbal jabs right at the Atlanta bench. It drew a crowd and Mair really had them fired up. I think Sutton asked and they got it on. I didn't see the precise start of it, the play had moved into the near corner and I was following the puck when I caught sight of gloves hitting the ice...

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:12 PM
  #109
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Heh,our longest GDT and the game wasn't on TV.The game was amazing,best game I ever went to,and you guys were right,it was so loud.It was sold-out and I swore that almost all of the seats were filled.About 80 percent of the crowd were kids.Delmore had a nice game,Campbell played a little better,and Satan played a great game.Everyone on the Sabres did something worthwhile except Pyatt.Pyatt gave the puck up 4 times,hit twice(both were really weak) and his forechecking was atrocious.And Kovalchuk is a sore loser,when Afinogenov is skating away he punches him in the head because Afinogenov drilled him.And the best thing was the autographs.I was wearing my Drury Avs jersey for the autographs.I was first in line for Adam Mair,ahead of about 50 screaming little kids.I got Peters 2nd.I showed him the sleeve and he jokingly says "You got an Avs jersey?" I told him it was Drury, and he laughed and said if you're lying I'll punch you." Campbell was a nice guy too.The lines were about 10 minutes each.Briere signed for over 1 hour and a half,the longest.I didn't get him but he was still signing when I left and there was about 100 people in line.The last autograph I was walking in the 200 level section and Chris Drury taps me on the shoulder and signs it.He's a pretty nice guy.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
  #110
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
Heh,our longest GDT and the game wasn't on TV.The game was amazing,best game I ever went to,and you guys were right,it was so loud.It was sold-out and I swore that almost all of the seats were filled.About 80 percent of the crowd were kids.Delmore had a nice game,Campbell played a little better,and Satan played a great game.Everyone on the Sabres did something worthwhile except Pyatt.Pyatt gave the puck up 4 times,hit twice(both were really weak) and his forechecking was atrocious.And Kovalchuk is a sore loser,when Afinogenov is skating away he punches him in the head because Afinogenov drilled him.And the best thing was the autographs.I was wearing my Drury Avs jersey for the autographs.I was first in line for Adam Mair,ahead of about 50 screaming little kids.I got Peters 2nd.I showed him the sleeve and he jokingly says "You got an Avs jersey?" I told him it was Drury, and he laughed and said if you're lying I'll punch you." Campbell was a nice guy too.The lines were about 10 minutes each.Briere signed for over 1 hour and a half,the longest.I didn't get him but he was still signing when I left and there was about 100 people in line.The last autograph I was walking in the 200 level section and Chris Drury taps me on the shoulder and signs it.He's a pretty nice guy.
Campbell was a +4, had 2 assists and a number of take outs.

As for Pyatt... your well-known bias against him shows. He was effective in his own zone, did some solid work on the PK and made a few plays along the boards.

But that will matter not for you since you've already damned him to your own personal doghouse.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:17 PM
  #111
Rhett4
Where my coach at?
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Amerks #ROC
Country: United States
Posts: 12,400
vCash: 500
I'm assuming Golisano was at the game? He must be having a ball with this team now.

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:25 PM
  #112
TVanek26*
 
TVanek26*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Buffalo,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,583
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TVanek26*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4
I'm assuming Golisano was at the game? He must be having a ball with this team now.
They showed him after the 3rd goal.Campbell was named 3rd star but I said a little better because that was his first good game....probably all-season.I saw Pyatt gave the puck up twice in his own end,never hit when he had the chance to,and coasted into the corner to forecheck.When Pyatt has a good game,I will ease off of him.The fact is,he hasn't played well, since November.

TVanek26* is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 06:45 PM
  #113
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope
 
Chainshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Costa Rica
Country: Costa Rica
Posts: 57,093
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
They showed him after the 3rd goal.Campbell was named 3rd star but I said a little better because that was his first good game....probably all-season.I saw Pyatt gave the puck up twice in his own end,never hit when he had the chance to,and coasted into the corner to forecheck.When Pyatt has a good game,I will ease off of him.The fact is,he hasn't played well, since November.
Stats wise, this was his best game, but I thought he controlled play in all three zones against the Sens back in early January. He wasn't rewarded that night with any points off the chances he created, but that was a night when both he and Tallinder came up big. They've continued to have more good than bad since then.

Like I said, you're well-known bias about Pyatt is just that: well-known.

Chainshot is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 08:06 PM
  #114
LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BironsGirl43
Only 4 points out now.. oooooooo!!!!

One word to sum up the Sabres recent play: ORGASMIC!!

Oh my. Take pity on us BG!!!

LALALALALALAFONTAINE is offline  
Old
02-16-2004, 08:08 PM
  #115
LALALALALALAFONTAINE
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Republic of Alberta
Posts: 2,651
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBriere48
They showed him after the 3rd goal.Campbell was named 3rd star but I said a little better because that was his first good game....probably all-season.I saw Pyatt gave the puck up twice in his own end,never hit when he had the chance to,and coasted into the corner to forecheck.When Pyatt has a good game,I will ease off of him.The fact is,he hasn't played well, since November.
You miss the game against LA? Pyatt dominates a King along the boards, gets the puck out to Tallinder who scores as Pyatt rushes the net. That was the catalyst for coming back in that game.

So ease off the kid already. Oh, and he is one of our better penalty killers.

LALALALALALAFONTAINE is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:04 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.