HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MacT bag skates Oil

Old
04-01-2007, 09:44 AM
Lowetide

vCash: 500
Any of you slaughter a pig? The smell during the scalding process is the single worst thing I have ever experienced.

That plus I had to walk uphill both ways to school.

Lowetide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 10:01 AM
Tekneek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowetide View Post
Call me when he bag skates Lowe.

Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 10:23 AM
hockeyaddict101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrost View Post
How many piss poor unmotivated games have we played in our slump? By the comments on these boards Id say the majority of them. Does that mean we should have had a bag skate every other week this last little while? Is a bag skate at this point in the season going to turn this team or season around? No.

I've had the privledge of skating for two hours on numerous occasions and the dreaded bag skate for the most part gets the point across. But the Oil lost a piss load of games the last month and a half, everyones grumpy from the losses and having the spring off, putting the players through the paces at this point probably isnt going to change there attitudes too much.

All Im saying is perhaps come up with something a little more creative to lighten up the mood with the team, something like Andy Murray did the other day with the Blues. The Oil already know how bad there playing, there one win in however many games tells them everyday.
So just accept losing because of the position they are in? Well you have an unmotivated performance last week too so lets just have fun today? I also disagree that the majority of the losses were unmotivated efforts. The game against St. Louis was the worst effort I saw all season!

Also if you have been reading, MacT has had competitions in practice, last guy to score wins, etc. So to say he hasn't come up with fun ideas in practice is not reality.

Sorry you can never accept an effort like that. If it was my coach I would have expected to be bag skated. If I wasn't, I would think that that kind of effort was acceptable. It never is.

He did the right thing!

Last edited by hockeyaddict101: 04-01-2007 at 10:30 AM.
hockeyaddict101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Any of you slaughter a pig?
*Reluctantly raises hand*

It's one of those things in life that you just never add to the resume, you know?

Any of you get woken up at 5:30 AM by your dad, who excitedly tells you he just bagged a dear in the field, and you have to help him gut and strip it before you catch the bus to school?

Dad and I, there's issues.

Digger12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:30 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger12 View Post
*Reluctantly raises hand*

It's one of those things in life that you just never add to the resume, you know?

Any of you get woken up at 5:30 AM by your dad, who excitedly tells you he just bagged a dear in the field, and you have to help him gut and strip it before you catch the bus to school?

Dad and I, there's issues.
lol. We used to have to milk GOATS before school!

Old
04-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Bring Back Bucky

vCash: 968
Quote:
lol. We used to have to milk GOATS before school!
At least you had to a school to go to.... Out here we had to build our own school out of codfish every fall. In the spring it would warm up and rot away and we'd have to build a new one.

Bring Back Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 01:45 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB-King of Donair View Post
At least you had to a school to go to.... Out here we had to build our own school out of codfish every fall. In the spring it would warm up and rot away and we'd have to build a new one.
CODFISH? LUXURY!!!!! When we got home from school (at midnight) we had to work for hours shaping PREM and SPAM into the shape of lake trout before supper.

Old
04-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Bring Back Bucky

Quote:
CODFISH? LUXURY!!!!! When we got home from school (at midnight) we had to work for hours shaping PREM and SPAM into the shape of lake trout before supper.
SPAM!!!

You'd need the luxury of a can opener and a grocery store to enjoy a luxury like that sacred formed-meat treasure. Out here when we got home from cod-school on Friday afternoon, we'd have to swim over to PEI just to get a raw potato with a little bit of sea salt on it.

Old
04-01-2007, 01:52 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB-King of Donair View Post
SPAM!!!

You'd need the luxury of a can opener and a grocery store to enjoy a luxury like that sacred formed-meat treasure. Out here when we got home from cod-school on Friday afternoon, we'd have to swim over to PEI just to get a raw potato with a little bit of sea salt on it.
SWIMMING? Ah hell.

Old
04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
You got supper? Talk about being born with a silver spoon...

In my household, let's just say if you wanted supper you learned to hoard your toenail clippings and spare dandruff.

Old
04-01-2007, 05:27 PM
OntOilFan

It didn't work.

MacT needs to see the writing on the wall. He's lost the room. The players are clearly tuning him out. When you lose to Chicago after a bag skate, there's really not much else one can conclude.

MacT has been a good enough soldier that he should not be fired. But he should step down.

OntOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Any of you slaughter a pig? The smell during the scalding process is the single worst thing I have ever experienced.

I've killed them, but never actually did the butchering. My dad castrated a large boar with no aenesthetic when he was about 12, the boar got loose and he had to get back into the pen to rope him after he had already started the surgery. That must've been fun. AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I'm sure those squeals must've been good for the ears!!! I've never boiled the water to get the hair off of them either. That said, home grown grain fed pork is about as good as it gets, same with range beef.

04-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Digger12
Gold Fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
I've killed them, but never actually did the butchering. My dad castrated a large boar with no aenesthetic when he was about 12, the boar got loose and he had to get back into the pen to rope him after he had already started the surgery. That must've been fun. AREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! I'm sure those squeals must've been good for the ears!!! I've never boiled the water to get the hair off of them either. That said, home grown grain fed pork is about as good as it gets, same with range beef.
You boiled water to get the hair off?

We used a makeshift flamethrower to burn the hair to a crisp, then scraped it off with knives.

I think I like your way better.

Old
04-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:

We used a makeshift flamethrower to burn the hair to a crisp, then scraped it off with knives.

Pretty sure that's how the guys used to do it at my neighbor's (he was a hog farmer).

Bryanbryoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:19 PM
OilRick

vCash: 2375
Quote:

I never minded that smell, cleaning the pig barn was much worse. The 3 feet of snow on the way to school in July was real bad (you youngsters, we had to go 13 months a year, the made a extra month for us)

OilRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:24 PM
OilRick

Quote:
I raise a few every year for my immediate family. Feed them peas and wheat, gives the meat a sweet taste, and raise them outside so the manure taste is out of the meat. It's the best pork there is. If I get too many, I have to put people on a list to sell to them, it's very good.

Old
04-01-2007, 07:26 PM
OilRick

Quote:

Best way actually is to seer the hair off with burning straw, but it takes a long time. Torch is second best with cold water right afer. Skinning isn't too bad, but very hard to do.

Old
04-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilRick View Post
I raise a few every year for my immediate family. Feed them peas and wheat, gives the meat a sweet taste, and raise them outside so the manure taste is out of the meat. It's the best pork there is. If I get too many, I have to put people on a list to sell to them, it's very good.
On a side note, I HATE canned peas, yet love fresh garden peas. Most of the fresh pork here is slop fed, there's a distinct taste to the pork that I can't stand, so I usually buy Hormel pork. Not the greatest but better than the other crap.

Old
04-01-2007, 07:41 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Sometimes Miracles

Quote:
On a side note, I HATE canned peas, yet love fresh garden peas. Most of the fresh pork here is slop fed, there's a distinct taste to the pork that I can't stand, so I usually buy Hormel pork. Not the greatest but better than the other crap.
Can I just take this opportunity to say I'm very glad I never had to experience any of that.

Jimmi Jenkins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 07:44 PM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilRick View Post
We used to raise a few strictly for our consumption, they were in a concrete pen that I'd hose out to keep the pen clean. Strictly fed them grain, house scraps, and fruit. We have an avocado tree and 3 mango trees there, so during mango season the pigs would get fed strictly mango's that fell down from the tree and were busted open. Only problem is that the mango sap would stick to their skin, then you'd have to shovel out the mango seeds. Very intelligent animals that get a bad rap by people that haven't had experience raising them.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:30 PM
OilRick

Quote:
We used to raise a few strictly for our consumption, they were in a concrete pen that I'd hose out to keep the pen clean. Strictly fed them grain, house scraps, and fruit. We have an avocado tree and 3 mango trees there, so during mango season the pigs would get fed strictly mango's that fell down from the tree and were busted open. Only problem is that the mango sap would stick to their skin, then you'd have to shovel out the mango seeds. Very intelligent animals that get a bad rap by people that haven't had experience raising them.
I actually got some because my kids were in the house when it was 25 degrees outside. So I got some pigs, because they were cheap, and easy to build a fence, or so I thought.A word of advise, don'y make a fence out of page wire, a pig will walk right through it.. But it back fired, I ended up doing the chores, and couldn't butcher any, because they were like pets. Until I ended up with 136 pigs, 22, 45lb pails of chop a day. It was real easy to butcher after that winter. You're completely right Bryan, a pig is easier to teach then a dog, I think I read somewhere that they have 7 times the smell of a blood hound. Here's an interesting fact, (I read it so keep your comments to your self) a pig can orgasim for up to 20 minutes. That's the whole trouble with them though, they're too smart, if you have a weak opoint in the fence, they'll find it.

Old
04-01-2007, 09:33 PM
OilRick

Quote:
I only lik fresh out of the garden myself. We grow field peas here. Usually about 500 acres a year, they are more bitter then garden peas, but pigs go nuts over them. They are the peas you'll find in cup-of-soups.

Old
04-02-2007, 02:40 PM
oilerfanatic

what in god's name are you guys talking about?

in other news, somebody should bag skate mac-t...i would pay good coin to see that...

oilerfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
Bring Back Bucky

All this food talk has me dreaming up a ham donair. It sounds appetizing, doesn't it??