HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Eklund predicts the Rangers will tank it

Old
04-02-2007, 01:53 PM
blue2noise

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerSteve View Post
There is a nuclear device planted in Hilary Clinton's snizz by the British (e5-because South Park said so.)
ha! he's backpedaling now that all the Ranger fans are ripping hinm to shreds...

"I will tell you this, they could win the cup. If they get in theyare extremely dangerous. They have the most "experienced" raw talent in the conference. We will see. Personally, I hope they do make it, because it would be easier to get to for me."

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:56 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=6538

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:57 PM
danno2530

Send a message via Yahoo to danno2530
Wow Eklund is branching out. He started by getting trade rumors wrong and now he is moving up to getting playoff predictions wrong. I guess he's sad that the Rangers whopped up on his precious Flyers on saturday.

Who cares..this guy has as much credibility as "The Bellowing Moose" or any of these anonymous fools.

danno2530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:59 PM
shoothepuck

Eklund=Assclown

shoothepuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:04 PM
IanB

He's only doing it to get attention. He could care less what we think of him. He knows if he stirs something up with us we'll go to his website, and he doesn't care why, just that we go.

IanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:15 PM
rangerjoe

I actually emailed him this morning because I heard his comments on XM Radio yesterday morning, saying the Rangers haven't been a consistant team. Here's what I wrote and here's his reply:

:heard you on XM yesterday morning...to call the Rangers' play inconsistent is not doing your homework. They've been one of the most consistent teams in the Eastern Conference for over a month. They played undisciplined in Montreal last week and not too strong against Philly, but other than those two games they've been solid...
I disagree with your prediction, I say Montreal is the odd team out, not the Rangers."

REPLY:

"good points...just a feeling I guess about them...but I take back what i said..They have been consistent over the last ten games...I owe you something if they make the playoffs bud.

thanks for writing,
Ek"

rangerjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:27 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
The best way to keep him in business is acknowledge and respond to what he writes.

04-02-2007, 02:57 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayMan82 View Post
Gee, I wonder if he's Canadian...
What the **** does that have to do with anything?

It's Eklund. He's a moron.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
blue2noise

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerjoe View Post
I actually emailed him this morning because I heard his comments on XM Radio yesterday morning, saying the Rangers haven't been a consistant team. Here's what I wrote and here's his reply:

:heard you on XM yesterday morning...to call the Rangers' play inconsistent is not doing your homework. They've been one of the most consistent teams in the Eastern Conference for over a month. They played undisciplined in Montreal last week and not too strong against Philly, but other than those two games they've been solid...
I disagree with your prediction, I say Montreal is the odd team out, not the Rangers."

REPLY:

"good points...just a feeling I guess about them...but I take back what i said..They have been consistent over the last ten games...I owe you something if they make the playoffs bud.

thanks for writing,
Ek"
no backsies

blue2noise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:58 PM
BigE

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
The best way to keep him in business is acknowledge and respond to what he writes.
EXACTLY. Why give him the time of day?

When I first read the title I thought it was going to refer to the Rangers losing 4 straight in the playoffs. Then, it wouldn't be such an odd thing to say.

BigE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
EXACTLY. Why give him the time of day?

When I first read the title I thought it was going to refer to the Rangers losing 4 straight in the playoffs. Then, it wouldn't be such an odd thing to say.
Am I just beeing paranoid, or is it not a all that "odd" prediction?

I mean, Islanders won't roll over against us, I would bet on us, but I defenitly don't feel safe about that game.

Lets say we do loose against NYI (unlikely but could happend), and Montreal wins at home against Boston (very likely) and Toronto wins away against Philly (very likely).

Montreal would only be 1 pts behind us, and Toronto would be 2 pts behind us. The game against Montreal would suddenly become huge. Again a game with a ton of pressure, that could go either way. Its not like I would be shocked if we lost against MTL again. Toronto are playing NYI, a game they probably would win.

If we looses agaisnt MTL, they would be ahead of us, and Toronto would be tied with us. If Toronto then beats MTL on home ice, while we only gets a point against Pittsburg in the last game, we are out. If Toronto gets one pt, and we loose against Pitts, we are out.

Now, I am pretty sure that we will make it. But there are still a very distinct possibility that we won't. We have 3 really tough games.

Ola is online now   Reply With Quote