HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Devils fire Julien

Old
04-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRZ DVLS View Post
Lou was just on WFAN with Mike and the Mad Dog (IF YOU CAN BELIEVE THEY WERE TALKING HOCKEY)

Lou was asked if he had to explain this to his players. He said, After playing all season and if they don't understand why the change was made, than we have a bigger problems.

So this is not an Ego thing like many of you think. I would have to suspect the players were not responding and had something to do with this.
And it isn't, and anybody that thinks Lou has an ego knows nothing about Lou, even Mike Franseca laughed that off when it was suggested by some nutcrack of a fan, and he knows crap about hockey. But he knows Lou well.

04-02-2007, 04:55 PM
DontStaal

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Haaa
more like:

haha...look it's batman!

honestly though, unfortunately we will probably never know the true reason. Maybe Lou just wants to coach, but that seems highly unlikely. The team is in 2nd place. Must have been some internal strife.

DontStaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyplayer99 View Post
the answer is simple now that lou is down on the bench,the devils won't get any penelties now and the other teams will spend half the game in the box. Every ref in the league and the league itself does whatever Lou wants, so that is his idea, my team has been taking penelties so I better get down there so the refs know that Lou is here and you better not give my team penelties or else you won't be a ref in this league much longer
That's ridiclous, when the Devils are on there game they seldom spend time in the penatly box, when they are off sync - like they have been of late - they are in that box as much anyone.

I mean to suggest Lou fired Julien just so we would get more calls from the refs? I mean com'on guys, seriously.

Ronnie Bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingnBluesOnBroadway View Post
Who would hire him this offseason? If the Devils go deep in the playoffs or if they lose in the first round, it doesn't look good for CJ.
it doesn't have to be a contending team that hires him. not that i'm suggesting these teams make changes necessarily but don't you think SB that philly, washington, florida, and possibly chicago or even edmonton might think of julien as an upgrade over their current head coaches?

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Olympic nut

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God View Post
That's ridiclous, when the Devils are on there game they seldom spend time in the penatly box, when they are off sync - like they have been of late - they are in that box as much anyone.

I mean to suggest Lou fired Julien just so we would get more calls from the refs? I mean com'on guys, seriously.
Don't think he was being serious, Lou.

It must be interesting cheering for a team with Lamoriello as GM. No matter how much his methods work, no matter how much faith I'd have in him, every so often, he'd give me a heart attack.

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:56 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
And it isn't, and anybody that thinks Lou has an ego knows nothing about Lou, even Mike Franseca laughed that off when it was suggested by some nutcrack of a fan, and he knows crap about hockey. But he knows Lou well.
right, and lord knows we can trust that Lou has no ego from Franceseca, the guru of all things hockey. And your screen name, admin or not, pretty much disqualifies you from being objective 3rd party.

im not saying im right, im probably not, but in my opinion, the guy wants to be the one to get all the glory from taking them all the way.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
right, and lord knows we can trust that Lou has no ego from Franceseca, the guru of all things hockey. And your screen name, admin or not, pretty much disqualifies you from being objective 3rd party.

im not saying im right, im probably not, but in my opinion, the guy wants to be the one to get all the glory from taking them all the way.
Dude, it's a screen name I picked in a flash when I signed on these boards after Lou brought us home three cups and made my hockey team a contender year after year with practically nothing, so yeah, he's a god alright in my eyes just as he would be in yours if he the same for the Rangers. But go ahead, tell me you wouldn't feel that way, I just might believe you.

But if you are going to judge me by my username than my post history - which anyone here can tell ya is pretty unbiased- than I could honestly care less, seriously.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Don't think he was being serious, Lou.
I hear ya, but if you seen some of the posts flying about Lou around these boards today, you might understand why I might get confused.

The man just brings out the worst in people, mostly their bitterness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
It must be interesting cheering for a team with Lamoriello as GM. No matter how much his methods work, no matter how much faith I'd have in him, every so often, he'd give me a heart attack.
Yeah probably, but I'd trade a heart attack for another Stanley Cup any day of the week my good man.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:14 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Dude, it's a screen name I picked in a flash when I signed on these boards after Lou brought us home three cups and made my hockey team a contender year after year with practically nothing, so yeah, he's a god alright in my eyes just as he would be in yours if he the same for the Rangers. But go ahead, tell me you wouldn't feel that way, I just might believe you.

But if you are going to judge me by my username than my post history - which anyone here can tell ya is pretty unbiased- than I could honestly care less, seriously.
never said i wouldnt be pro-lou biased if he brought the rangers cups like he did for you, im sure i would. but from a 3rd party like myself, anyone trying to defend Lou, whose screen name is "Lou Is God" doesn't exactly get the benefit of the doubt. you may very well be the most unbiased person, i readily admit ignorance as i dont visit the NJ Devil forum, but im just going by what i see.

Also, re: francessa, anyone who has ever listened to the way this guy strokes lou for the whole world on the air anytime they talk about hockey, know he isnt the most unbiased person.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:18 PM
philbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
I think Lou is pissed that the Pens, with their entertaining brand of hockey, have passed the Debbies.

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:19 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
never said i wouldnt be pro-lou biased if he brought the rangers cups like he did for you, im sure i would. but from a 3rd party like myself, anyone trying to defend Lou, whose screen name is "Lou Is God" doesn't exactly get the benefit of the doubt. you may very well be the most unbiased person, i readily admit ignorance as i dont visit the NJ Devil forum, but im just going by what i see.

Also, re: francessa, anyone who has ever listened to the way this guy strokes lou for the whole world on the air anytime they talk about hockey, know he isnt the most unbiased person.
I'm not looking for the benefit of the doubt from anyone, my posts speak for themselves, not my username, if anyone wants to be vain enough to judge me by my username, they probably aren't worth having a discussion with in the first place.

And Fat Mike might not know much about hockey, but he does know good sports management people when he sees them, doesn't take an hockey expert to do that.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:22 PM
eco's bones

You know the Rangers went through this a long time ago with Esposito and Bergeron and the team heading into the playoffs. To me that was a bit of a trip on Phil's part. You wait around all season long and all of a sudden it becomes apparent that things are going to fall apart. A hundred and some point team. Give me a break. I don't get it. I don't know Lou but this is not the first time he's done this and I do wonder what the hell goes on in his head and I'll tell you what I hope this idea of his bombs and in the long run if it does bomb it might even be a good thing for the Devils--who knows but to me it's whacky.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
I'm not looking for the benefit of the doubt from anyone, my posts speak for themselves, not my username, if anyone wants to be vain enough to judge me by my username, they probably aren't worth having a discussion with in the first place.

And Fat Mike might not know much about hockey, but he does know good sports management people when he sees them, doesn't take an hockey expert to do that.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
If you got nothing worth saying, you really save your posts when/if you do, anyone can post smilies, even my three year old nephew.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:

just wondering. a ranger fan comes to your board trying to talk Devils Hockey, and his screen name is "Devils SUCK" or something like that, you mean to tell me you wouldnt think the guy is right away a devil hater? or you would go and read their entire post history?

i see a guy trying to defend Lou lams, whose screen name is "Lou is God" yep, my first instinct is to pull up his posting history.

Last edited by Inferno: 04-02-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old
04-02-2007, 06:32 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
just wondering. a ranger fan comes to your board trying to talk Devils Hockey, and his screen name is "Devils SUCK" or something like that, you mean to tell me you wouldnt think the guy is right away a devil hater? or you would go and read their entire post history?
If I didn't know his post history, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to judge him by his username like you are doing, if I know based on reading his posts in the past he is unbiased, I would care less what his username is, but hey, that's just me.

Quote:
Ohhhh, the shakyhead again.

Quote:
i see a guy trying to defense Lou lams, whose screen name is "Lou is God" yep, my first instinct is to pull up his posting history.

Nope, your first instict is to judge him on his username, and that's a shame. For now I'm just going to put you on ignore and have intelligent and reasonable discussions with the other good Ranger posters here who have never judged me on my username and have a hissy fit over it.

Bury your bitterness man, it's not a pretty sight.

Good day mate.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
If I didn't know his post history, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to judge him by his username like you are doing, if I know based on reading his posts in the past he is unbiased, I would care less what his username is, but hey, that's just me.

Ohhhh, the shakyhead again.

Nope, your first instict is to judge him on his username, and that's a shame. For now I'm just going to put you on ignore and have intelligent and reasonable discussions with the other good Ranger posters here who have never judged me on my username and have a hissy fit over it.

Bury your bitterness man, it's not a pretty sight.

Good day mate.
ah yes, the old, stick your fingers in your ears defense.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:43 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

vCash: 50
Quote:
If you got nothing worth saying, you really save your posts when/if you do, anyone can post smilies, even my three year old nephew.
But posts are FREEE!!!!!

TaiMaiShu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:45 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Quote:
ah yes, the old, stick your fingers in your ears defense.

He HAS once in a while. Does he have to explain himself to every other damn poster?

Old
04-02-2007, 06:46 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiMaiShu View Post
But posts are FREEE!!!!!
Shhhhhh!!! Damnit, I told you to keep that to yourself.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
He HAS once in a while. Does he have to explain himself to every other damn poster?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevFan-RU- View Post
Lou is God. Its as simple as that. You may not have that belief... but then again, seeing as which team is your team, why should I care?
See, i can respect that. A Devil fan clearly admitting that (at least implied by the tone of the post), they have a pro Lou bias.

THATS OK.

But when someone says, gee, you know, as a devil fan, who CLEARLY holds Lou in the highest esteem, you probably arent the most unbiased person to say he isnt an egomaniac. Just as saying that I, as a Ranger fan, clearly am not unbiased when I say that he IS an ego maniacal freak. I readily admit that I am biased, of course when I call someone out for being pro biased, i am promptly lectured in the etiquette of using smilies in posts. I really shouldnt be surprised that a Devil fan shows this holier than thou attitude, it wouldnt be the first time.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:54 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

But as a Rangers fan, who probably hated Lou since the day he was made GM, would only think that. I personally do not think Lou is an egomaniac. Unless you think he put himself in cap hell on purpose then you're just dead wrong. He does things to benefit the team and keep the winning attitude. Holding Lou in the highest regard and calling him God was due to the fact that he turned the Mickey Mouse team to contenders and keeping them there for so long.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
But as a Rangers fan, who probably hated Lou since the day he was made GM, would only think that. I personally do not think Lou is an egomaniac. Unless you think he put himself in cap hell on purpose then you're just dead wrong. He does things to benefit the team and keep the winning attitude. Holding Lou in the highest regard and calling him God was due to the fact that he turned the Mickey Mouse team to contenders and keeping them there for so long.
Exactly. I am anti Lou, just like a Devils fan, who, by the way, has a screen name "Lou is God" tends to be pro Lou.

I dont like Lou because of what he did to hockey with his system, but you cant argue he does his job better than 99.9% of the GMs in sports, i wont argue that for a second, but that has NOTHING to do with the guy being an egomaniac. Glen Sather has done a marvelous job (imho) since the purge a few years back, but that changes nothing of my opinion that he is the BIGGEST egomaniac in all of sports.

Of course, some of us are willing to admit that there may be a bias there, and some of us think that our....stuff...doesnt stink.

Old
04-02-2007, 07:07 PM
TaiMaiShu
back to square one

Quote:
Exactly. I am anti Lou, just like a Devils fan, who, by the way, has a screen name "Lou is God" tends to be pro Lou.

I dont like Lou because of what he did to hockey with his system, but you cant argue he does his job better than 99.9% of the GMs in sports, i wont argue that for a second, but that has NOTHING to do with the guy being an egomaniac. Glen Sather has done a marvelous job (imho) since the purge a few years back, but that changes nothing of my opinion that he is the BIGGEST egomaniac in all of sports.

Of course, some of us are willing to admit that there may be a bias there, and some of us think that our....stuff...doesnt stink.

Hockey fans seem to nitpick a lot about systems. In every sport there are GREAT defensive teams. Basketball and Football are good examples. Botton line is not all defense is boring unless you really like to watch sloppy hockey. And it's not like the Devils were the first trapping team. Not one team ruins a league anyhow.

Well they are GM's and they want to leave a legacy behind when they leave. So how can you not have an ego with so much sucess.

Last edited by TaiMaiShu: 04-02-2007 at 07:14 PM.
Old
04-02-2007, 07:11 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
And it's not like the Devils were the first trapping team.
but they made it cool.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote