HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

O and 3 please........

Old
04-02-2007, 02:59 PM
lakings41

vCash: 500
O and 3 please........

With our last few games i'm hoping we lose all of them. Looking at the bottom five teams remaining games it doesn't look like there will be any upsets and if we lose both games to Phoenix they would leap frog us and we could get that number two spot back.

We can then hopefuly flip the pick to Edmonton if it's someone they really want at that spot and get their 1st overall plus Anaheim's number 1 pick.

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:14 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I won't be upset in the least if we lose all of our remaining games.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:25 PM
Raptor

Uh, now?
I started rooting for Kings' losses about three months ago.

Raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:30 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
Uh, now?
I started rooting for Kings' losses about three months ago.

I got you beat by about three SEASONS

The end is in sight though.

I will be looking for Kings wins in 2009!

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
With our last few games i'm hoping we lose all of them. Looking at the bottom five teams remaining games it doesn't look like there will be any upsets and if we lose both games to Phoenix they would leap frog us and we could get that number two spot back.

We can then hopefuly flip the pick to Edmonton if it's someone they really want at that spot and get their 1st overall plus Anaheim's number 1 pick.
The losing just makes it a better trading chip. I've said since the deadline that we will not keep this pick, and move it for assets or picks in next year's draft. It makes no difference, win or lose. There's enough good players that someone drafting from outside the lottery will grab our pick to make a trade with someone else, or to draft a player that they want.

Personally, if we had to keep the pick and weren't able to trade it at all, I'd want to pick around 5th or 6th. But that's just me.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:53 PM
HeadInjury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Personally, if we had to keep the pick and weren't able to trade it at all, I'd want to pick around 5th or 6th. But that's just me.
Why? Do you hate having more options? Do you detest having a shot at better players?

HeadInjury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:15 PM
IlyaAlexanderMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post

The end is in sight though.

I will be looking for Kings wins in 2009!
But what about John Tavares in 09???

IlyaAlexanderMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
That was a dumb thing to say, but I know what players I want, and I know that they will be there at 5th or 6th. If we get a higher pick, DL might not pick the player I want.

And the two that I want are vanRiemsdyk and Gagner. Turris if we get a higher pick, but I have questions about his ability.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:31 PM
lakings41

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlyaAlexanderMalkin View Post
But what about John Tavares in 09???

That's easy! The Pittsburgh Penguins will have horrible injuries to deal with that year and for the umpteenth time they will end up with another generational talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now
That was a dumb thing to say, but I know what players I want, and I know that they will be there at 5th or 6th. If we get a higher pick, DL might not pick the player I want.

And the two that I want are vanRiemsdyk and Gagner. Turris if we get a higher pick, but I have questions about his ability.
Well i'm dumb that way. But you're pretty confident about James vanRiemsdyk falling out of the top five and he could easily go in the top three.
I know the draft has no consesus top two or three but I think it could give us more options at possible trades and that's what I meant. Also if you want the five/six pick that's where Edmonton might be and that was my example.

Old
04-02-2007, 06:55 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Well i'm dumb that way. But you're pretty confident about James vanRiemsdyk falling out of the top five and he could easily go in the top three.
I meant that what I said was dumb, unless I liked the rest of the players in this draft, which I don't. I dislike all but two of the projected top 10.

If vanRiemsdyk (God, I hate spelling that name) went in the top 5, I would be stunned. I was talking about how if the pick had to be kept, I'd want the 5th pick so that DL doesn't have as many options to choose from. JVR or Gagner are the two that I want. Less questionmarks, and good kids.

If the pick is going to get dealt regardless, of course I want a high pick.

Old
04-02-2007, 07:08 PM
lakings41

Quote:
I meant that what I said was dumb, unless I liked the rest of the players in this draft, which I don't. I dislike all but two of the projected top 10.

If vanRiemsdyk (God, I hate spelling that name) went in the top 5, I would be stunned. I was talking about how if the pick had to be kept, I'd want the 5th pick so that DL doesn't have as many options to choose from. JVR or Gagner are the two that I want. Less questionmarks, and good kids.

My bad. Gotcha.

Old
04-02-2007, 07:33 PM
tomd

Quote:

If JVR (easier than spelling his name) has a great U18 tournament then he could very well go in the top 3 and #1 would not be out of the question.

tomd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Turris if we get a higher pick, but I have questions about his ability.
Wha?! You won't be questioning his ability when he tears up the NCAA and finds himself in the NHL in about two seasons. Turris will be a top 3 pick.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Live in the Now
YNWA

Awards:
I'll be fine with getting him, but I don't know about the players that he's playing against. That's my main question, can he do it against better guys. I think he can, but the jury's still out on that one.

I know what players I don't want with a high pick, and that list is 4 or more-deep.

Old
04-02-2007, 08:06 PM
KingPurpleDinosaur
Bandwagon Kings Fan

have u guys compared our schedule with the teams around us? We have the easiest schedule and everyone else has far harder schedules. It is more then likely this is the lowest in rankings we'll be for the year. Won't surprise me if we jump 3 or 4 positions in the final 3 games.

KingPurpleDinosaur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:20 PM
IlyaAlexanderMalkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
That's easy! The Pittsburgh Penguins will have horrible injuries to deal with that year and for the umpteenth time they will end up with another generational talent.
Maybe there will be another "lottery" and they can "win" the 1st pick that way.

JVR/Turris/Gagner/Couture for us please.

I just hope we dont leap frog 3 teams at the end of the year because of our easy schedule.

IlyaAlexanderMalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:21 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubbyTerrion View Post
And I've got you beaten by two seasons on top of that

No one can top PSP, though. He's been at this for 39 seasons

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:43 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingPurpleDinosaur View Post
have u guys compared our schedule with the teams around us? We have the easiest schedule and everyone else has far harder schedules.
Phoenix has a schedule comparable to L.A. (especially since they play each other), but you're right that Chicago and Washington have harder schedules. Still, what may end up playing a significant role is the number of games remaining. L.A. and Washington have 3 games apiece, while Phoenix and Chicago have 4. Just a point in those 4th games could be all of the difference.

EDIT: Also, L.A. will win every possible tie-breaker, so that's a really, really nice thing. That'll likely make a difference.

Last edited by Osprey: 04-02-2007 at 09:09 PM.
Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:48 PM
TubbyTerrion*

Send a message via AIM to TubbyTerrion*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
And I've got you beaten by two seasons on top of that

No one can top PSP, though. He's been at this for 39 seasons
I started in '76, but it's only been the last three seasons that I've prayed for a loss virtually every time I've walked into the arena.

TubbyTerrion* is offline   Reply With Quote