HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Oilers have six road PP goals this season and have allowed five SH road goals

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 08:02 PM
Matts

vCash: 500
Oilers have six road PP goals this season and have allowed five SH road goals

I don't know about you but I'm glad that Craig Simpson took over the PP. He's doing a bangup job.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:04 PM
momentai

I don't think it's fair to just blame Craig Simpson for the troubles the Oilers have been having on special teams... There's a lot of blame to spread around... from the players on the ice to the entire coaching staff. At least our powerplay has consistently "sucked" since before Simpson got here.

What I wouldn't give for a qualified, extremely experienced assistant coach hiring though...

Old
02-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Cerebral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matts
I don't know about you but I'm glad that Craig Simpson took over the PP. He's doing a bangup job.
I think that's pretty narrow-minded to place the blame entirely on Simpson's shoulders..

Old
02-16-2004, 08:12 PM
Matts

Well, exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
I don't think it's fair to just blame Craig Simpson for the troubles the Oilers have been having on special teams... There's a lot of blame to spread around... from the players on the ice to the entire coaching staff. At least our powerplay has consistently "sucked" since before Simpson got here.

What I wouldn't give for a qualified, extremely experienced assistant coach hiring though...
One of these days it might pay if the Oilers hire based on things other than how many Cups a guy won, where he was born or how much he loves Alberta.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:21 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Don't forget, Simpson was the guy who during one Oiler game he was colour commentating, completely broke the Oilers PP down and picked it apart.

He sounded like he knew what he was talking about, and he probably does... it just doesn't seem to be working.

Old
02-16-2004, 08:23 PM
gretzky2kurri

Quote:
One of these days it might pay if the Oilers hire based on things other than how many Cups a guy won, where he was born or how much he loves Alberta.
Amen....

If Isbister is from Flinflon Manitoba..........Niinimaa is still an Oiler. (jk)

But at least Isbister isn't an Oiler.

Last edited by gretzky2kurri: 02-16-2004 at 08:27 PM.
Old
02-16-2004, 08:57 PM
Matts

Yeah

Simpson should keep his job because he broke that down one time. I have to agree with you.

Hey, I said Salo was gonna suck again this year and the Oilers should buy him out. I also said the only way the PK would be successful would be to constantly exhibit downice pressure.

Where's my money

Old
02-16-2004, 09:06 PM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Simpson should keep his job because he broke that down one time. I have to agree with you.

Hey, I said Salo was gonna suck again this year and the Oilers should buy him out. I also said the only way the PK would be successful would be to constantly exhibit downice pressure.

Where's my money
I'm gonna go on the assumption that Lowe had a couple of conversations with Simpson...

And it's too bad we didn't buy out Salo, cause then we'd get to see Mike Morrison in net for a depleted Oilers against the Wings *shudder.

Closed Thread