HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Isbister needs to stay!

Old
04-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Larry Melnyk

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Isbister has 1 goal in 16 games while playing a fair amount with Jagr. Not sure how much scoring one would expect if he was playing with Betts on a fourth line. I do hear what you're saying - Isbister is a better grinder than Hollweg, I believe, as a result of his better puckhandling ability, and perhaps even his size, but it all depends on what you want from your fourth line. Do you want to try to wear teams down with a down low cycle, or do you want to try to wear them down with bodychecks, which could also help jumpstart a team. Hollweg brings a lot more energy and hitting than Isbister and it all depends on the makeup you want for those five minutes per game (assuming Hossa's back and playing with Jagr and Callahan isn't sent down).
Fletch--Honestly, I couldn't care if Isbister had zero points on the Jagr line...With our current available players, the line has been playing pretty darn well with Isbister on it and Isboister providing his workman like stuff..Even if it is pure coincidence, he stays until that coincidence goes away...Then the question is, does he go to the 4th line?..And I think all your questions hit the mark..I would go with Hollweg but there would be reasons for Isbister also...ANd actually, it really might be betweeen Orr and Isbister, and it's Isbister by a country mile no matter what you want (for the POs)..

Larry Melnyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:39 AM
Fletch

Larry...

was really responding to you saying "with a bit more scoring touch".

If it's between Orr and Isbister, I go with Isbister. If it's between Ortmeyer and Isbister, I go with Ortmeyer (defense wins championshios, and his PK ability will be a plus in the playoffs).

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:11 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
Yeah, I think both Orr and Hollweg could eventually be the ones sitting, although, it appears Hossa might not be ready for the start of the POs. Hollweg sits for now, but, I could see the lineup eventually being as follows:

Hossa/Nylander/Jagr
Avery/Straka/Shanahan
Prucha/Cullen/Callahan
Isbister/Betts/Ortmeyer

I'm not exactly how the D pairings will look, but, figure, until Rachunek gets back, the lineup will be Tyutin, Mara, Girardi, Rozsival, Pock and Malik.
Fortunately Renney is not stupid enough to sit his 2 most physical players...

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:12 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
was really responding to you saying "with a bit more scoring touch".

If it's between Orr and Isbister, I go with Isbister. If it's between Ortmeyer and Isbister, I go with Ortmeyer (defense wins championshios, and his PK ability will be a plus in the playoffs).
If it's for a top line spot then Isbister...otherwise you play Orr

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:24 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Isbister needs to stay....

in Hartford next season.

Unless Hossa goes down again.....

He has done his job while here, but...

Once Hossa comes back, it will be "Brad Who?"

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:29 PM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggarelli View Post
in Hartford next season.

Unless Hossa goes down again.....

He has done his job while here, but...

Once Hossa comes back, it will be "Brad Who?"
Hossa does everything Isbister can but brings better D, he plays on PK and he scores

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 01:35 PM
Staggarelli
@erikthedirector

Send a message via AIM to Staggarelli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noonan25 View Post
he plays on PK and he scores
More of the first part in the start of the season.... more of the second just before he got injured...

Really thou Brad has fit in well, but it will be nice to see him go....

Staggarelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 06:44 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Melnyk View Post
Fletch--Honestly, I couldn't care if Isbister had zero points on the Jagr line...
This does not remind you of Putty Toms? 1 goal is 16 games with one of the leagues' best players is enough to send Prucha to the bench? Isbister, who HAS played decently, has become a waiver-level player in the league. Such players should not be replacing sniping youngsters like Prucha or sparkplugs like Hollweg. This is exactly the same thing that led Ron Low to be burned in efigy around these parts.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:47 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

I didn't want to respond to this last game because the guy finally had a good game since his first 3 back and I knew it wouldn't last.

The guy is terrible on the first line, brings nothing. Sure he can sometimes hold the puck for a few seconds, but then he gives it away. Has no offensive skill at all and only a little defensive skill.

Send him back the the minors where he belongs.

FLYLine24 is offline   Reply With Quote