HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone Misses Avery, Conroy?

Old
03-26-2007, 06:59 PM
lakings41

vCash: 500
Avery still seems to be singing praises. I guess him being the best deadline aquisition is up for discussion but he's still very effective and I can only imagine him getting better each year.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hocke...g_on_broadway/

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Capn Brown

What's those?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 12:14 AM
ExplosionsintheGine

No

ExplosionsintheGine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:27 AM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Avery still seems to be singing praises. I guess him being the best deadline aquisition is up for discussion but he's still very effective and I can only imagine him getting better each year.

http://www2.sportsnet.ca/blogs/hocke...g_on_broadway/
Avery can only be considered the "best deadline acquisition" based upon what the Rags gave up to get him: NOTHING

But hey, am I wrong to be upset about getting a 16th-best prospect?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 01:48 AM
Kurrilino
Go Stoll Go

Send a message via MSN to Kurrilino
Anyone Misses Avery, Conroy?

Who ??????

Kurrilino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 03:25 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Lundmark > Conroy (as far as the Kings are concerned)

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-27-2007, 04:21 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
I do miss Sean a bit.
Ditto. It's been fun watching him in Nueva York though.

03-27-2007, 05:11 PM
DonutsnBeer

Well I do miss both, Conroy is a great guy on and off the ice. Sean was great at meet the players, I am very glad that i waited in his line, which by the way was the second longest besides Anze's. And before all you haters get your panties in a wad about Sean, please remember what DL had to say about Avery. I dont have the link, but DL has always said Sean was a "player" and that who knows, Sean may be brought back later in his career. Who can remember what Redwing called Sean a future C, when he was traded to the Kings? Sheesh people, give it a rest, you got what you wanted, the only player with heart got traded away. I bet you haters, hated Jason Blake too, not that we could use a 30 goal score on our team.....

DonutsnBeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2007, 05:18 PM
dabeechman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facewash View Post
Sheesh people, give it a rest, you got what you wanted, the only player with heart got traded away. I bet you haters, hated Jason Blake too, not that we could use a 30 goal score on our team.....
I was in the minority as well. I was sad to see sean go for such a little return. He worked as hard as anybody else on this team, and although he didn't score a lot, he got many chances. IMO it was a mistake to trade him, because he was a pretty good guy on the ice and surely somebody I wouldn't want to play against.

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 04:55 PM
lakings41

Some more rumblings.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/03/31/sp...er&oref=slogin

lakings41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-31-2007, 05:42 PM
King Blazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facewash View Post
the only player with heart got traded away.
I disagree. The Kings roster is loaded with guys with heart. IMO, in trading Avery, Lombardi traded away a guy who, at times, was unable to keep his emotions in check.

King Blazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 08:54 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Ranger fan here.

I cant for the life of me figure out why you guys traded Avery. This guy is almost single handedly leading us to the playoffs.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:05 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno272 View Post
I cant for the life of me figure out why you guys traded Avery. This guy is almost single handedly leading us to the playoffs.
You'll figure it out, eventually. In the meantime, though, enjoy his good side.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-01-2007, 09:15 PM
Kingswin

I'm crazy

Kingswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 01:43 PM
snowcloud

I have to take this opportunity to thank the Los Angeles Kings for trading Sean Avery to the Rangers. He has helped turn our season around with his added grit and attitude that goes a long way in the Eastern Conference. He's been as valuable as Lundqvist. I had no idea Avery had as much skill around the net that he has. He's got a knack for making a shot or a pass that connects. Killer instinct around the net. How could he be voted as most overrated player???? The guy has been a godsend!!

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:28 PM
absolutic

Interesting article in the NY Times. Looks like Avery is playing on the same line with Shanahan. No wonder he started scoring goals and is more effective. Bring Shanahan here and put Kopi on the same line, lets see what happens

absolutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutic View Post
Interesting article in the NY Times. Looks like Avery is playing on the same line with Shanahan. No wonder he started scoring goals and is more effective. Bring Shanahan here and put Kopi on the same line, lets see what happens
no, that's not the case at all. Avery's been a stud no matter who he plays with. Shanahan's been injured for most of the time Avery's been on the team, and he's been a shell of himself since he's returned.

you'll have to look elsewhere for a justification of why Avery has been so good since arriving in NY.

Thirty One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 09:56 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
no, that's not the case at all. Avery's been a stud no matter who he plays with. Shanahan's been injured for most of the time Avery's been on the team, and he's been a shell of himself since he's returned.

you'll have to look elsewhere for a justification of why Avery has been so good since arriving in NY.
Thanks for the update, Elisha. You and your boyfriend Sean were great on MTV Cribs. I hope your new movie does well even though they yanked the billboards down in LA.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:01 AM
dave4

After reading everything here I can totally believe there is another side of Sean Avery the Rangers will hopefully never see. The team is 16-5-5 since his arrival, Jagr likes him, the fans LOVE him, everything is good right now. The team was not playing well before his arrival, they needed some kind of spark, and Avery certainly has provided it...so far. We'll see what happens when times are not so good, but for now everyone is happy.

Here is what I don't understand, however. I read a lot here about Avery's game, and everything everyone said about being an agitator is so true. Hopefully he continues to annoy the other team, and not his own.

But what was said here about his hockey ability has so far been totally incorrect. The main criticisms were his shooting percentage is bad, he skates too fast in a straight line, putting himself offsides a lot, and his hockey sense is terrible. Well 26 games is a decent sized sample, and so far the answers are no, no, and definitely no.

His hockey sense in particular has so far been outstanding.

dave4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 02:22 PM
snowcloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
Thanks for the update, Elisha. You and your boyfriend Sean were great on MTV Cribs. I hope your new movie does well even though they yanked the billboards down in LA.
He's telling you the truth. Shanny got hurt on Feb 17. Avery came here Feb 7th. Shanny returned on March 21.

snowcloud is offline   Reply With Quote