HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

Will all three Reinharts have their rookie season this year?

Old
07-01-2014, 08:47 PM
tsujimoto74

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GetThePuckOut View Post
Except Samson is a way more bad ass name.
This. 'Sam' is boring. Samson is a mother****ing warrior hero with great flow. Also, it's what the player himself said he preferred.

tsujimoto74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 04:07 AM
James Franco

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Big Griff is pretty much a lock. This would be a great storyline, props to you for picking up on that.
Love the game of thrones reference.

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 07:42 AM
PWJunior
RIP Al Arbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
This. 'Sam' is boring. Samson is a mother****ing warrior hero with great flow. Also, it's what the player himself said he preferred.
Haha, like it. Gotta admit that Samson does have pretty nice flow, not as good as King Joffrey's (Nylander) though. Little Reinhart is going to have to step it up.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 10:45 AM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Haha, like it. Gotta admit that Samson does have pretty nice flow, not as good as King Joffrey's (Nylander) though. Little Reinhart is going to have to step it up.
Like pretty much every other prospect I've ever heard interviewed, when asked if he's ready for the NHL next year, he says he thinks so but he has to get bigger and stronger over the offseason. I wish an interviewer would just tell him all he has to do is grow his hair out.

Paxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2014, 10:50 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Bumping after the dev camps. Any impressions from Flames and Islanders fans on Max and Griffin, or their likely competition? Griffin looked really strong in what I caught of the Islanders' scrimmage.

Samson got pushed around a bit in the Sabres' scrimmage but he looked very comfortable. I'd say overall dev camp hasn't impacted his chances of making the team. It underscored that he's going to need to get stronger to really succeed in the NHL, but also illustrated that his technical and mental abilities were as sharp as any of the guys out there. I suspect that come training camp he'll have benefited from the brief opportunity to adjust his cerebral game, which relies much on reads, timing, and spacing, to NHL-ish physicality and speed.

Old
07-25-2014, 10:53 PM
McShogun99

That be pretty cool. You look at the odds of a kid making the NHL yet you have families like the Sutter's. Staal's and now the Reinhart's with over 2 members making it.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 01:16 AM
boredmale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Any impressions from Flames and Islanders fans on Max and Griffin, or their likely competition? Griffin looked really strong in what I caught of the Islanders' scrimmage.
Hard to get a read what the Islanders are going to do. They have 8 defensemen under contract already(although not many that provide the size Reinhart does). I wouldn't be surprised if Reinhart gets sent down for like 20-30 games then gets called up(they sort of did that with Hamonic and Strome) but if he doesn't that means Donovan might be exposed on waivers or Brennan who has a 1 way deal gets sent down.

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 03:14 AM
100 Third Graders
BBQ Anyone?

Quote:
Bumping after the dev camps. Any impressions from Flames and Islanders fans on Max and Griffin, or their likely competition? Griffin looked really strong in what I caught of the Islanders' scrimmage.

Samson got pushed around a bit in the Sabres' scrimmage but he looked very comfortable. I'd say overall dev camp hasn't impacted his chances of making the team. It underscored that he's going to need to get stronger to really succeed in the NHL, but also illustrated that his technical and mental abilities were as sharp as any of the guys out there. I suspect that come training camp he'll have benefited from the brief opportunity to adjust his cerebral game, which relies much on reads, timing, and spacing, to NHL-ish physicality and speed.
I still think Max spends the year in the AHL, I do believe he is ready but there is just too much competition for the open spots Max will be fighting with Gaudreau, Baertschi, Bennett, Granlund for a possible LW spot that is open and beating out Gaudreau, Baertschi and Bennett will be extremely difficult. He will also be fighting with Arnold, Knight and Byron for a possible 4th line centre spot that is open, but I think both Knight and Arnold are much better suited for this role than Max.

So I feel he will end up in Adirondack and potentially be the captain of the baby Flames.

100 Third Graders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 04:39 AM
chunkylover53

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsujimoto74 View Post
Samson is just Sam's son though, takes away a bit of the mystique huehue

chunkylover53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 05:58 AM
F l a m e s
#winitforgio

I could see Reinhart getting 5 - 15 games via injury call-up, but I think he will spend the year in the AHL this year. If he continues on his current development path I fully expect him to be a regular NHLer 2015/16 season.

F l a m e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 06:06 AM
M3ntalpr0
Neutral fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy View Post
Would be even more amazing if all 3 finished as the Calder finalists.

It for sure won't happen, but imagine...
Max is not eligible for the Calder, since he's played over 6 games in 2 separate seasons. Stupid rule if you ask me.

M3ntalpr0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 08:07 AM
FLAMESFAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adirondack Flames View Post
I still think Max spends the year in the AHL, I do believe he is ready but there is just too much competition for the open spots Max will be fighting with Gaudreau, Baertschi, Bennett, Granlund for a possible LW spot that is open and beating out Gaudreau, Baertschi and Bennett will be extremely difficult. He will also be fighting with Arnold, Knight and Byron for a possible 4th line centre spot that is open, but I think both Knight and Arnold are much better suited for this role than Max.

So I feel he will end up in Adirondack and potentially be the captain of the baby Flames.
I think Sven is the front runner for a prospect at LW, but I think Max has a good shot at making the team. He's not battling with Bennett for LW and IMO he is a better choice than either Knight, Byron or Arnold for the 4th line C.

FLAMESFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 12:51 PM
seafoam
Halcyon Days

Griff should be on the opening night roster.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-26-2014, 02:51 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:

I see Max as being in a similar position to our Johan Larsson. Both are NHL-ready two-way players. They're both 22 and put up strong production in the AHL last season (.96 PPG for Max, .81 for Johan). I suspect both will have a difficult time making their roster out of camp but will get plenty of games over the course of the season, and they'll be done with the AHL after this year.

Our bottom 6 has a lot of bodies that lay legitimate claim to being on the roster as well as lack waiver exemption.

Old
07-26-2014, 04:12 PM
Dack

Quote:

I feel max is more talented than both Knight and Arnold but I don't really want him playing 7-8 mins a game in the Nhl when he could be playing 18-20 in the Ahl

Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 09:23 AM
SmellOfVictory

I don't think Max is penciled into the Flames' lineup, but he'd certainly be one of the top candidates of the young guys to enter the bottom 6 this season (possibly the singular top candidate).

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 09:25 AM
SmellOfVictory

Quote:
I see Max as being in a similar position to our Johan Larsson. Both are NHL-ready two-way players. They're both 22 and put up strong production in the AHL last season (.96 PPG for Max, .81 for Johan). I suspect both will have a difficult time making their roster out of camp but will get plenty of games over the course of the season, and they'll be done with the AHL after this year.

Our bottom 6 has a lot of bodies that lay legitimate claim to being on the roster as well as lack waiver exemption.
Ours doesn't. Bollig and McGrattan are probably less deserving than a good handful of the Flames' prospects, but unfortunately the Flames like guys who can punch other guys, so into the lineup they'll go.

SmellOfVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 06:38 PM
dscott

Griffin should. Sam is a bit of a wildcard (might head back to junior for more development). Max should, but likely won't. Since Calgary is in a logjam, with a bunch of talented forward prospects.

dscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2014, 09:52 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Look out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Franco View Post
Love the game of thrones reference.
I don't watch Game of Thrones, that was a reference?

I just called him that cause he's... big. And his name is Griffin.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 09:32 AM
Riseonfire
R+L=J

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
I don't watch Game of Thrones, that was a reference?

I just called him that cause he's... big. And his name is Griffin.
Griff is a character at some point. Show watchers have yet to even hear about him let alone know who he is.

Riseonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Just stopped in to say that I agree with a lot of posters here, this is going to make a great storyline for whenever Buf, NYI and Cal play each other.

If Griffin has a "good" camp he should be a lock.

Pure Slaughter Value is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 10:43 AM
blinkman360
Norris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure Slaughter Value View Post
Just stopped in to say that I agree with a lot of posters here, this is going to make a great storyline for whenever Buf, NYI and Cal play each other.

If Griffin has a "good" camp he should be a lock.
Griff's gon Griff.

I have a better chance of hooking up with Tapanga from Boy Meets World than Griff does of not making the team out of camp.

blinkman360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 07:48 PM
static80

As a Buffalo fan, I disagree that Samson will start this season with the Sabres. Nothing to date should lead anyone to believe that. He was handled by NHL ready players at development camp. His frame needs to fill out another year in my opinion. Girgenson's hammered him and his lack of NHL ready frame showed.

static80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2014, 09:13 PM
Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
As a Buffalo fan, I disagree that Samson will start this season with the Sabres. Nothing to date should lead anyone to believe that. He was handled by NHL ready players at development camp. His frame needs to fill out another year in my opinion. Girgenson's hammered him and his lack of NHL ready frame showed.
He was not handled. He took some hits but it's not like he was ineffective on the puck or in general. Strength is his clear weakness at this point in his career, no doubt. I don't know why you'd say that nothing to date should lead anyone to believe he'll start the season with the team. Everything's Murray said implies that he's going to have to really show he's not ready to get sent back. He has a training camp yet, and I'd bet money that he looks considerably better and more effective playing with those actual NHL players than he did in a scrimmage on the second day of a dev camp in July. I wouldn't bet money that he'll make the team, though I see it now as an 85% chance.

Old
07-28-2014, 09:21 PM
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by static80 View Post
because a development camp scrimmage is a great way to judge a players NHL readiness

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote