HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Hossa Vs. Callahan

Old
04-03-2007, 09:23 PM
The Thomas J.*

vCash: 500
Hossa Vs. Callahan

If Hossa is healthly he should not play, It has taken Hossa almost two full seasons to show me what Callahan has shown me in three weeks. I think Callahan has done more than Hossa actually, His hussle and hard nose to the Net is somthing I've rarely seen from Hossa.

The Thomas J.* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:26 PM
Noonan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Thomas J. View Post
If Hossa is healthly he should not play, It has taken Hossa almost two full seasons to show me what Callahan has shown me in three weeks. I think Callahan has done more than Hossa actually, His hussle and hard nose to the Net is somthing I've rarely seen from Hossa.
both will be in the lineup

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:27 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
No brainer. Don't worry thought, it'll be Isbister sitting for Hossa... maybe. Maybe it'll be Prucha instead. Actually, worry. Cally might get sat considering everything.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:28 PM
The Thomas J.*

Hope Its not Cally or Prucha.

Old
04-03-2007, 09:41 PM
GarretJoseph*

shouldnt this be "Hossa Vs. Isbister" ?

GarretJoseph* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarretJoseph View Post
But that implies that you're sitting Prucha. To me it comes down to one of Ortmeyer/Orr/Hollweg sitting, even though they all seem like playoff warriors to me. I guess it depends on who we might play.

Onion Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:44 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
I figured sitting Isbister was a no brainer!

actually in all honesty I forgot about isbister

Old
04-03-2007, 09:57 PM
philbo

Quote:
Yes!

philbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:16 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Orr will be out Hossa will be in and I hope it is Prucha over isbister

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:20 PM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Orr will be out Hossa will be in and I hope it is Prucha over isbister
Renney has said that Orr & Purcha will be options.

Old
04-03-2007, 10:26 PM
NYROrtsFan

It will be Hossa over Isbister..

And then Prucha will be in there over Orr probably moving Ortmeyer back to the 4th line.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:29 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

To be honest, if anyone one of Ortmeyer, Hollweg or Orr sat, I would be satisfied. Not one of them brings enough to the ice to justify sitting Prucha.

jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:31 PM
NYROrtsFan

Ortmeyer has been bad lately..

Forget the penalties, he's just not made the difference defensively that he did earlier in the season.

Seeing him sit a game for a knee problem made some sense because he's just not been as good as usual over the last 15 or so games. Almost think he needs some serious time off.

NYROrtsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:42 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
What the hell is your problem with Hossa now! Thye guy was playing great before he got hurt....I don't give a rats azz what Callahan has done, it has no bearing on Hossa and his game whatsoever!

bleedrngrblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:46 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Ortmeyer has been bad lately..

Forget the penalties, he's just not made the difference defensively that he did earlier in the season.

Seeing him sit a game for a knee problem made some sense because he's just not been as good as usual over the last 15 or so games. Almost think he needs some serious time off.
I agree. Ortmeyer should be the guy to sit...He has no business on the third line...It's as dumb as Betts on the second AND third lines this season....

It's not a knock against Ortmeyer to say he's been passed by BETTER players...

Son of Steinbrenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Balej20*

Prucha HAS to be in the lineup every night. He adds that small bit of offense on the bottom lines that this team lacks. I don't think Renney realizes how important he is to this team. Terrible job stratching him tonight only to play Orr, Hollweg for 3 minutes.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:50 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
To be honest, if anyone one of Ortmeyer, Hollweg or Orr sat, I would be satisfied. Not one of them brings enough to the ice to justify sitting Prucha.
I agree, but the problem is really two-fold. Renney's insistence that Prucha is not a top-2 line player, precludes one from including the likes of Isbister in that discussion. Isbister on the 4th line would render him useless. In a 6 minute span when the entire purpose of a shift is to create energy (and really, what more are you asking of from a 4th liner), Hollweg brings much more to the table than Isbister. As does Ortmeyer.

There really should be no debate. Isbister should play ahead of Orr. And it is a toss-up to Isbister or Hossa for the playoffs. Prucha should be playing and Orr should be sitting. The only decision shoudl be Isbister or Hossa. However, by thrusting Prucha solely into a bottom-2 line role, Renney changes the scope.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:51 PM
NYRMatt

Hossa over Callahan
Prucha over Hollweg
Callahan over Ortmeyer

Touch choice. I don't want to see any of them go.

NYRMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 10:57 PM
bleedrngrblue

There is NO toss up between Isbister and Hossa! Hossa can do more on both ends of the ice than Isbister! You can make the case for Isbister over Orr or Orts....but thats about as far as it goes.
Hossa and Callahan deserve playing time. Isbister has been solid if unspectacular filling in, but in no way does he merit time over Hossa. Hossa was on a dominant roll prior to getting hurt....I really hope he can get it back for the playoffs and plays on the 1st line.....he has shown he belongs there, and it makes the other lines more lethal

Old
04-03-2007, 11:09 PM
WestsideNYR

Terrible

coaching tonight.. The Jagr, Nylander, Shanahan PP unit doesn't work. DIDNT EVER AND NEVER WILL. So stop.
Anyone could have predicted the shootout moves. How do you not let Cullen shoot, he has as much skill as anyone.
How does Prucha get benched, I just don't understand.. Ortmeyer contributes zero offense.
Hossa plays for Isbister(Hoss has same size and dominant skill and can kill penalities masterfully)
Tyutin for Strud only because he isnt eligible for the playoffs, otherwise it would be Malik. Rachunek, IMO, offers nothing that Pock can't do. Both are better then Malik. Rosival is good one game and sad the next.
Malik should never play over Pock, he has no game what so ever. He constantly fumbles the puck leading excess defensive zone time.(i.e. 3rd period of tonights game).

WestsideNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 11:11 PM
LeetchIsGod2

Send a message via AIM to LeetchIsGod2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balej20 View Post
Prucha HAS to be in the lineup every night. He adds that small bit of offense on the bottom lines that this team lacks. I don't think Renney realizes how important he is to this team. Terrible job stratching him tonight only to play Orr, Hollweg for 3 minutes.
i agree Prucha shouldn't have been scratched afterall Orr did nuthin tonight to protect jagr who once again got abused all night by sean hill and brendan witt

LeetchIsGod2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 11:23 PM
jas
Unsatisfied

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
I agree, but the problem is really two-fold. Renney's insistence that Prucha is not a top-2 line player, precludes one from including the likes of Isbister in that discussion. Isbister on the 4th line would render him useless. In a 6 minute span when the entire purpose of a shift is to create energy (and really, what more are you asking of from a 4th liner), Hollweg brings much more to the table than Isbister. As does Ortmeyer.

There really should be no debate. Isbister should play ahead of Orr. And it is a toss-up to Isbister or Hossa for the playoffs. Prucha should be playing and Orr should be sitting. The only decision shoudl be Isbister or Hossa. However, by thrusting Prucha solely into a bottom-2 line role, Renney changes the scope.
Sorry, TB, but Hollweg is bringing nothing right now. And, while I'd play Ortmeyer over Orr, Orts has pretty much sucked lately. I think he was responsible for three out of the four consecutive icings the other night against the Leafs, and he's been brutal attempting to clear zones. Guys like Hollweg and Ortmeyer have served their purpose the last two years. But, there are better players coming who should push these two out of the way.

Last edited by jas: 04-03-2007 at 11:35 PM.
jas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 11:26 PM
I Am Chariot
One shift at a time

Hossa will have to lose his spot himself not by injury. He simply was just playing too well before his injury.

Please just let the guy heal up and come back onto JJ's wing right where he left off.

Please and Thank You

04-03-2007, 11:28 PM
bleedrngrblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleandshoot View Post
Hossa will have to lose his spot himself not by injury. He simply was just playing too well before his injury.

Please just let the guy heal up and come back onto JJ's wing right where he left off.

Please and Thank You
I totally agree with you. The guy seemed to have finally gotten it together and settled into a zone before getting hurt. Like Jagr said, its hard to show you can produce with limited ice time.

Old
04-04-2007, 12:22 AM
The Thomas J.*

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedrngrblue View Post
What the hell is your problem with Hossa now! Thye guy was playing great before he got hurt....I don't give a rats azz what Callahan has done, it has no bearing on Hossa and his game whatsoever!
I dont like his game or his work ethic & I never have, You got a guy that has come's up from the farm, which everyone was screaming about has shown everone somthing and is deserving to be here,
Hossa was on fire until he got hurt, its not automatic that he goes back to being on fire right away, and who knows what kind of shape hes in, if any
I dont want Cally or Prucha scratched as far as orts or Hollywood, well its a toss up, I'm guessing they are pretty banged up, Orts Knee still maybe giving him a hard time, Orr or Issy should be the odd men out for Hossa.

Let me ask you all this, How many games do we give Hossa to get his game back, one 2 a playoff series???