HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Avery with another huge game

Old
04-02-2007, 04:11 PM
kingsfan77

vCash: 500
Avery is a very good player at what he does. He just isnt right for the kings right now. I for one would rather have kept him. I believe he will be one of the premier aggitaters in the league. He has good speed and can chip in with offense. What more can you ask for. Lots of people are down on him cause of his antics last year and cant get past it to see his playing ability. He was much better this year and as he gets more mature he will find the line to walk that will make him a great player for that roll. He has a ton of heart and losing that does hurt the team. However you cant have that type of player around your rookies teaching them bad habits (if that was in fact the case) You have to look at it this way. If we didnt sign him and let him walk after last year we got nothing for him. We win New York wins. Good deal imo for all parties. I hope he does well for New York.

kingsfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:19 PM
absolutic

I don't like Avery, I think he is a disrespectful punk, which he promptly shown, in that interview with Bob Miller, you know which one. I think he is an average nhl player and he was not a good fit on the Kings. If he helps the Rangers, good luck.

absolutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Matt13

The average player in the NHL (according to yahoo) has 19 points.

Sean Avery has 47 points.

Sean Avery > Average player

Matt13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:32 PM
absolutic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt13 View Post
The average player in the NHL (according to yahoo) has 19 points.

Sean Avery has 47 points.

Sean Avery > Average player

19 points, is it an average for denfensmen or a forward?

absolutic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 04:41 PM
Matt13

Quote:
Originally Posted by absolutic View Post
19 points, is it an average for denfensmen or a forward?

For a goaltender.

Old
04-02-2007, 04:45 PM
kingsfan25

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakings41 View Post
Agreed on the first paragraph and disagree on the second.

I think most of us here know Ward was a throw in player as DL mainly spoke of Cliche. But nothing is in stone yet and who's to say this guy ever makes it.
With the Czech contingency in NY why wouldn't Marek want to play for them? We made a huge gamble on that aspect alone. He'll demand top end coin before he comes to camp (if he comes to camp). These type of guys fail more often than not and gambling with the Kings hasn't been really a good thing.
The hold-up on Marek, according to some Rangers fans, was that he demanded a one-way contract; he did not want to go to the AHL. The Rangers weren't willing to offer that. If DL is, then there is a better chance of him making the trip to NA than many people aorund here think. Obviously there is a risk with such a contract in the possibility that Marek can't hack it in the NHL for what ever reason. However, if his game is suited for North America (and I would have to believe that DL's scouts in Europe have given him reason to believe in JM's ability), then he could be worth the price of Avery on his own. Summarily, the issue surrounding Marek could be as simple as him being in an organization with the wrong roster make-up and financial situation.

Moreover, not to be ignored in the deal is Cliche. He's being written off by many as a scrub. But, by all accounts, he is an extremely versatile bottom-six player with immense leadership potential. It's often difficult to see the value in projected bottom-sixers, when we, as fans, so naturally set our sights on players with top-end ability over all others; however, when was the last time the Kings drafted a checking line players who was more than just an interchangeable scrub? Players with such defensive and intangible abilities can be just as valuable to a team's success as any other player, regardless of the fact that their heroics go "unsung". Cliche could be a such a player for the organization.

So, while this deal may not exactly have the shine of an O'Sullivan or Johnson trade, IMO, it was a fair one, one that gives the organization some players who are, potentially, quite valuable. And, I'm sure it's a deal that DL made to address the depth of some areas that fans don't traditionally look at.

kingsfan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:20 PM
spjon25

Ya know I understand that people say he was a detractor in the locker room, but if ya put him with the right mix of veteran leaders he can be good. I know he has a previous relationship with Shanny and to imagine what may have been with hi on the Kings could have been interesting and even made up for the garbage we call Cloutier

spjon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiball View Post
Why no "Zhitnik has envigorated the Thrashers" thread? Or "Smoke has been great for us"?

Why not sticky an "ex-King gets a point tonight - film at 11:00".
Thank you. I don't understand why some people feel the need to go to a players old team and give them "progress" reports.

Hey, Avery fits with the Rangers, great! If any Kings fans care, we have the same access to stats, the center ice, etc. and can follow him on our own accord.

Why must people feel the need to validate a player?

Corvo's doing great with the Senators (at least that 1 guy thinks so), great! What do you want, a medal or a chest to pin it on?

Avery's dominating a weak eastern conference? Outstanding! You want a cookie?

Gleason, playing in his 3rd season, has more points than JJ has after his second game? WOW, can we get you some balloons for your party? Your team sure swindled us!

I don't have any hate or resentment for any of the 3 players I listed. They are the just one's that stuck out in my head.

I like Avery playing the game. I don't like the push ups and other crap he brings. We all know he can thrive on a team if he has a "big brother" who will punch him in the face when he acts like a child. That's a sad thing to say about someone who's 27.

I watched the Kings/Cancucks game, JJ's debut, and during the telecast it was mentioned that the average age of the Kings lineup for that night was something like 24.3 years old--including the 40 year old Burke. Even though they lost the game, the team acted like a team. They didn't need the distraction of keeping Avery in line, they are busy learning how to play in this league TOGETHER.

I feel bad that Avery that he won't be with this team in the coming years because it looks like the Kings will be fun to watch and should pile up the wins.

You have Avery and he's your headache/bundle of joy. Enjoy him as you like, but please remember...we don't need the progress report and we are doing OK without him.

Oh and by the way, no take backs!

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 07:31 PM
devilinto

Avery takes to many damn shots. There is no doubt he brings something different to the Ice. But like everyone has said , his act gets old fast. When he got to La everyone loved.

WWAD. U all remember that?
When the Rangers get knocked out in the first round he will be blamed.

Go Kings go.

SH I TTY TODAY
CUP CONTENDERS TOMMOROW

devilinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:14 PM
Osprey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
That's gone through my mind, as well. I can see him taking a dumb, undisciplined penalty when the Rangers have the lead, resulting in change of momentum and a loss.

Osprey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Playa Hamm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
if Avery does absolutely nothing for the rest of his career, it will still be a ridiculously good trade. he's saved the season.

lol, wow! And I thought I had low expectations for my team.

Playa Hamm* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:30 PM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
That's gone through my mind, as well. I can see him taking a dumb, undisciplined penalty when the Rangers have the lead, resulting in change of momentum and a loss.
but omg hes teh <3 and sole of teh team yo!!!11!1!

King'sPawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Thirty One
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa Hamm View Post
lol, wow! And I thought I had low expectations for my team.
16-5-5 with Avery, 25-24-4 without. the Rangers have 3 chances to win to clinch the playoffs, and Avery is the reason why.

Quote:
hey, Avery giveth, and Avery taketh away.

Thirty One is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 09:31 AM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGSFANINTO View Post
Avery takes to many damn shots. There is no doubt he brings something different to the Ice. But like everyone has said , his act gets old fast. When he got to La everyone loved.

WWAD. U all remember that?

Go Kings go.

SH I TTY TODAY
CUP CONTENDERS TOMMOROW
Uhhh, not me. Kuznetsov was horrible and trading Schneider was a huge step back for the Kings. Another huge mistake by Dave Taylor that Lombardi has tried to fix with 2 prospects. Either way I would still rather have Schneider.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 02:40 PM
multiball

Send a message via AIM to multiball
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikkanen View Post
Uhhh, not me. Kuznetsov was horrible and trading Schneider was a huge step back for the Kings. Another huge mistake by Dave Taylor that Lombardi has tried to fix with 2 prospects. Either way I would still rather have Schneider.
I still miss Schneider, but Lubo has been a suitable replacement and might not have developed into the player he is without Schneider's ice time. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing that loss... I know Schneider is at 3.3 million now, but wasn't he at a much higher rate as a King?

And who ended up being the 2 1st round picks we also acquired in that deal? Does anyone know of a resource or site that provides that kind of information? Thanks.

multiball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 02:43 PM
Matt13

Quote:
I still miss Schneider, but Lubo has been a suitable replacement and might not have developed into the player he is without Schneider's ice time. Or maybe I'm just rationalizing that loss... I know Schneider is at 3.3 million now, but wasn't he at a much higher rate as a King?

And who ended up being the 2 1st round picks we also acquired in that deal? Does anyone know of a resource or site that provides that kind of information? Thanks.

I think Tamballini was one.

Either way, Schneider > Miller. DT should have dumped Miller.

Old
04-03-2007, 04:53 PM
RWWallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
if Avery does absolutely nothing for the rest of his career, it will still be a ridiculously good trade. he's saved the season.

and I'd be really surprised to see a falling out next season, as Jagr loves him, and he has a good relationship with Renney and Shanahan.
Lundy waking up around Christmas time saved your season...

RWWallpaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 05:21 PM
Johnny Utah

I miss Avery, but it is more of a selfish miss. Lombardi was a big fan and probably wouldn't have dealt him if things behind the scenes still weren't great.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 05:34 PM
dabeechman

Amazing how on the west coast, nobody knew about Avery other then heresay "he's a dirty player..." Now that he is on the east coast its all "OMG Avery is the savior of our season."

This is a great reflection as to why west coasters get shunned. Kopitar who?

dabeechman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 06:57 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 505
Avery is the most overrated player in the league right now.

Stop Feeding the Rumor-Monger

"I wonder if Norstrom has Forsberg's spleen mounted on his wall." - KINGS17

My 50 Favorite Albums of 2014 (sorry it's late)
GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:53 PM
gambitlebo

Quote:

Wasn't Schneider traded because he wasn't either wasn't going to re-sign with LA or wanted a lot of money? I might be thinking of someone else.

At any rate, I still mad that they let Phillip Boucher walk away to Dallas. Since arriving in Dallas he's has became their best all over defense man.

Could you imagine a power play with Blake, Johnson, Visnosky, and Boucher?

gambitlebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 08:56 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514 View Post
Avery is the most overrated player in the league right now.
Is it just me, or does that happen a lot to guys that move from the West to the East.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 02:59 AM
kingsholygrail
Career Worst Year

He's the Terrel Owens of hockey.

kingsholygrail is offline   Reply With Quote