HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Winnipeg - Florida

Old
07-03-2014, 09:58 AM
PantherPKWY

vCash: 500
Winnipeg - Florida

Evander Kane and the Florida Panthers have been mentioned before in the same sentence before, dating back to last season. He fits the need the Panthers desperately need on the wing.

Winnipeg would have a chance to get something nice in return, Dale Tallon is willing to part with some young guys in the organization.

First proposal to get Kane to South Florida is:

FLA: Tomas fleischmann (Had a down year last year but has ability for 50-60 PTS)
Drew Shore

WPG: Evander Kane

PantherPKWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Seanahue

vCash: 109
FLA:
Buff
Lowry

WPG:
Huberdeau

That's pretty much what you are trying to sell us.

Seanahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:07 AM
almostawake

Incredibly awful.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:08 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 2043
Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPKWY View Post
Evander Kane and the Florida Panthers have been mentioned before in the same sentence before, dating back to last season. He fits the need the Panthers desperately need on the wing.

Winnipeg would have a chance to get something nice in return, Dale Tallon is willing to part with some young guys in the organization.

First proposal to get Kane to South Florida is:

FLA: Tomas fleischmann (Had a down year last year but has ability for 50-60 PTS)
Drew Shore

WPG: Evander Kane
Counter: Barkov, Howden, Robak, Florida's 2015 first round pick -
for Kane

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:09 AM
PantherPKWY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gump Hasek View Post
Counter: Barkov, Howden, Robak, Florida's 2015 first round pick -
for Kane
Done! Seriously though, I just made the first proposal to start things off.

How about Huberdeau + Shore for Kane.

Huberdeau + Howden?

PantherPKWY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
FuturePanthers

Brutal for Winnepeg

FuturePanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
HockeyRulez
Panthers..... WIN!

Drew shore, Alex Petrovic, 2nd rd pick for Kane

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PantherPKWY View Post
Done! Seriously though, I just made the first proposal to start things off.

How about Huberdeau + Shore for Kane.

Huberdeau + Howden?
I was serious.

Barkov, Howden, Robak, & your first round pick

No interest in Shore or Huby. Try sending the Jets something they would actually want.

Top 6 forward - check
prospects - check
pick - check

Done from Winnipeg's side.

Old
07-03-2014, 10:34 AM
TheCupNeedsATan

Upshall shore/trochek and next years 2nd and Pittsburgh's 3rd.

Upshall can slot in on the right shore/trochek are solid center prospects and 2 picks to make it worthwhile.

TheCupNeedsATan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:35 AM
Hagged

Quote:
I was serious.
So Winnipeg wouldn't even consider E.Kane for Barkov+2015 1st round pick ?

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:39 AM
EpicGingy

vCash: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagged View Post
I would.

Tallon would punch Chevy through the phone. Kane is valuable, but not that valuable. Especially since Florida is building their top 6 around Huberdeau and Barkov.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Nope, not enough to replace Kane.

Howden and Robak are both locals who would be attractive to the management here. I like Howden's upside and think Robak will eventually prove to be a serviceable D.

Old
07-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
I would.

Tallon would punch Chevy through the phone. Kane is valuable, but not that valuable. Especially since Florida is building their top 6 around Huberdeau and Barkov.
Barkov coming out of his rookie year simply does not have the demonstrated history of NHL success versus Kane. He has upside for sure, but not enough to swap for a guy that has scored 30 once and scored at an equivalent pace during the lockout year as well - at just 22 years of age. The pick is a question mark, so no, it isn't enough.

Old
07-03-2014, 10:46 AM
ducky

C'mon Gump..Barkov and a 2015 1st is great value. The Jets would have to pick up a 2nd line LW still but would get a great young centre prospect and likely a lottery pick.

ducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
As a Jets fan, I would do this so, so, so fast.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:50 AM
HockeyRulez
Panthers..... WIN!

These wpg fans are funny^

Barkov and Huberdeau aren't going anywhere

HockeyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:51 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
C'mon Gump..Barkov and a 2015 1st is great value. The Jets would have to pick up a 2nd line LW still but would get a great young centre prospect and likely a lottery pick.
Scheifele outscored Barkov pretty handily last season IIRC over a similar number of games. Not enough value there. You are taking too much risk on a guy that could just as easily regress this season, and a pick that potentially doesn't pan out for years. I'd agree with you if the Jets were rebuilding and seeking to immediately dump salary, but they aren't. They'd need to replace Kane's value in their lineup today. Howden could fill a bottom-six role today, and Robak isn't far from playing D regularly in the NHL.

Old
07-03-2014, 10:52 AM
Stej
Good Canadian Kid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyRulez View Post
These wpg fans are funny^

Barkov and Huberdeau aren't going anywhere
OP is pretty funny too. Laughs all around.

Stej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:54 AM
EpicGingy

vCash: 932
Quote:
Barkov coming out of his rookie year simply does not have the demonstrated history of NHL success versus Kane. He has upside for sure, but not enough to swap for a guy that has scored 30 once and scored at an equivalent pace during the lockout year as well - at just 22 years of age. The pick is a question mark, so no, it isn't enough.
Thinking long term Barkov and Scheifele would probably be a killer combo freeing up Little to go to his wing again. Unfortunately he's a righty and not a lefty whoch would be perfect.

I know Perrault isn't as good as Kane, but say we went Little Scheifele Barkov down the middle we could move Perrault to LW as a stop gap until we find another LW'er or Ehlers breaks in.

The crux of this is if you believe Barkov will be better than Kane, which I do.

EpicGingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:57 AM
OwenFully

Quote:
Nope, not enough to replace Kane.

Howden and Robak are both locals who would be attractive to the management here. I like Howden's upside and think Robak will eventually prove to be a serviceable D.
That's an absolute joke. Barkov is worth more than Kane.

OwenFully is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 11:01 AM
Hagged

It's all hypothetical's now so I hope no Panther fan takes this discussion too seriously. But Barkov is a team MVP coming from a missed off season. Played last season as the youngest player in the NHL. Joe Thornton got 7 points at the same age with already having accustomed to the NA game in the juniors.

I understand Kane is a cornerstone for his team, but what makes you think Barkov isn't on his way to become one himself?

My guess is Panther fans wouldn't do Barkov for Kane straight up, though the other way around Jets fans would propably be outraged by a proposal of that kind of swap. I just think that adding a high 1st would tip the scale even in the eyes of Jets fans.

Barkov had a career unheard of in FEL for an under 18 year old. That includes Saku and Mikko Koivu, Selanne, Jokinen etc. When you include Swedish players in SEL only really Forsberg is ahead as both Sedin's were a full year older. He had a shoulder injury that kept him away from training for a full off season before his rookie season so everybody had a right to expect a rookie season closer to that of Thornton than what Barkov actually accomplished.

I'd say Barkov+1st 2015 would be good value for E.Kane. Anything above that in my eyes would be too much. But as I said, these are all hypotheticals as Barkov is not going anywhere and I'd guess neither is Kane.

Hagged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 11:02 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicGingy View Post
Thinking long term Barkov and Scheifele would probably be a killer combo freeing up Little to go to his wing again. Unfortunately he's a righty and not a lefty whoch would be perfect.

I know Perrault isn't as good as Kane, but say we went Little Scheifele Barkov down the middle we could move Perrault to LW as a stop gap until we find another LW'er or Ehlers breaks in.

The crux of this is if you believe Barkov will be better than Kane, which I do.
You do understand that they are trading contracts and not just players, correct? The Jets aren't looking to simply dump salary here. A $5 million dollar + player would not be exiting our roster without taking back at least some additional nearby contractual value aside from Barkov's entry level deal alone.

I know that Florida is looking to add salary this season, but the Jets need to get some contracts back in return as well. If they were to do what you guys have proposed, they'd need to have done it prior to July 1 so they could have bought some quality replacements when they were available.

Old
07-03-2014, 11:05 AM
Howboutthempanthers
I come in peace.

No way in the world I'm trading Barkov + 2015 1st for Kane. GTFO with that crap. I wouldn't trade Barkov straight up for Kane. And no way to Huberdeau + for Kane as well.
I'd rather just keep Huberdeau if we have to trade him for Kane. And I don't like trading 1st round picks at all much less adding that onto a potential franchise center to bring back a top line winger. And that 1st round pick is from one of the best drafts in years, WTF?

Howboutthempanthers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 11:06 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Scheifele outscored Barkov pretty handily last season IIRC over a similar number of games. Not enough value there. You are taking too much risk on a guy that could just as easily regress this season, and a pick that potentially doesn't pan out for years. I'd agree with you if the Jets were rebuilding and seeking to immediately dump salary, but they aren't. They'd need to replace Kane's value in their lineup today. Howden could fill a bottom-six role today, and Robak isn't far from playing D regularly in the NHL.
Jets would almost certainly trade Kane straight up for Barkov. If offered Barkov and Florida's 2015 1st, there is absolutely no way they could turn it down.

It is about 50/50 as to whether Barkov will be a better hockey player than Kane next season. Two seasons from now we're probably talking 70/30.

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 11:12 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
Jets would almost certainly trade Kane straight up for Barkov. If offered Barkov and Florida's 2015 1st, there is absolutely no way they could turn it down.

It is about 50/50 as to whether Barkov will be a better hockey player than Kane next season. Two seasons from now we're probably talking 70/30.
Too much risk to take straight up versus the chance he could regress this season. I think Barkov is a great player and was the one that suggested he would be the main target after all, but you'd need to insulate that risk by spreading it further than simply just a pick. Take back some additional prospect contracts as well at least, as I suggested.

Whatever, it will never happen.

The point was more that Kane won't be moved for the type of players suggest by OP.

I need to get back to work.