HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Vinny + L. Schenn

Old
07-03-2014, 09:26 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

vCash: 500
Vinny + L. Schenn

Quick question, what do you think the value of these two together would be? It's a combined 8.1 million dollars. Not something I would jump on but curiosity.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:40 AM
Roshi

Vinny isnt the first thing I had in mind going on to offseason, but looking at the market right now this might be kind of interesting from Caps view too.. How about ;

Mikey Green
2nd round draft pick for 2015
Nate Schmidt (RFA)
Jack Hillen (cap dump)
4th round draft pick for 2015 to compensate Hillen

and Philly keeps 0,5 from Vinny's paycheck.

Green > Vinny @ 4
Schmidt + 2nd < Schenn
Hillen <> 4th round compensation

I dont actually like it from Caps pov, but we really need 2C and still would like to stay competitive on D. So would this be totally off the charts from PHI view? Can Preds top this and would they if they can?

Last edited by Roshi: 07-03-2014 at 09:46 AM.
Roshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Quick question, what do you think the value of these two together would be? It's a combined 8.1 million dollars. Not something I would jump on but curiosity.
Lots of factors go into that answer. Do the Flyers eat some salary? If they eat salary for Vinny, that makes the prospect I want back better along with a pick/picks. L Schenn had a solid playoff so he and Vinny together I'd want a prospect and pick/picks whether we eat salary or not. The salary issue dictates the prospect and pick

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:53 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
Lots of factors go into that answer. Do the Flyers eat some salary? If they eat salary for Vinny, that makes the prospect I want back better along with a pick/picks. L Schenn had a solid playoff so he and Vinny together I'd want a prospect and pick/picks whether we eat salary or not. The salary issue dictates the prospect and pick
But as others have said...eating salary does nothing for Philly...or at least very little. That's the whole reason to move him, top save his salary. Why trade him with 2 mill of eating when we still then have to replace him with only 2.5? Replace him with a2 mill guy and it's like we are paying that guy 4 mill anyways. And I guarantee that guy won't be getting us 20 goals.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 09:55 AM
officialmark*

You'd have to package Brayden or a 1st with them just to get back a 2nd rounder.

officialmark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:00 AM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
But as others have said...eating salary does nothing for Philly...or at least very little. That's the whole reason to move him, top save his salary. Why trade him with 2 mill of eating when we still then have to replace him with only 2.5? Replace him with a2 mill guy and it's like we are paying that guy 4 mill anyways. And I guarantee that guy won't be getting us 20 goals.
Vinny and Luke for Lupul and Holzer?

Saves Flyers 2.85 and Hozler gives them a cheap RHD depth guy

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:02 AM
TOGuy14

A combined 8.1M for a 3C and second pairing D.

No thanks from Toronto unless you are taking an anchor or two in return (which Philly doesn't want to do)

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripod View Post
To trade Vinny AND L Schenn without eating some cash, That aint happenin'. Whether they eat 2 million or 1 million you still save some cash and trade a player off of the team thats just not going to work. If they try and make him play 4th line center or wing again, DISASTER AHEAD

Flyerfan47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Striiker
I hate zebras

Quote:
Originally Posted by officialmark View Post
You'd have to package Brayden or a 1st with them just to get back a 2nd rounder.
Not in the real world we wouldn't.

Striiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 10:15 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
To trade Vinny AND L Schenn without eating some cash, That aint happenin'. Whether they eat 2 million or 1 million you still save some cash and trade a player off of the team thats just not going to work. If they try and make him play 4th line center or wing again, DISASTER AHEAD
Why I ask is VLC would be a fit on the Preds Center depth chart and L. Schenn paired with R. Ellis...

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote