HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ryan McDonagh had 17 points in his last 15 games

Old
06-16-2014, 06:20 PM
NYRCSKA*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
He's the best we've had since Leetch. Let's leave it at that for now. Better than Leetch/Park is an extremely high mountain to climb. Does he really have that kind of potential? That would require being a career Ranger, winning three or more Norris trophies, a Conn Smythe, a Cup, and entering the Hockey Hall of Fame.
I believe that he has that potential. Keep in mind potential does not equal results, but that is his ceiling, and I hope he makes it. That is all I've said in the matter. I didn't once say he is already better than Leetch was.

NYRCSKA* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:28 AM
Amazing Kreiderman
Night-shift fan!

Today it's exactly 5 years ago we acquired this gem. Can't believe it's that long ago already!

Amazing Kreiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:40 AM
Rangerfan4life90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman View Post
Today it's exactly 5 years ago we acquired this gem. Can't believe it's that long ago already!
I remember the trade like it was yesterday.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 11:43 AM
TeamStewie

I still like to read the Habs thread for the trade occasionally just for ***** and giggles.

TeamStewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-30-2014, 12:35 PM
JohnC

Lots of people in the initial trade thread putting him in packages for Heatley back in the day

JohnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Kreider Typical
flex

92 point pace in 82... i dig it and I still feel like he can do more.

Kreider Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:02 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I feel that Doughty is still > offensively and McD > defensively but they are both really good so I won't split hairs saying who is better.

Doughty is elusive in the offensive zone about to dominate in the puck possession realm. McD has shown a bit more dangle this season but Doughty is clearly the better player in this regard. Doughty also has the better shot and offensive vision. Again McD has made great strides and could expand his game past Doughty (wouldn't that be a treat!) but presently Doughty is clearly better in the offensive zone.

On the flip side, McD owns in the defensive zone. That back check speed he showed against Montreal, unbelievable. great stick, great positioning, great everything. That said, I think because Doughty is so gifted offensively, some people short change his defense which is also very good but clearly not as good as McD. He quietly does a good job and is generally unnoticed in his zone. Invisible in a good way although watch out for his transition game. I'd still pin 20+ out of 30 GMs take Doughty over McD because offense is sexy.

hopefully we see McD eclipse Doughty entirely and unquestionably this season.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 01:17 AM
Brian Boyle
ZibaneFAM

vCash: 50
Just said it in the Boyle thread, but I would like to see McDonagh's ice time bumped up this year. He is, unquestionably, our #1D and franchise skater. He's definitely well equipped to play huge minutes. He could thrive playing 26-28 minutes a night.

07-02-2014, 06:16 PM
chosen

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I feel that Doughty is still > offensively and McD > defensively but they are both really good so I won't split hairs saying who is better.

Doughty is elusive in the offensive zone about to dominate in the puck possession realm. McD has shown a bit more dangle this season but Doughty is clearly the better player in this regard. Doughty also has the better shot and offensive vision. Again McD has made great strides and could expand his game past Doughty (wouldn't that be a treat!) but presently Doughty is clearly better in the offensive zone.

On the flip side, McD owns in the defensive zone. That back check speed he showed against Montreal, unbelievable. great stick, great positioning, great everything. That said, I think because Doughty is so gifted offensively, some people short change his defense which is also very good but clearly not as good as McD. He quietly does a good job and is generally unnoticed in his zone. Invisible in a good way although watch out for his transition game. I'd still pin 20+ out of 30 GMs take Doughty over McD because offense is sexy.

hopefully we see McD eclipse Doughty entirely and unquestionably this season.
I think Hedman will join them soon.

chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 06:27 PM
slipknottin

I said beginning of the season he was the best player (not including goalies) on the team.

Just about everyone disagreed saying Nash was better.

Whoops

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-02-2014, 06:38 PM
TheTakedown
Puck is Life

mmm

TheTakedown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 08:20 AM
Jersey Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
That's absolutely bonkers.

Main boards are a cesspool.
The main boards are a place where a few posters can take over a thread, and mute the rational posts by controlling the direction of the discussion with hyperbole and internet-poster-type arrogance and bullying.

Good thing that never happens on our board.

Jersey Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 02:59 PM
You 'Orns!

Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
The main difference between McD, Doughty and Subban is that I think we still haven't seen where he is going to take his game. Doughty and Subban you can see the spectacular, and you can see where they are improving and filling in the holes. McD is basically a top-notch solid player and adding the spectacular, season by season.

Where they stand now, Doughty is more likely to do the incredible and more likely to take over a game, but he comes at more risk than McD, but Doughty is becoming more consistent at both ends of the ice, and McD has shown the ability to occasionally bend the game to his will. Who knows where his ceiling is?

007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:10 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Oscar Limburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
mmm

This is still the filthiest McD goal:

Dude is gonna be disgustingly good next year.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 04:00 PM
slipknottin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
The main difference between McD, Doughty and Subban is that I think we still haven't seen where he is going to take his game. Doughty and Subban you can see the spectacular, and you can see where they are improving and filling in the holes. McD is basically a top-notch solid player and adding the spectacular, season by season.

Where they stand now, Doughty is more likely to do the incredible and more likely to take over a game, but he comes at more risk than McD, but Doughty is becoming more consistent at both ends of the ice, and McD has shown the ability to occasionally bend the game to his will. Who knows where his ceiling is?
Using a soccer term, but subban and doughty play with flair. That's the difference in their game offensively. Subban and doughty aren't afraid to make the throw the leg plays or whatever else. They have that kind of stick handling ability as well as the confidence to use it. McD has a bit of that, but he isn't close to being on their level, at least not yet.

Going into last season there was some doubt if he was ever going to add much offense at all, and he certainly showed he could, where he can take it is anyone's guess. I'm not sure he has as much ability as a subban does with the puck, that's something those guys have had and worked on for their entire careers.

But nobody thought McD had much of a shot either, and he worked on it last offseason to where now he is a very capable point shot. His shot has become considerably harder and more accurate.

I guess my point is just don't count him out. We don't know how good he is going to be yet

slipknottin is offline   Reply With Quote