HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Per Vogel: Caps possibly looking to "thin the herd" at RW via trade for C/LW

Old
07-03-2014, 02:10 PM
HabsMtl

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyMattyB View Post
Vogel is the Caps' in-house writer--so he's more PR hack than investigative journalist. However, he's always in the know when it comes to what the Caps are "possibly" looking into, and he's not in the habit of speculating about things that are not in the works. Meanwhile, the Caps have BIG plans for Tom Wilson, but the team's depth at right wing kept him limited to fourth-line minutes last year. From Vogel:

"The 20-year-old Wilson just finished his rookie NHL season with Washington in 2013-14, totaling three goals and 10 points while playing in all 82 games and racking up 151 penalty minutes... Because of the teamís depth on the right side, Wilson spent his entire season on the teamís fourth line and averaged just 7:56 in ice-time per night as a teenager in the NHL.

Washington believes Wilson has greater upside, and the Caps have greater needs at other positions such as center and possibly at left wing as well. If the Capitals were to thin the herd on the right side with a deal to address shortcomings at other positions, it would also alleviate a logjam at the position and enable Wilson to move higher on the depth chart and in the lineup."

Right now, the Caps' right wing situation is Ovechkin/Brouwer/Ward/Kuznetsov/Wilson/Fehr. (Trotz has said OV will start the season on the RW. Kuznetsov could play C or LW based on need, but he's naturally a RW.) Realistically, this means they're looking to move either Brouwer or Ward. They will NOT be moving Wilson or Kuznetsov. (According to the same blog post, Wilson just screwed up his foot/ankle anyway. No word yet on how bad or how long he could possibly be out. But the Caps still have an overabundance of right wings, and a real lack of depth at center and left wing.)

Any teams willing to swap a middle-six LW or C for a middle-six RW (Brouwer or Ward)? Both are on very reasonable contracts. Brouwer led the team in hits while potting 25 goals, 18 assists, and 92 PIMs. Ward had a career year with 24 goals and 25 assists playing on the third line. Most Caps fans would prefer to trade Brouwer.

Brouwer to MTL for Desharnais.
Desharnais is a 27 year old center. Started the year with 1 point in 19 games, ended with 51 in his last 60. He has speed and has gotten a lot better in fighting for the battles along the borders. He has a ca hit of 3.5 for the next 3 years.
Brouwer has a cap of just over 3.6 for 2 more years.

HabsMtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Lecavalier for Fehr. Done.

Four Boilermakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 02:38 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Brouwer, or Ward would be of interest.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:01 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Lecavalier for Fehr. Done.
That puts Washington over the salary cap. Only works if Philadelphia retains nealry 50%on Vinny, which defeats the point for Philadelphia.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:28 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Brouwer + for Foligno? PPG over the last three years (Brouwer's stint with Washington) about the same.

Brouwer for Zajac? Same as Foligno, but a high cap hit.

fedfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:35 PM
robertguess2013

Send a message via AIM to robertguess2013 Send a message via MSN to robertguess2013 Send a message via Yahoo to robertguess2013
stevie on radio today said was looking at upgrading RW for a top 6 mature player IE: Brouwer.

He said had called all the teams and nothing stood out.

So can only assume you guys are asking too much cause I thought personally a killorn trade worked like magic.

You're guy is better yet killorn has room to grow and younger. When his contract ends he will still be on elc. I would think would be a fair straight up trade myself. So figuring you are asking for a high pick which turned stevie off or something.

Last edited by robertguess2013: 07-03-2014 at 03:48 PM.
robertguess2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:54 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
stevie on radio today said was looking at upgrading RW for a top 6 mature player IE: Brouwer.

He said had called all the teams and nothing stood out.

So can only assume you guys are asking too much cause I thought personally a killorn trade worked like magic.

You're guy is better yet killorn has room to grow and younger. When his contract ends he will still be on elc. I would think would be a fair straight up trade myself. So figuring you are asking for a high pick which turned stevie off or something.
I like Killorn too, but I think Yzerman would want more than Brouwer for him.

Old
07-03-2014, 04:11 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

I would imagine that the Caps would be more interested in just moving contract(s) for picks/prospects to free up cap so that they could then sign some centers of choice, i.e. Legwand and Ott.

BiPolar Caps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 04:54 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BiPolar Caps View Post
I would imagine that the Caps would be more interested in just moving contract(s) for picks/prospects to free up cap so that they could then sign some centers of choice, i.e. Legwand and Ott.
Would be very glad if that's the case; pipeline could use some re-tooling.

Old
07-04-2014, 09:25 AM
Cyclops

Hasn't SJ been rumored for some sort of Shake up?

Green+brower

marleau +???

Cyclops is offline   Reply With Quote