HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anton Stralman Appreciation Thread

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-03-2014, 12:30 PM
  #26
Aufheben
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Aufheben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Angola
Posts: 12,408
vCash: 69
Yeah, there's about 10~ defensemen who are as good, or better than McDonagh, so what? This guy was our 2nd best defender more often than not.

__________________

Aufheben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 01:30 PM
  #27
thepoeticgoblin
Registered User
 
thepoeticgoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Karlstad, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 270
vCash: 500
Will be missed. Good luck with Cally and Boyler in Tampa

thepoeticgoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 01:31 PM
  #28
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 18,202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufheben View Post
Yeah, there's about 10~ defensemen who are as good, or better than McDonagh, so what? This guy was our 2nd best defender more often than not.
Seriously. Can we not have an appreciation thread unless it's for a star player?

Stralman played better than Girardi in the SCF. I will miss him.

Rangers Fail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 03:47 PM
  #29
azaloum90
Registered User
 
azaloum90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The coop!
Posts: 3,539
vCash: 500
I did want to see what a McD-Stralman pairing looked like on the ice, but I guess I'll never get to see that.

Oh Well

azaloum90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2014, 04:19 PM
  #30
Blue Blooded
Registered User
 
Blue Blooded's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azaloum90 View Post
I did want to see what a McD-Stralman pairing looked like on the ice, but I guess I'll never get to see that.

Oh Well
They played together in 2012-13 after Staal went down and were ridiculously dominant. A shame AV never tried them together, we might have extended Strålman instead of Girardi during the season (as we should have) if that was the case.

Blue Blooded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 11:55 AM
  #31
Chimp
Registered User
 
Chimp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: In my food garden.
Country: Sweden
Posts: 10,490
vCash: 500
Second best D-man on the team, asinine to let him go. Our defense just got worse. Luckily, Boyle should hopefully be able to handle the puck along with McD. Girardi is awful, Staal mediocre and Klein bad. That will really hurt.

I just detest we let Strålman go and got Boyle instead. Typical $ather move that will blow up in the face, as usual.


Last edited by Chimp: 07-04-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-04-2014, 02:18 PM
  #32
freewheeler
Registered User
 
freewheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 211
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
Second best D-man on the team, asinine to let him go. Our defense just got worse. Luckily, Boyle should hopefully be able to handle the puck along with McD. Girardi is awful, Staal mediocre and Klein bad. That will really hurt.

I just detest we let Strålman go and got Boyle instead. Typical $ather move that will blow up in the face, as usual.
And unsurprisingly, word from Stralman is that the Rangers never really had a substantive discussion with his side at the end of the year. Even if you know you wont bring a guy back - and personally I agree with those here that think he should have been kept over Girardi, if that choice had to be made - why the strange aloofness? Annoys me that my team treats players this way. Sather is strange.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-08-2014, 11:15 PM
  #33
Jyrgen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
And unsurprisingly, word from Stralman is that the Rangers never really had a substantive discussion with his side at the end of the year. Even if you know you wont bring a guy back - and personally I agree with those here that think he should have been kept over Girardi, if that choice had to be made - why the strange aloofness? Annoys me that my team treats players this way. Sather is strange.
Very disappointed...I was sure that they would sign him. I've said in other threads that he would take a discount etc and he would've signed with the Rangers if he got terms (with stability).

Well, I was wrong... management had a plan to go somewhere else.

Now I can tell about my source about this..it's one of his "agents", not for contracts but Close.

Still saying that in feb/mar they could have signed Strals for a bit under 4 mill if they wanted to for 4 years...terms and no move clause (stabliity). He never got a real offer...

Ok, maybe the lousy PP will get better... but honestly (i e hard reality) the D and Hank (ok, the AV transition has been great) has been the core for the last years of progress. So...a great D core signed for a couple of years (Staal is still a ?) along with a C and F core which is still in progress or at least at a chance of a potential revival .. I Believe the NYR made a mistake this year.

Jyrgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 12:44 AM
  #34
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
I think the lack of offense did Stralman in. The Rangers basically made a decision between Staal and Stralman, and they picked it. This is why I feel Staal will be resigned. You can't lose Stralman, and then Staal as well.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:03 AM
  #35
MetalGodAOD
Moderator
Star Rangers
 
MetalGodAOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 12,894
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrgen View Post
Very disappointed...I was sure that they would sign him. I've said in other threads that he would take a discount etc and he would've signed with the Rangers if he got terms (with stability).

Well, I was wrong... management had a plan to go somewhere else.

Now I can tell about my source about this..it's one of his "agents", not for contracts but Close.

Still saying that in feb/mar they could have signed Strals for a bit under 4 mill if they wanted to for 4 years...terms and no move clause (stabliity). He never got a real offer...

Ok, maybe the lousy PP will get better... but honestly (i e hard reality) the D and Hank (ok, the AV transition has been great) has been the core for the last years of progress. So...a great D core signed for a couple of years (Staal is still a ?) along with a C and F core which is still in progress or at least at a chance of a potential revival .. I Believe the NYR made a mistake this year.
That's really frustrating to hear. Sather must have really been down on the guy.

MetalGodAOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 01:05 AM
  #36
Rangerfan4life90
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: College Point, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,652
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalGodAOD View Post
That's really frustrating to hear. Sather must have really been down on the guy.
Which makes no sense. Stralman was very solid during his tenure here.

Rangerfan4life90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 02:27 AM
  #37
Mint
Dynamic Duo
 
Mint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Waterloo
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,264
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrgen View Post
Very disappointed...I was sure that they would sign him. I've said in other threads that he would take a discount etc and he would've signed with the Rangers if he got terms (with stability).

Well, I was wrong... management had a plan to go somewhere else.

Now I can tell about my source about this..it's one of his "agents", not for contracts but Close.

Still saying that in feb/mar they could have signed Strals for a bit under 4 mill if they wanted to for 4 years...terms and no move clause (stabliity). He never got a real offer...

Ok, maybe the lousy PP will get better... but honestly (i e hard reality) the D and Hank (ok, the AV transition has been great) has been the core for the last years of progress. So...a great D core signed for a couple of years (Staal is still a ?) along with a C and F core which is still in progress or at least at a chance of a potential revival .. I Believe the NYR made a mistake this year.
Huge mistake. It will probably be evident in next yrs standings.

Mint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-09-2014, 07:20 AM
  #38
Zil
Registered User
 
Zil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 4,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint View Post
Huge mistake. It will probably be evident in next yrs standings.
I don't know if it'll show up in the standings because we really underperformed in the regular season last year given how good the team was. I could see us finishing around 96 points again. But I don't see this squad going far in the playoffs barring a massive leap forward out of a lot of the younger guys.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.