HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone else notice the change in Havlat's game?

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2004, 02:28 PM
Sting

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Sting
Anyone else notice the change in Havlat's game?

I've noticed that every year at this time he's seemed to kick it up a notch and today's game vs. the Rangers was no different. He was speeding past players all over the place and continuously had people scrambling. I'm hoping he can continue this type of play into the playoffs...because he's quickly become a point-per-game player now.

Old
02-16-2004, 02:31 PM
Gonchar

I agree. Havlat has flying today. Great win for the Sens this afternoon!!

Old
02-16-2004, 02:32 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting004
I've noticed that every year at this time he's seemed to kick it up a notch and today's game vs. the Rangers was no different. He was speeding past players all over the place and continuously had people scrambling. I'm hoping he can continue this type of play into the playoffs...because he's quickly become a point-per-game player now.
Havlat had a slow start after missing training camp due to a contract dispute...but IMO over the last 2 months he has been the Senators best forward bar none. His skating wasn't very good in the first month of the season but has been flying lately. He is the Senators most talented player in my opinion and the sky is the limit for Marty.

Maybe we'll see him stay on the left wing for the rest of the season with Hossa.

Old
02-16-2004, 02:58 PM
nessie

Send a message via AIM to nessie Send a message via MSN to nessie Send a message via Yahoo to nessie
Havlat has definately brought his game up - I think, even though unfortunate at the time, he was really practicing during the dispute, but he realized now he needs to step his game up and he's done so - he's been extremely hot as of late

And to mention, based on the poll at Ottawasenators.com Havlat IS the first to reach 20 goals(over Spezza)

Old
02-16-2004, 03:46 PM
Hossa

Anybody still want to deal him?

Old
02-16-2004, 04:42 PM
HF2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hossa
Anybody still want to deal him?

Depends on the return.

Old
02-16-2004, 07:33 PM
south-sentral

Quote:
Originally Posted by HF2002
Depends on the return.
Unless it's something ludricous like a Rick Nash there's no reason to trade him. At this rate he could have had a 90 point season if it wasn't for the holdout/injuries.

Quote:
He is the Senators most talented player in my opinion and the sky is the limit for Marty.
I too think that he is our most talented player ..Hossa beats you with his overpowering strength and speed but Havlat moves are slick as oil..if he adds 15 Ibs or so this guy could be a dominant force in this league.

Old
02-16-2004, 07:43 PM
Volchenkov

Quote:
Originally Posted by south-sentral
I too think that he is our most talented player ..Hossa beats you with his overpowering strength and speed but Havlat moves are slick as oil..if he adds 15 Ibs or so this guy could be a dominant force in this league.
If he adds 15 pounds he could lose his game-breaking speed. Not everyone can bulk up AND get faster like Hossa did.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:12 PM
FlyersFan10*

That's a real nice dilemma to have in Ottawa though. Three potential franchise forwards that are the nucleus the team will build around for years. Spezza, Hossa, and Havlat. Damn, I have to admit that I'm very jealous. I've always liked Spezza and often have talked about the Flyers contacting Ottawa and offering up Gagne. Anyways, seeing as to how I'm from the Ottawa area originally, it's really nice to see the team have that kind of forward depth. Now, let's hope that John Muck doesn't decide to break it up because if he did, it would be a crying shame.

Old
02-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Sting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
If he adds 15 pounds he could lose his game-breaking speed. Not everyone can bulk up AND get faster like Hossa did.
He could definately use a bit of extra weight...that seems to be his only downfall because he does get pushed around a lot. I remember hearing sometime last year he wanted his body to be like Fisher. I'm not sure if that's possible but Fisher is pretty damn fast and he can run through people.

Old
02-16-2004, 11:53 PM
The Hamburglar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volchenkov
Maybe if he was a normal guy that just played hockey for fun. But this guy is an important player on a professional team with trainers in front of his feet. They tell him to do the right exercises and eat the right stuff so he bulks up and still has speed.

And yes, Havlat did state he wanted a body like Fisher.

Old
02-17-2004, 02:13 AM
rye&ginger

Havlat is having the breakout year I thought he would. I havent seen more than about 5 or 6 Sens games this year but he has been quite good in the ones Ive seen recently. Why trade him? Nothing in return could beat what he offers in a realistic trade.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:21 AM
RedWingRussian

vCash:
The kid is growing up.It's like watching your own baby boy take his first steps.You can definately notice that he is maturing,to go along with confidence.

Old
02-17-2004, 06:31 AM
bobbyboucher24

I'm not an Ottawa fan, but I am a big fan of Hossa and Havlat. In fact, the year he was drafted, I was actually hoping the Flyers took Havlat instead of Ouellet. In addition, I'm also a collector and have a huge Havlat RC collection. His cards have taken a big hit over the last year, and hopefully his stock starts rising again.

Old
02-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSG
And yes, Havlat did state he wanted a body like Fisher.
Hmm, a little locker-room heat?

Other Dave

Old
02-17-2004, 08:42 AM
SensGod

Send a message via MSN to SensGod
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan10
I've always liked Spezza and often have talked about the Flyers contacting Ottawa and offering up Gagne.
God I hope you're offering more than Gagne

I admit...I was one of the people during his hold out that wanted to move him. but I was VERY specific in what I'd want to see coming the other way in a package...either Morrow or Smyth. Right now, with marty demonstrating that he can ideed be as dominating on the left wing as he can be on the right wing...the list of players I'd move him for is down to one, and changed a bit...Rick Nash. But of course...columbus would be really stupid to move him...as Ottawa would to move Havlat.

My only worry is that this performance is because he wants to stick it to Muckler when his current contract expires after this year.

I can just see it now, "Richards and Gaborik all sucked compared to me this year...pay me more than Richards! I've proved that I'm a more valueable player than him...and I want to be payed accordingly."

Old
02-17-2004, 10:10 AM
Sting

Yeah I'm definately scared about that...but Muckler isn't stupid and I can't see him giving away Havlat. Personally I think he's worth well over 2 mill...I hope they can sign him to a 3-4 year deal.

Old
02-17-2004, 10:15 AM
Suiteness

For Iginla, I'd move Havlat. He's redundant on this team, methinks.

Old
02-17-2004, 11:11 AM
Other Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensGod
My only worry is that this performance is because he wants to stick it to Muckler when his current contract expires after this year.
Then he can sit *again*. He'll still be an RFA without arbitration rights, even if the league ends up playing.

Other Dave

Closed Thread