HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Peter Prucha, Where Does He Play?

Old
03-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Matsi
got paws?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightide85 View Post
Shanny is not only still a great player, but a leader and teacher to the kids. Not signing him would be beyond stupid.

You don't cater to a mediocre, overrated player like Prucha when you have Brendan Shanahan on your team. Prucha will have any leadership qualities. He's too small, and not as skilled as everyone makes him out to be.

You sign Shanny, flat out.

He's hardly a mediocre player. You just have no idea if you don't see the huge potential in Prucha... and the age that's creeping up Shanahans back...

That's not an EA Sports game. It's the real game. Prucha will only get better, while this could very well be Shanahan's last season like that. Who expected him to be SO effective? With his age, he's always fighting with himself to not lose a couple steps.

Every player needs the right circumstances to maximize his game. Prucha is an excellent young talent who's been forced to play any forward position on the Rangers.
He's the guy to take along. But if the Rangers don't want to keep him or if they don't use him the way he plays best and feels comfortable, he will evolve in another organization...

Matsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:32 PM
mucker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
and guys like Callahan, and hopefully Dubi, and other would likely only benefit. Having said that, I'd probably want to see Shanny in a reduced role next season. No PK minutes. No top PP minutes. Perhaps getting 15-16 minutes of ice time. He'll be 39 and the second half of the season's been quite rough on him. He can be helpful if a coach is willing to play him correctly.

As for Prucha...he can absolutely play with Jagr and Nylander. People became enamored with Hossa and his ability to go into the corner and concluded that's what Jagr needed - and then you enter in Isbister, who seemed to work OK but the results were quite barren. And what's forgotten is how productive Prucha was with Jagr when he got the chance to play with him. Unfortunately, though, playing him 20 minutes per game over an 82 game season isn't going to work. Playing him down the stretch and perhaps in the playoffs...that's an option, but for next season, I'm not sure it is.
If Prucha can play with Jagr and Nylander....then why hasn't he?
Can Prucha just not play the left side?

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 02:39 PM
mucker*

I suppose my big question is, what is the deal with Prucha?
Is he a real top six or better snipper, or is he a goal scorer, not assist, who needs lots of ice time, pucks, and oppurtunites?

He strikes me, along with Callahan, Immo as in between 2/3 line players, and this makes it very confusing as to where we should play these guys while giving the chance to make the most of our team?

Do you allow Prucha, Callahan, Immo, and Dawes to fight for 2nd and line roles, which means NOT upgrading to a Briere and possibly allowing a Shannahan to leave?

Keep in mind this team's problem has been not scoring goals, though of late this has not been a major concern.
We risk having long spells of inconsistenct with guys who are good but not bonfied yet top 6 scorers.

You do not put Prucha, Callahan, Immo, and Dawes on the 4th to rot, nor do you trade youth.

Then again we have Cullen, a 3rd liner, Prucha, Callahan, then perhaps Immo and Dawes, we need more goals next season and with Straka, Nylander, and Jagr, all set, where do you put the upgrade without ruining these prospects?

We need some upgrade in goal scoring, especially since Jagr is going to retire soon and Nylander, Straka are old, this is quite confusing given our plethra 2nd/3rd line mixed guys.

Your thoughts on what to do with Shannhan, upgrading goal scoring, aquiring a Briere, playing guys like Prucha, Callahan, spots for Immo, Dawes/

mucker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 03:10 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by slappingstinger View Post
I suppose my big question is, what is the deal with Prucha?
Is he a real top six or better snipper, or is he a goal scorer, not assist, who needs lots of ice time, pucks, and oppurtunites?

He strikes me, along with Callahan, Immo as in between 2/3 line players, and this makes it very confusing as to where we should play these guys while giving the chance to make the most of our team?

Do you allow Prucha, Callahan, Immo, and Dawes to fight for 2nd and line roles, which means NOT upgrading to a Briere and possibly allowing a Shannahan to leave?

Keep in mind this team's problem has been not scoring goals, though of late this has not been a major concern.
We risk having long spells of inconsistenct with guys who are good but not bonfied yet top 6 scorers.

You do not put Prucha, Callahan, Immo, and Dawes on the 4th to rot, nor do you trade youth.

Then again we have Cullen, a 3rd liner, Prucha, Callahan, then perhaps Immo and Dawes, we need more goals next season and with Straka, Nylander, and Jagr, all set, where do you put the upgrade without ruining these prospects?

We need some upgrade in goal scoring, especially since Jagr is going to retire soon and Nylander, Straka are old, this is quite confusing given our plethra 2nd/3rd line mixed guys.

Your thoughts on what to do with Shannhan, upgrading goal scoring, aquiring a Briere, playing guys like Prucha, Callahan, spots for Immo, Dawes/
Have you read the thread you started with basically same questions? Read my post #14 here if you're so lazy to read everything....

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 05:40 PM
lucky13
Iron Chic

gp g a pts pim

145 50 35 85 62

just wanna give congrats to prucha on goal # 50 of his career........

lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky13 View Post
gp g a pts pim

145 50 35 85 62

just wanna give congrats to prucha on goal # 50 of his career........

Those are very solid numbers for a kid his age. He's no superstar, but with proper icetime and the right mates he's a perennial 30/30 guy if you ask me.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-02-2007, 11:55 PM
True Blue Bleed Blue

Not on the 4th line. As well as Isbister has done...Prucha belongs on the top 2 lines...not Brad Isbister

True Blue Bleed Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 06:55 PM
True Blue

Apparently Prucha has no role in a Renney-coached team. I state this before, but I am absolutely flabbergasted at Renney's treatment of him. I love the Rangers, and I like Prucha, and as such I really hope that Renney trades him off for a spare part and he becomes a perenial 25-30 goal scorer for a different teams and becomes yet another painfull reminder of this organization's many mistakes.

True Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 06:59 PM
SickNice

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue View Post
Apparently Prucha has no role in a Renney-coached team. I state this before, but I am absolutely flabbergasted at Renney's treatment of him. I love the Rangers, and I like Prucha, and as such I really hope that Renney trades him off for a spare part and he becomes a perenial 25-30 goal scorer for a different teams and becomes yet another painfull reminder of this organization's many mistakes.
There really is no explanation for it. None whatsoever.

SickNice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 07:17 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
Sure there is. It is not a true-Renney team unless there is a 4th liner/waiver-level player on every line. Tonight, only the 2nd line is missing the key ingridient.

Old
04-03-2007, 07:24 PM
in the hall

Prucha is a regular NHLer.. Renney is a fking idiot. this is why i have no confidence in him as a coach

in the hall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-03-2007, 11:41 PM
BwayBshirt

Quote:
thankfully, renney has no power to trade.

let renney hang himself for his treatment of prucha, i'm sure maloney knows.

BwayBshirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 03:46 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Last night when I heard Prucha was a scratched I knew they would lose. How do you scratch a player who scored in 2 of the last 3 against the Islanders.

What made it worse was that Hollweg-Betts-Orr were -2.

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 04:59 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyF27 View Post
Last night when I heard Prucha was a scratched I knew they would lose. How do you scratch a player who scored in 2 of the last 3 against the Islanders.

What made it worse was that Hollweg-Betts-Orr were -2.
Orr: 4:13 TOI; -2; 0 sog
Hollweg: 6:18; -2; 0 sog
Ortmeyer: 10:23; 0; 1 sog; 4 PIM
Isbister: 15:33; +1; 0 sog

How's that sit with ya?

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

Prucha skated with Betts and Hollweg at practice today. Also
Quote:
I asked Renney if he felt the team missed Prucha last night.

“I don’t think so. The lines were designed the way they were for a reason,” Renney said. “That was to make sure we were in a sound position, primarily without the puck, and I think we were OK there. You can always look back and second guess and wonder if. I’m not going there.
No comment from me on this one, I'm sure everyone can draw their own conclusions. If you've agreed with Renney all year chances are you see no problem here. If you've found fault with the coach most likely you hate these snipets as well.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 05:32 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Quote:
Asked why Prucha was sitting out, Renney said: "The combinations of people I want to put together for tonight's game.

"Pete's game doesn't change a whole lot. The effort's always there. He's got a pretty good feel for where the game is and where it's going. It's a matter of combinations -- what I might be able to get and what I think I need tonight in combination with a couple of other guys that sort of prevented him from popping back into the lineup.
I love it, Renney basically says that Prucha is useless.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/ran...ed_tonight.php

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-04-2007 at 05:38 PM.
Old
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
gravy121

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickNice View Post
Listening to XM radio, while scratching my head over the Prucha benching; Espo theorized that the only reason he could see for Prucha benching is that Petr has some injury or just banged up, and this being the time of year it is, that the team/renney did not want to disclose this
I seriousely doubt this, I defer to Renney incompetence, but any thoughts of Prucha just being a little banged up?

gravy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugerya View Post
No comment from me on this one, I'm sure everyone can draw their own conclusions. If you've agreed with Renney all year chances are you see no problem here. If you've found fault with the coach most likely you hate these snipets as well.
Something like that. Suddenly Isbister is a MUST when it comes to playing with Jagr. 17 games, mostly with Jagr, he has 1 goal & 4 assists. I'm sorry, but those are not the stats of somebody that should be playing on the top line. Or the 2nd line, for that matter.

Like I said, it is a shame that Renney has no use for Prucha. But let's harken back to last year, when he decided and stated that Prucha's best chance for success is going to come from playing on the bottom-2 lines. That was followeg up by being replaced by a one-armed, utterly ineffective Rucinsky. 50 goals in his first two years. I don't even remember the last Rangers farm product to score 20 goals in his first two seasons. Apparently, none of it matters much to Renney, who needs a safe, comfortable 4th liner/waiver-level player on each and every line.

Old
04-04-2007, 09:37 PM
klingsor
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
I don't even remember the last Rangers farm product to score 20 goals in his first two seasons. Apparently, none of it matters much to Renney, who needs a safe, comfortable 4th liner/waiver-level player on each and every line.
Don't know if he was the last, but Rick Middleton had 20 plus goals in each of his first two seasons.

Obviously, we gotta find a modern day Ken Hodge to trade Prucha for.

klingsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-04-2007, 10:06 PM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

Watch prucha get traded for either a prospect that will amount to nothing, for some useless 3rd/4th line player, or for an old vet.

Old
04-05-2007, 07:35 AM
Fletch

Mugerya...

Renney plays it safe. He'd rather have a guy like Ortmeyer out there because he's a defensive outlet. What he fails to admit is that even though a line may be defensively more sound, it's offensively less sound and that it actually may be less effective. He does this a lot, but it doesn't matter if one of the top guns comes through and/or Lundqvist plays like Lundqvist can play.

Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 07:37 AM
Fletch

But TB...

Isbister creates a lot of space for Jagr! I actually think it's the other way around. I keep going to the Nylander goal a couple games ago in which Joe Mich made a big deal about Isbister using his body to sheild the puck. What he failed to say is that a forward was playing him loosely and didn't even attempt to touch him as the defensemen were closer to Jagr because Isbister created no threat to them, or at least they thought.

Whatever makes Jagr go is fine with me though, since he is a key to this team's success...

Old
04-05-2007, 07:42 AM
25 A L I V E

Prucha has easily been the most misused, mishandled, mistreated plyer on the team this season.

Like others have said, I really do hope he gets traded so when we play against him he can burn us and make the organization look even worse.

25 A L I V E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
04-05-2007, 08:03 AM
True Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by klingsor View Post
Don't know if he was the last, but Rick Middleton had 20 plus goals in each of his first two seasons.

Obviously, we gotta find a modern day Ken Hodge to trade Prucha for.
That's about what I expect to happen. That or the new-age Bobby Carpenter. Due to Renney's stupidity, I fully expect Prucha to get traded. And like, Amonte, Weight, Ridley, Middleton, Miller, Gagner, etc....I expect that Prucha will join the ranks of showing just why it is that this organization's record for developing players is so poor and how it is that they have 1 Cup in 60 years.

Of all the things that I have not been a Renney fan of, and there are plenty, his treatment of Prucha has taken the cake. I cannot recall a much worse course of action.

Old
04-05-2007, 08:26 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

i can understand Amonte & Weight. They were pieces of the puzzle to winning the cup. Then again we had Mark Messier on the team back then and a team who in 92-93 (when weight was traded) was setting itself up for success and everyone knew it. Then in '94 Keenan knew this was the team but it needed a few pieces. Matteau and Noonan were hardly a misuse of Amonte. Matteau became a legend in NY. So that I can excuse because it did lead to a cup, but the rest you're on the money.

Unless Sidney Crosby ends up here in the prime of his career I don't foresee the Rangers having a team that you know is a couple pieces away like that team was.

Last edited by WhipNash27: 04-05-2007 at 08:42 AM.
Old
04-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Fletch

If Prucha gets traded...

I'd suspect he'd be packaged, say with a Baranka or other young defenseman with some value for a young centerman or defenseman. I don't see Prucha going for a 35 year old, especially if he is to go in the offseason.